The ABCs of Another Steppe Into Adventure!- Last Africa Ch. + World Showcase Pt. 2

Forgive my extreme tardiness in responses to this thread, and you in particular, Doc. Let's see if I can get caught up now. :)

What about people who have a camera, but aren't even remotely close to being able to call themselves a photographer? Hmmm? What about us?

Just takes some practice. I can REALLY tell a difference between photos I took say 4 years ago and now. I think it takes time to fiddle around with settings, and develop your style. Keep at it!!

Beautiful pictures (as normal). These two are my favorite. Good thing, at least there's one photographer (or at least one who know sauntering is best) on this thread.

Thanks, Doc. :) I hope I can capture another few photos next month while sauntering along my travels.

Nope, but it can buy a whole lot of stupid! I work with many people who make well over 6 figures and are "intelligent". Big difference between book intelligence and real intelligence and I've come to the conclusion common sense is not common.

I would whole-heartedly agree with that statement.

I just saw that Liesa commented on this and felt compelled to jump into the discussion since my one week cruising to Norway obviously qualifies me as a Norway expert! :rotfl2:But I did read a couple of books on Norway before the trip and we did quite a few museums and the one thing I took back from this was how well that ride did indeed show Norway. The problem being that there is not that much to show with regard to history because for a long time it was a very poor area that was more or less a colony of Sweden or Denmark.It really was the oil that transformed it into a modern country. So, we have a rich, old folklore and then a lot of nothing happening until modern days. However, I think the ride did fail in regard to making people understand that those two elements really were what the country was about. And it did not emphasis enough on the amazing landscape that the country has also to offer.

I also think that I once read that Maelstrom was one of the first attractions suffering from budget cuts and such. I seem to have heard that it was supposed to be a longer ride. Need to ask my husband about it.

Btw, Maelstrom was the first big thing that Joe Rohde worked on. I think his subsequent projects turned out better...

Magdalene,

I'm not sure if I've responded to this, as I've tried a few times to make sense of where I left off with replies.

This is very interesting and actually makes me all the more sad to have seen Maelstrom go. I think the intent of the park WAS to highlight the countries' cultures and history and by replacing the real Norway with a fictional Arendale is a real shame.

As for Joe Rhode... I didn't know that! I always like to hear about Imagineers who have played a larger role in the makings of the parks and attractions. Thanks for sharing that!!!

Good Lord, no! Anything but that?!?!?!

I need my coffee..... :guilty:

Cool! I'm sure you'll be very excited to go when the time comes. :)

And yet... perhaps again on the other coast. :)

At this point... pipe dreams.

Hmmm... maybe? Or maybe they wanted payment for the photo?

It's possible, but I'm not sure how they'd get it with us zipping along at 25 mph. :laughing:

So you don't want strange men trying to pick you up.
Stay out of bars, then. ;)

LOL! Or off boats in Africa!

Last update title:
UVWXYZ

Updated Very Wonderfully eXactly as You Zip through it.

Not a bad idea!!!

I did want to tie it up with a montage of my favorite photos, and my own ranking of the pavilions, just to tie up loose ends.

I find the interior much more interesting to shoot than the exterior.

I've not shot much of either. Maybe on my next trip I'll snag a few of the interior.

Hmmm... have mixed feelings about that.
On the one hand, it would be nice to have whenever you want... but on the other, it takes away from the magic of getting it at Disney, you know?

True, maybe best leave Disney-specific snacks for the special times of actually being there.

I Googled and all the pictures I saw didn't show her as "full figured". Most are fairly thin.

Huh! I've not studied Norse mythology enough to be conversant in it, but it does makes sense then that she might be Freya.

Really! Even with TOT?

And on my new PTR/TR I COMPLETELY forgot to mention that as one of my favorites. Silly me!!!!!!

You do? Huh! I don't think I could sacrifice TT or Soarin'. But good for you. :)

Oh no, not in place of!! But, in addition to and certainly not every time. I haven't been on it since 2010 so I'm ready to try it again.

Oh? They took the belly dancers out? Not PC enough?

I'm thinking yes. There may still be one in the Marakesh? But, last I saw the outside show there wasn't one.

I meant the show "American Adventure" which is 28 and a half minutes long.

OH! Yes, that is a long one, but if your feet hurt, and you're hot, it's not a bad show to plant ones derriere in .

Here ya go. Got rid of that over hang too.

epcot%20photo_zpspljwuvhf.jpg

OH wow!! Thank you!! Much, much better!

I can see where you might not be jumping up and down with excitement to plan another similar trip! East Africa would be a very different experience, I suspect, although I haven't been there, so have no first-hand experience. I do suspect they have more tourist-friendly accommodations for actual tourists, due to the safari trade. Luxury travel, even.

I do think you are right. It's much more developed due to the tourism/safari trade so would be a very different experience. Maybe someday....

I will be on the lookout! I did see that you are part of the huge girls' trip PTR - that sounds like it will be a lot of fun. (I'm lurking more than commenting, lately)

I wish you could join us too!!! Any chance?

I'm sure I didn't see that at Epcot (since I was totally in the Pokemon section of the store), but that sort of thing sounds very Japanese.

It'll be interesting to see what's in that space now. It seems to change every time I walk in there.

Not actually planned. I have a theoretical October 2019 trip in my head that would be just dh and me, but I have no idea if it will actually happen or not. Too many other places we want to go, too many other things to spend money on...

I totally get that!! This is the year of Disney for me... after that, who knows!!

Understated naughty? splain please.
I think the land itself is pretty, yes. Having ridden FOP and NRJ in February, I'm not sure there's too much here, other than the decorations, for me. Since you read my TR, this is for those who were wise enough to stay away from it. ;)

I will send you a PM. ;)

The drumming show is kinda fun and the gift shop has some unique things, but you are right, not much there except to wander around in a very peaceful, beautiful place. Sometimes that all I want.

FOP hurt my back. The little bar that comes up hit me right in the spot where I broke 3 vertebrae years ago and physically hurt. The ride itself was cool, but not 6 hours wait time cool. NRJ was meh, but then again, many dark rides are like that for me unless it's 98/100 outside (that's 98 degrees, and 100% humidity, which is pretty much June-August).

OUCH!!! Yeah, I can see how that'd totally ruin the ride for you. Being in pain during it doesn't sound like very much fun at all.

I'd wait an hour to see it, but that's my cutoff for ANY ride no matter how great it is. Most I'd only wait 20-30 tops.

I think MK is still my favorite because it was my first with EPCOT coming in 2nd for me. AK was my least favorite, but maybe displaced HS for 3rd place. Tiffins, not Pandora...oh and dole whips.

I think your ranking is very similar to most people's. And I think that nostalgia plays a huge part in that. But I will say, AK was my very least favorite having hated it in 2000 when I went with the family. It was so awful we left after and hour. But, I started spending more and more time there starting with my 2008 trip and began to really love it. Perhaps because my touring style has really changed over the years. And the park has "grown into itself" and morphed quite a bit since then.

Where was this at? Like the dragon head.

It's on the front entrance over the tapstiles. There are 4 panels each representing the original concepts of the areas of AK. One of those was Beastly Kingdoms, which never materialized.

I will have to keep an eye out in September. Can't say as I notice lamp posts much, but maybe will need to pay more attention.

Let me know what you think! :)

Yes, although not as bad as it sounds I guess, there's no "in your face" Marvel comic strip hanging on the wall. I happened across the below article and I just found it interesting they highlighted the gods from Marvel (Thor, Loki, Odin) - not a coincidence I'm sure, but I guess Marvel itself based the comics on real Norse gods. And it does appear to be tastefully done with authentic artifacts.

https://www.easywdw.com/easy/blog/norway-gods-of-the-vikings-exhibit-at-epcot/

I did read the link and it really is very well presented, artful and tasteful. I will make sure to hit up the Stave Church and take a peek for myself. Thanks for posting that!

I cannot like this post since once again I'll just barely miss someone I'd like to meet. :sad:
We're there Sep 23rd-29th.
So close...so close, but yet so far...

This happens to me far more than "just sometimes". I've missed several DISMeets I'd have liked to have done by as little as ONE day. I'm sure our paths will cross at some point. :)

Slowly making progress... one post at a time. :)

Ummm, sorry, but relief is not spelled s a d n e s s. I understand you wanting it to be finished, but since you have more than 5 readers, not a relief at all for us. Sorry I haven't been around much, but as I shared with you, I'm going through a rough spot now as well and simply don't have as much time for the DIS as I'd like. Please contain YOUR sigh of RELIEF!

Truth be told I was down to about that many commenting readers by the end as well. ;) But, trudging on, there is a new thread for everyone to be silly on where I hope to have worthwhile material to share.

I will have to google this...no idea what "Ryhypnol'd" is.

It's a powerful sedative that has been used nefariously in Mexico to drug tourists and rob, beat or rape. It's an extremely disturbing trend happening far too often right on in once safe places.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news...st-fears-violence-cancun-los-cabos/471115002/

Mmmm hmmm. First it was white powder, now PCP and Margaritas. And from a nurse, no less.
:sad:

LOL!! I"m clean, I swear!!

Okay, okay, excessive coffee use, but still!

I thought you said no more quiz. Nope. Don't like te-kill-ya, so not a marg fan in the least. Also, due to pepper allergies, Mexico is one of our least visited pavilions for food.

Oh dear, yes, I can see why it'd not be one of your favorites. But, the perennial evening ambiance is pretty cool.

This is still on my to do list. Forgot to try this in February...too much to do, so little time.

I find new stuff to do or try every single trip! And no, never enough time to do them all.

You haven't heard the story??? Wow! I thought you knew everything about Disney.
When the imagineers were designing Norway, they found a real troll. They made a bridge for Maelstrom and the troll lived under there and aside from taking tolls, he also liked to scare people on the ride. One day, Medusa was riding and when the troll popped out to scare her, he turned to stone. The problem was the troll's magic also changed Medusa. The snakes fell off her head and into the water and she turned into a beautiful girl. Since nobody dared look at her before, she never needed clothes. Well, she was so scared of the snakes and people looking upon her n*dity, she immediately ran out of the ride. There was a cousin of Medusa's whose gaze turned people to bronze instead of stone. She was waiting outside in case her cousin "missed" anyone. She looked at the young girl, unbeknowst to her, her cousin and pow, she's bronze, n*de and running.

As Paul Harvey used to say...."Now you know the rest of the story"

WHOA!!!! This is almost... believable!!! And quite an intricate and elaborate tale. Have you contacted Disney studios for a live action version of this?!

If you want to send me the photo, I can work on it for you. I did one for missalexisangel (?) to take out the person that photobombed them.

I would have, had I been paying more attention to this thread. LOL!! (Sorry, let it slide for far too long!)

As opposed to all the other times we're dishonest??? Hmmm?
Honest = NOPE Never been on my radar

Well, I didn't exactly mean it that way, but sure! HA!

According to Jeff, there is a new exhibit in there now about the Norse Gods of mythology- focusing on the ones Marvel uses. (No surprise there.) I'll probably take a cruise through again when I'm there.

Honestly (yep, still being honest), I was never a big WS fan until the last 5-6 years since I don't like shopping either. So, the only real change I remember is Frozen, which aside from Olaf, I don't care for. I regret not being able to try Akerhaus before they changed it.

I do like to hop into each shop and it keeps me on task (so I don't waste WAY too much time in each one) by doing that Shop-Around-the-World challenge. Get a thing, get out. Re: Frozen? Agreed. Olaf makes it worth it.

Cute. May have to look for those in September.

I think they had 3 or 4 designs. Snowflakes was another one.

No, yes, yes. (in order)
The caramel (or is it Karamell) apple from there was great and so was the caramel corn. I think it was mentioned here...the maple popcorn in Canada has piqued my interest also.

Maybe I'll break down and get something this trip. I'll be sure to let you know.

No clue. I've been to Italy and seen architecture similar, but not sure.

It was, as others have said, Venice. I'd love to return someday!

Most favorite
Germany for food
Japan for "stuff"
Honorable mention, UK for tea (but too expensive and not many greens)
Least favorite
Canada - Been to Canada a few times and enjoyed it, but the pavilion and lack of shopping as you said are meh. Only thing that kept US from being last is VOL.

Germany, Japan, China, Italy, Norway, UK, Mexico, Morroco, America, Canada

Sorry to burst your bubble steppe, but the belly dancers in Morroco --- nope!

Interesting order! I'm really getting a vast array of tastes!

I was thinking he was rivaling Dan. Good one Jeff.

Boys will be boys. ;)

Never mind, then. :lmao:

He beat ya to it. :)

71 pages late but here I am !!

Liessa , only you and your family would embark on such a mission . . I am humbled by your giving of yourself for those in need !! I am proud tcount you a a friend !! The Lord will bless you for your service to others !!
I will eventually get all caught up !!

I'm glad you popped in, Rosie!! I'm so happy you're still around and saying hi as you can with your busy schedule and ongoing recovery!

I"m sure there will be more adventures along the way for me. Stay tuned... :)

Liesa, I was waaaaaay behind (I've become even less Dis-eyer than I was before due to work and life.) but was able to catch up while my boss was getting ready for heavy duty depositions tomorrow. Your last day in Africa had me stressing out and I didn't actually live it. Regarding your last Disney trip update, I loved the Christmas decorations in Norway too. They were my favorite of all of the World Showcase decorations.

Hey Lisa! :)

I"m far too behind myself and it gets worse all the time. But, I did start a new thread that you can join and I never really update more than once a week so it'll be easier to pop in as you can and read.

While I enjoyed the Christmas decorations, I'm looking forward to going back in a few weeks and seeing the more "familiar" (to me) Autumn/Halloween ones.

Hey! Just letting you know I'm trying to catch up but I seem to only have time at bedtime and my tablet doesn't play nice. Saw you with your beautiful granddaughter on facebook. We're you in Guam or were they visiting Stateside?

I totally understand that! I seem to only have time to reply or update in the evenings and sometimes not even then, but read along on my phone as I can on breaks from work.

Emily (my DIL) and the baby flew through Oregon on their way back TO Guam. Anara, my youngest, flew with them so she can help them for a few weeks and just have a fun adventure.

Define a little bit. It's been over a minute, so to me that's a little bit. But, since I don't have any active TRs or PTRs (so as not to bore my 8 readers), no updates from me except hysterical...umm, funny....umm, witty....okay fine dumb comments on other people's TRs.

Oh boy... in terms of TR time? Let's think in weeks! LOL!! And your comments are NOT dumb! They are just as relevant and welcome as anyone else's. :goodvibes

You are safe from me, I promise! And no, I'm not going to start a PTR just to make you be behind, lol.

And, yet, if you did, Irene, I'd read it. (Might take me a while to find and get to it, but I would!)

Here I came to comment as I couldn't remember if I commented on your first set of questions, and realized that I had, but then found a whole new set of questions. I also never commented on your Escape from Africa. I could have NEVER done that trip, and to have so many things out of my control like that I would have been a complete and total basket case. I suppose if I were traveling with just me, but I'm so accustomed to doing everything with Fran and looking out for her all the time, I've lost sight of reality as a solo person. I'm always in awe of what it's like say when Jill and I are touring Disney all by ourselves and such.

OH for sure! Solo is VERY different from traveling with others no MATTER their level of needs. It's just a totally different dynamic. Both styles have their pros and cons, of course.

I'm glad you were able to make your plane and get back to civilization and such!

ME TOO!!! :faint:

I've had one with you! I'm a margarita purist. I usually go for the Cadillac one with a side of Grand Marnier.

Okay, confession time. The best Cadillac I've ever had (twice now), believe it or not, was at Olive Garden. Yum!!!

And yes you have! We need to do that again!

Fran loves the Lefse!

I adore lefse. On occasion my BIL (who is 2nd gen Norwegian) makes a traditional Norwegian Christmas breakfast with all the works while I"ve provided the lefse. Not hard, but time consuming.

No clue but the closest I could get was that in Denmark there is a music festival called the Roskilde Festival. It's four days long and sort of similar to Coachella, one of the "things" at the Festival is a Naked Run around the Camp Site, one each Male and Female winner receive tickets to the next year's festival.

Oh my. :faint: So kinda like the Portland Naked Bike Ride.

I'm not sure I've even been in the Stave Church or where it is!

Sure you know where it is. It's one of the central buildings of Norway. There is a pretty nifty museum inside. :)

It's the big brown building right at the front of the Pavilion.

Well I miss the Troll. I heard that the Viking ship was practically falling apart because the wood rotted so they had to get rid of it. I don't remember it though.

That makes sense, but I think they took it out because of liability from falling kids. I miss the troll too!

I'm gonna have to say yes, for the love of god, how could you not? And if you haven't WHY??????? We usually stop there on our first day of the trip and buy $50-100 worth of stuff!

I just.. haven't. Okay, OKAY!!!! I'll fix the error of my ways and indulge this time!

But definitely NOT$50 worth!! :faint:

Since all the buildings are also representative of Venice, I'm gonna go with that.

Correct!!!!

My rankings are mostly based on the Food and Drink available in the countries, the more good restaurants or quick places for booze in that pavillion the higher the rating it got!

Mexico - 8
France - 8
Italy - 7
Japan - 7
Germany - 6
England - 6
Morocco - 6
Canada - 4
China - 4
America - 3
Norway - 2

LOL!! This does not surprise me at all. ;)

I think that was on my very first trip with Fran. Back before she was diagnosed with RA and she used to eat raw fish too.

Huh!! And... I had no idea she didn't/ couldn't eat raw fish. :confused:

I don't get there until sometime after October 1st. We have to be in Orlando on the 10th of October, so we'll probably be tacking on 5 days prior at WDW.

And we'll already be gone. :( By about a week.

I adore lefse. On occasion my BIL (who is 2nd gen Norwegian) makes a traditional Norwegian Christmas breakfast with all the works while I"ve provided the lefse. Not hard, but time consuming.

She keeps talking about "us" making lefse, and I know what that means..... :rolleyes1

Sure you know where it is. It's one of the central buildings of Norway. There is a pretty nifty museum inside. :)

Um, no, I've been to the restrooms, the ride and the shops. I did take a picture of a building that had Remy and the Frozen Sisters outside of it last F&W but didn't know that you could actually go inside of it.

I just.. haven't. Okay, OKAY!!!! I'll fix the error of my ways and indulge this time!

But definitely NOT$50 worth!! :faint:

Well we get 3 or 4 of the salted caramels chocolates, 3 or 4 of the pinwheel caramel chocolates, a rice krispy treat or two, a bag of caramel corn, maybe a couple others that I forget, but there you have it, and we eat them in the room when we get home each night.

LOL!! This does not surprise me at all. ;)

Well Mexico has the margaritas, and we used to love the old incarnation of the Margarita stand, even if they are premixed, they're still really good! And France has the slushies and the ice cream Martinis, so those are the top two! And yeah, the restaurants and QS wine service make the other countries for me!

Huh!! And... I had no idea she didn't/ couldn't eat raw fish. :confused:

Well she has put this restriction on herself. She's afraid of what might be in raw fish. We often share Spider Rolls, Unagi Rolls, Tempura Rolls, and she loves a Philly Cheese Roll, but I save the raw stuff for just me. Usually that ends up being just an order of Tuna sushi since I can't each much and one sushi and a part of a roll and I'm about done.

And we'll already be gone. :( By about a week.

Bummer.

At this point... pipe dreams.

Ya never know...

It's possible, but I'm not sure how they'd get it with us zipping along at 25 mph. :laughing:

A little out of date, but...
https://www.un.org/africarenewal/magazine/december-2013/piracy-west-africa

LOL! Or off boats in Africa!

:laughing:

I did want to tie it up with a montage of my favorite photos, and my own ranking of the pavilions, just to tie up loose ends.

Yep! Waiting on that. :)

I've not shot much of either. Maybe on my next trip I'll snag a few of the interior.

Dark though. Need a steady hand (or object or tripod)

And on my new PTR/TR I COMPLETELY forgot to mention that as one of my favorites. Silly me!!!!!!

I think you said you corrected that?

Oh no, not in place of!! But, in addition to and certainly not every time. I haven't been on it since 2010 so I'm ready to try it again.

Ah! So then you have more than one day in Epcot since they're all first Tier FPs.

I'm thinking yes. There may still be one in the Marakesh? But, last I saw the outside show there wasn't one.

Tragic

OH! Yes, that is a long one, but if your feet hurt, and you're hot, it's not a bad show to plant ones derriere in .

Like France. :)

OH wow!! Thank you!! Much, much better!

You're welcome.

She keeps talking about "us" making lefse, and I know what that means..... :rolleyes1

OH! I've heard the line before.... :rolleyes:

Um, no, I've been to the restrooms, the ride and the shops. I did take a picture of a building that had Remy and the Frozen Sisters outside of it last F&W but didn't know that you could actually go inside of it.

Well, I know how much you enjoy museums and learning, so this is one I'd highly recommend. It's very small and easy to get through in 15 or so minutes (maybe even less) and is pretty authentic in the rotating displays they have. :)

Well we get 3 or 4 of the salted caramels chocolates, 3 or 4 of the pinwheel caramel chocolates, a rice krispy treat or two, a bag of caramel corn, maybe a couple others that I forget, but there you have it, and we eat them in the room when we get home each night.

I may pop in this trip! ;) But, Food & Wine is going to trump sweet rich things.

Well Mexico has the margaritas, and we used to love the old incarnation of the Margarita stand, even if they are premixed, they're still really good! And France has the slushies and the ice cream Martinis, so those are the top two! And yeah, the restaurants and QS wine service make the other countries for me!

I REALLY enjoyed the food offerings at the new stand (La Choza?) at the pav entrance. I think they have many of the same pre-mixed choices for margs too. And an ice cream martini is for SURE on the list this time.

Well she has put this restriction on herself. She's afraid of what might be in raw fish. We often share Spider Rolls, Unagi Rolls, Tempura Rolls, and she loves a Philly Cheese Roll, but I save the raw stuff for just me. Usually that ends up being just an order of Tuna sushi since I can't each much and one sushi and a part of a roll and I'm about done.

I get that. A lot of folks are. And these days the cooked options can be really tasty and just as satisfying as the traditional. And I agree; I also reach capacity.

Very interesting read. :) I wonder what it's like now? I did notice Sierra Leone wasn't mentioned.

Yep! Waiting on that. :)

Coming right up!

Dark though. Need a steady hand (or object or tripod)

Yeah, I don't think I'm going to lug one around, especially while trying to handle a wine glass and food. ;)

I think you said you corrected that?

Just did!

Ah! So then you have more than one day in Epcot since they're all first Tier FPs.

Yes. Two. F&W, ya know.

Alright... I said I'd rank the EPCOT pavilions.

I gave the order I did according to overall appearance, perceived authenticity, food options and "stuff to do". I know everyone uses different criteria in ranking them fave to least- this is just MY take. ;)

***Disclaimer: This may change tomorrow. I can be moody.***

1. Morocco- 2 restaurants, museum, bazaar feel to whole place, live music

2. France - Sig dining, attraction, lots of shops, etc...

3. Mexico- 4! places to eat, attraction, shopping, museum, live music act!

4. Japan- 3 places to eat (1 is becoming a signature), loads of shopping, live music, museum, but no attraction

5. Norway- Attraction, museum, rice cream

6. UK- loads of shopping and some okay eating. Yes, R&C is good, but is stuff can easily make at home.

7. Germany- occasional hit and miss live music unless you pay $60 for a buffet to hear it, less shopping, no museum, no attraction

8.China- I doubt highly this is the real deal China, has attraction, crappy reviews on the food and stuff I can get on every street corner even in Salem.

9. Italy- Booooring.

10. Canada- Nice movie and a great filet, pretty gardens, but not much else

11. America- Skip it unless you're there to see VOL

Huh! I've not studied Norse mythology enough to be conversant in it, but it does makes sense then that she might be Freya.

Okay, I can't remain silent anymore... I've heard the story of this statue at least twice on various guided tours. The statue is in honor of a famous Norwegian marathoner--she won the New York Marathon 9 times.

From a Disney Parks blog article:
The statue depicts a graceful runner in mid-stride. The larger-than-life bronze sculpture is of Grete Waitz, the famed Norwegian marathoner who won the New York City Marathon nine times and set world records along the way.
Last month, the world lost one of its greatest runners of all time when Waitz passed away in Oslo, Norway. A pioneer in women’s distance running, she was revered worldwide for her grace, generosity and humility.

Okay, I can't remain silent anymore... I've heard the story of this statue at least twice on various guided tours. The statue is in honor of a famous Norwegian marathoner--she won the New York Marathon 9 times.

From a Disney Parks blog article:
The statue depicts a graceful runner in mid-stride. The larger-than-life bronze sculpture is of Grete Waitz, the famed Norwegian marathoner who won the New York City Marathon nine times and set world records along the way.
Last month, the world lost one of its greatest runners of all time when Waitz passed away in Oslo, Norway. A pioneer in women’s distance running, she was revered worldwide for her grace, generosity and humility.

Finally! Someone who knows what they're talking about! I knew someone had to have the real answer of this mystery runner.

Thanks for sharing that, Kari! All kidding and storytelling aside that's a pretty amazing accomplishment. Not to mention her legacy of character.

Finally! Someone who knows what they're talking about! I knew someone had to have the real answer of this mystery runner.

Thanks for sharing that, Kari! All kidding and storytelling aside that's a pretty amazing accomplishment. Not to mention her legacy of character.
Oh, sure you take her word for it, but not my story. I see how it is.

Very interesting read. :) I wonder what it's like now? I did notice Sierra Leone wasn't mentioned.

I noticed that too.... But... dated, so.... :confused3

Yeah, I don't think I'm going to lug one around, especially while trying to handle a wine glass and food. ;)

Valid point. ::yes::

***Disclaimer: This may change tomorrow. I can be moody.***

:rotfl:

9. Italy- Booooring.

10. Canada- Nice movie and a great filet, pretty gardens, but not much else

Not because I live there, but because I'm curious. If Italy is nothing but "Booooring" and Canada has all that you mention, then why is it ranked lower?

Wait... nevermind. I got it. The cute Italian waiters of course.

Not because I live there, but because I'm curious. If Italy is nothing but "Booooring" and Canada has all that you mention, then why is it ranked lower?

Wait... nevermind. I got it. The cute Italian waiters of course.

YOu have a good point, but.... as far as my girls are concerned, the rankings would have looked drastically different. For that exact reason.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts