The ABC's of Sauntering Through WDW- J is for: Just Like That, It's Judiciously Ended! (4/23)

All caught up, thanks for the link Leisa and hi to English Rose and Glennbo -- what a fun time at the DC Dis-meet !!
Re: FOOD -- we've each got our list as well. Rob, formerly MyPalPluto, had 19 items on his ... As for Morimoto, we've been 2x, Rob had the BuriBop done table side and still talks about it 2 years later! You MUST get the ribs!! I don't EVER order ribs, ever, and I dream of those!!!
20160920_175621-jpg.350893

Hi @glennbo123 and @englishrose47 from Jamie!

19 items?! That's unbelievable!! In a good (and delicious way!)

I keep hearing yummy reports of the BuriBap Bowl. How fun! The whole place just looks so nice and I can't wait!

Those absolutely do look incredibly delicious! WoW!

Hi Thumper!

I swear I'm going to get to your report! Tomorrow maybe even. It's my last real day off before my trip and I have a ton of stuff that I need to get done, but I will get to yours and everyone else's threads that I'm on just as quickly as I can. :)

I have been longing for this brunch for years. I've enjoyed both of Joshes write up about over at EasyWDW. I appreciated his break down for the costs. Though I love Bloody MAry's my stomache would neeed room for all that luscious food.

I'll need to look that one up. I've read a few and all give it rave reviews. I agree BMs are good, er wait, that sounds just wrong! Eh hem... Bloody Mary's are good, great even, but with all that food, I doubt I'll have room for a drink that's mostly food.

We ate Morimotto's on our Dec trip and loved the Peking Duck you can read about it in my TR linked in my siggy.
I'd love to try the Octopus Appy at Tiffins.

I'll read that review too when I get there! Love me a good food review! Su-Lynn has also recommended the octopus appy there and I'm seriously considering it.

Alright, that's all I can muster. I'm officially an old fart and am headed to bed at 9:00. Pathetic. :sad2:

Busy "day off" tomorrow, but will get to the rest of your comments and replies, as well as hit up your threads, when I pick it up then.

Nighty night.

Love the window decorations you've created so far. I think the lights on the sill and the fall sign is going to look really nice. I know I'd definitely stop and admire it if I were walking past the room.

The Oktoberfest event looked like it was a lot of fun. (And pretty authentic.) The season's just about to wind up over here, and it's a fun atmosphere to be around. The hype, shops selling outfits, booking tents, etc. Not the actual late night madness that can ensue at those events.

Thanks! I'm pretty excited about it myself- especially the new ones and Tiffins. :)

So, you were at Plaza yesterday then. How was it this time around? I LOVE that Citricos now has yet another thumbs up from someone. I will specifically ask for Rony or Christine there. :)

I did know that as you've written about AP more than once and always love it. I hope your last dinner there was a memorable one. :hug:

I love hanging out at the pool, but not all day. By dinner I'd be more than antsy to get moving again to find some good food. If you did a pool day, left at 4:30 for a 5:15 seating you could easily make it back to Yehaa Bob's by 8:30- although you may want to get there a tad earlier to get a seat.
Well, after much careful deliberation (meaning I checked their menus to see what would appeal to everyone), I booked Maria & Enzo's and then we'll head over for Yehaa Bob's. I figure we'll get there around 7 or 7:30 and hopefully snag some seats and then I'll let the girls go shop or check out the resort while I (most likely) do some DIS time.

I am pretty sure I only said: "I am very thirsty". And I really was soooooooooo thirsty!

Most people are. And we offer something to drink almost immediately after someone is safely able to swallow- for 2 reasons. 1) They haven't had anything to drink for usually more than 12 hours so are in indeed incredibly thirsty, despite an infusion of a liter or more of IV fluids, and 2) We want people to get to a point of being able to take their oral pain medications as soon as possible so they need to have a drink to do that. So your being thirsty doesn't surprise me at all.

The decorations all sound fabulous! And those lights will be nice to have inside the room as well.

I want the festive atmosphere to linger a bit. :)

Yay! This reminds me of one of the "Fake English" words we have in German. Germans like to use English terms for certain things that are not the correct terms. For example we say "handy" for a mobile phone. But because it sounds English, Germans will not realize that they have to translate that English sounding word into English. A German might tell you that you should call him on his handy. Another popular example is "public viewing". And the one that came into mind here is: "body bag".

That's funny!! The Kazakhs do that as well with both English AND Russian words. For example, we used to call (here in the States) our cell phones a "Mobile phone" (I personally don't hear that a lot anymore here in Oregon; perhaps it's different in other parts of the US?) but in Kstan, they still call it a "MOE-BEE-LAY". They don't realize you pronounce it nothing like that even if we did use it still. (We pronounce it "MOE-BIL" with emphasis on the 1st syllable.)

I was wondering a bit as I was expecting Oktoberfest events!!

It was a lot of fun!

Yes, that looks more like it! And I approve of the tables and benches, those are the real ones! Not the fake chairs they have at Biergarten in Epcot!

I was pretty surprised at the chairs at EPCOT too- the tables and benches are pretty "trademark" for an authentic Oktoberfest, but I guess at Disney it would freak too many people out to have others in their personal space. That mixing is part of it! Just having a good time singing and laughing with total strangers. I love how it fosters good will and community and I think the benches serve that purpose pretty well. Just my two cents.

@Chrystmasangel truly is an angel. Those are spectacular!!

Yes! She is!! And I'll bet pretty busy with school right about now.

:rotfl:

I don't remember/haven't been told of any funny things I said coming out after my surgery. But I DID say some ridiculous things on fentanyl after the fact, including that there were dinosaurs on my ceiling.

We give Fentanyl all day long. Dozens of doses. (not to one pt. but collectively. LOL!) Often though we see people in too much pain to say funny things on that- it's more coming off the Propofol or off the gasses that we hear the nonsense. I have seen people say things that make it obvious they're hallucinating, but hahahaha! never dinosaurs on the ceiling.

:laughing::laughing:

But in all seriousness, nice!! Sounds like a great lens purchase.

I did! I really like it so far. :) I love that I can take it on the Safari now in AK and only have to lug around one lens!!

Feel better soon!!

:scared1::scared1::scared1::scared1::scared1::scared1::scared1::scared1::scared1::scared1::scared1::scared1::scared1::scared1::scared1:

Get well soon!! I am so sorry that you ended up with a cold. I guess your to do list will be shortened now. Hope you are "healthy like a tennis shoe" (German saying) in time before your trip. Sending some dancing bananas in the meantime to cheer you up! :banana::banana::banana::banana:

Thanks, Ladies. My throat is still scratchy and I have annoying amounts of goo, but feeling better than I did in general over the weekend.

Today is my last day off before I leave on Monday night for the airport, so I gotta GET STUFF DONE!

WC is for We're closer, but I wish we weren't (or wish yours was closer as well)...still bummed we're going to miss by just a few days. :sad2:

Great photos per usual...sccrrtch

Does that remind you of a broken record, because seems like I'm saying the same thing over and over. ;)

This is my favorite pic though just because I'm dreaming of Biergarten at EPCOT, but won't be going there this time. ;) Decide against buffets (for the most part) since PR ate like a bird in February. Of course, now I'm not doing buffets, she'll probably eat like crazy. I really hate Murphy.

Thanks, Doc! :) I'm having fun working with my new lens and learning its nuances.

Been years since I"ve been there! It was fun but there are loads of other places I want to try before hitting that one up again. Still making my way around WS! LOL! And yes, my reluctance is the "buffet factor". Although making an exception for the Cali Brunch. You'll have to let us know if she decides to eat now that you've foregone one of your faves due to her. :)

You can keep the saurerkraut, but I'll take the sausages. Wait, no picture??? Okay, I take back my comment about great pictures if you left the most important one out. :lmao:

LOL!!!! Sorry!! By the time I realized I had forgotten, I'd 1) Gotten a hefe onboard and 2) eaten most of it.

Okay, now we can truly say "That's what she said". :rotfl2:

:rolleyes1

I cannot "like" this post.
I'm sorry Liesa. Hope you get feeling better soon.

It's not bad today, but not totally gone either. I'm sure by Monday I'll be right as rain.

Look. If you're going to be dissing yourself, then why are we here????

Hmm, well now. You have a very good point.

:laughing: What did you say?

Coke or Pepsi?

This is actually reasonable. Why don't you have chicken pot pie???

We do have frozen dinners of fettucini alfredo, but those are for the overnight stay patients. So, if you want to pony up the extra $600-$700 you would be certainly welcome to one. ;)

Good for you! Now we can expect even more of your excellent photography. :)

We will see.....

Heh. Someone has a sense of humour.

I giggled. Been a long time since I've seen any of them.

This does not surprise me.

A "63 it was not.

Darn. At work. Can't see the vid.

It'll still be there. Although you may not even remember it's there after your trip.

Sorry to hear that. Hopefully you'll be over it by the time you leave.

Me too!!

Somebody showed me those pictures. It seems the animals were enjoying a great time too! (well, the Heffalump's anyway!)

Definitely a party in the elephant yard. ;)

This picture reminds me of an interesting story. Now, what WAS that again...……… :scratchin

Hate we're going to miss you by just a few days...………. :sad1:

It was my unbirthday "accidentally" being celebrated as my birthday. You 3 knuckleheads. :rotfl:

see @pkondz size does matter.

:rotfl2:

Oh hope your feeling better very soon.

Thanks, Thumper!! I'm feeling a bit better each day, and should be feeling as good as new by Monday.

I knew it!!!

:laughing:

Finally catching up after a couple of crazy weeks!

Mine have been the same- today is catch up day!

Whoever keeps trying to poison it by sneaking kale into recipes.

Kale is great!

Me too. Never eaten at Artist Point, but you need variety. They didn't need yet another character meal.

Correct. There's a veritable glut!

I really liked Homecomin', but I'm guessing the menu there isn't exotic enough to make you look twice.

Not really. There are loads of great breakfast places around here and the food look pretty heavy and as you say... kinda less than exotic.

We just tried Plaza for the first time this summer. Not bad.

... but not great?

I'm guessing I won't be in there after 10:00 p.m. :p

I think at the very least it's going to be fabulously themed in terms of decor. Excited about that!! I miss heavy theming (the kind that leaves you to make your OWN story?) at Disney since this new (overly ubiquitous) franchise theming.

I know @docsoliday1 fell in love with that one as well.

Everyone I know seems to love it. @chunkymonkey and many others as well.

No way! That's so cool!!

And now it turns out I can't fly again until after my trip. The Cessna won't be online until today and by the time I could get back to call them to re-schedule all the slots were full. It's a race against weather at this point. Not a lot of VFR flying happens in Oregon from October- May.

Cool. It's nice not to have to trade out lenses all the time. Although I find really like to shoot at the 18mm end--as wide as possible.

Oh don't get me wrong. I still have my ultra wide lens and did a hefty amount of 18mm end shooting last Saturday. I'm not going crazy on the long end of things. Although, I'm pretty excited to not have to lug around 2 lenses for AK so I can shoot the Safari.

It's Finn McMissile!

Never seen Cars 2. And actually had to look that up. LOL!

Yay pkondz! Always nice to have friends who know photoshop.

YES!! I'm pretty happy with LR for touching up my work, but it doesn't remove or add stuff like PS does. I"m way too cheap to buy it.

I think it's a secret plot hatched by the Russians or Chinese. :rotfl2:

:lmao:

I don't think we did either, but agreed...enough character meals with substandard fare.

YES!!!!

We had an ADR there, but then I switched our MK day to HS since we'll be at MK for MNSSHP. So, now Mama Melrose's with fantasmic package instead.

Mama's used to get horrible reviews, but not lately. Maybe the tide is changing. For Italian I think I'd still choose Tutto or maybe Trattoria, over Mama's though.

::yes:: Good food, good service, good atmosphere. What's not to like? ;)
It ain't cheap, but considering what you get, well worth it.

But it's not outrageous either. Totally worth the mid-range pricing.

Most people are. And we offer something to drink almost immediately after someone is safely able to swallow- for 2 reasons. 1) They haven't had anything to drink for usually more than 12 hours so are in indeed incredibly thirsty, despite an infusion of a liter or more of IV fluids, and 2) We want people to get to a point of being able to take their oral pain medications as soon as possible so they need to have a drink to do that. So your being thirsty doesn't surprise me at all.

Interesting timing that this came up in your thread, because I just did my first adult dysphagia observation at the hospital here yesterday as part of my speech-language pathology program. A lot of the people we saw were NPO and feeling very thirsty/hungry, but had swallowing disorders for various reasons. They did modified barium swallows with a lot of them to check whether they could swallow various textures without aspirating, and I thought one poor person was going to eat the whole cup of the apple sauce/barium paste mixture before they could be stopped. They were like, "I haven't eaten since Saturday!!"

We give Fentanyl all day long. Dozens of doses. (not to one pt. but collectively. LOL!) Often though we see people in too much pain to say funny things on that- it's more coming off the Propofol or off the gasses that we hear the nonsense. I have seen people say things that make it obvious they're hallucinating, but hahahaha! never dinosaurs on the ceiling.

Interestingly, they rarely give Fentanyl on our side of the border. Lots and LOTS of morphine up here. But morphine/codeine/etc. don't agree with me well. (I mean...does morphine really agree with anyone??) And my neurosurgery was in Milwaukee. So it ended up being fentanyl!! Recently we've had a lot of fentanyl-related deaths from overdose in Canada, so every time I hear something about it I always think about the awesome nurses who had me on their caseload and how well-monitored my drug doses were, all with me barely aware of it.

Thanks, Ladies. My throat is still scratchy and I have annoying amounts of goo, but feeling better than I did in general over the weekend.

Sounds like you're moving in the right direction! Good news!

Those are nice, Irene! Flower setting? Close up?

Thanks! I think it is called something like "Selective Focus," and you have to be within 20" of something that you want to focus on. And you can't zoom while on that setting.

Those are quite lovely, Irene! Looks like you got to see a lot of really nice flowers on your outing.

Thanks! Yes, there are always lots of great flowers at the Botanic Gardens. I'm usually too busy in my own garden on nice days in spring and summer, so I hardly ever get there before September!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!