The actual restart date will be....(according to us)...Poll!

We are really cruising in __________now!

• November 2020

• December 2020

• January 2021

• February 2021

• March 2021

• April 2021

• May 2021

• Summer 2021 June-Aug

• Fall 2021 Sept-

Results are only viewable after voting.
Looks like the majority agreed with you. January seems reasonable for at least one ship to get going.

I hope so. I also have a Marvel Day at Sea on the Magic scheduled for January 9th!

...And a Star Wars on the Fantasy at the end of February, then the EBTA in May, and a Halloween on the High Seas on the Wonder that sails on 10/31... We've been chasing Platinum since November of 2019, but they're not making it easy.

Every time there's a new cancellation we say "Let it Ride!"

Looks like the majority agreed with you. January seems reasonable for at least one ship to get going.
Actually 62.5% currently say the first cruise will be February 2021 or later.

...., I don't think DCL would be spending the money right now to dry dock 3 ships in France and have them spruced up if they thought they weren't cruising again until 2022.
I thought only the Wonder in the Fantasy we’re getting redone in France right now and that the Magic took off almost right away?

I thought only the Wonder in the Fantasy we’re getting redone in France right now and that the Magic took off almost right away?
Dream and Fantasy are in France right now for dry dock. Magic was supposed to go to Spain but since the concierge expansion is on hold, rumour is she is going back to France at some point for dry dock and that the Wonder is heading over the end of this month for dry dock.

Dream and Fantasy are in France right now for dry dock. Magic was supposed to go to Spain but since the concierge expansion is on hold, rumour is she is going back to France at some point for dry dock and that the Wonder is heading over the end of this month for dry dock.
And let’s be honest, some of that work is probably COVID retrofitting. Plexiglass, automatic doors, etc.

And let’s be honest, some of that work is probably COVID retrofitting. Plexiglass, automatic doors, etc.

Which makes me hopeful that they plan to sail with or without a vaccine. If they're waiting on a Covid vaccine prior to resuming operations, then no need for Covid retrofitting.

Which makes me hopeful that they plan to sail with or without a vaccine. If they're waiting on a Covid vaccine prior to resuming operations, then no need for Covid retrofitting.
Covid will and has mutated so we will never be Covid free anymore than we can ever be measles, cold, and flu free. Maybe will see a little more privacy at dinner in the future. Mask wearing will eventually become optional, but recommended at movie theaters and concerts. It will seem like it’s gone once the hospitals can handle the trickle in of cases, instead of the slew of cases they must handle now. Hospitals will get a infectious disease wing. Who knows maybe cruise lines will too?
Maybe they’ll be able to eradicate neurovirus with the retro fittings. Cruise companies are gonna wanna show that they’re ready for the next pandemic so that they don’t get shut down again by CDC. I think what they change we will probably like.

Oh man, people woke up this morning with their Nov and Dec reservations gone from the DCL system. Guess we'll get an update today.

I believe how they retrofit for Covid will depend on what changes they see as befeficial long term and what they see as temporary measures.

No reason to reconfigure dining rooms if you eventually plan to go back to full capacity. Just seat people further apart like they do on land. Plexiglass at customer service and store counters is probably a given... not that expensive and easy to remove later if it is deemed safe practice. Heck, at some point plexiglass just becomes another surface to collect germs.

The biggest question will be buffets. Will they reconfigure those? Probably somewhat. I think they will not be self-serve for any time in the foreseeable future. So there may be some minimal reconfigurations.

But my guess is that money will be they will spend money on things like extra hand washing stations. And they will probably put hand sanitizer near all elevators. Those would be welcomed even without Covid. They will do what they must to operate otherwise. There is no point of spending money that will hurt the bottoms line in the long run, so do not expect theater seats removed for example.

Right now, cruise lines want to cruise. They will reduce capacities at first, but my best guess is they will eventually want those ships full again. So blocking seats off is a much more efficient way of achieving bigger goals of sailing sooner and safer and eventually getting back to capacity than removing them would be.

I also think they may spend the time replacing soft goods...especially in any area that was affected by Covid. Finally, I believe they will have to spend some time and money reconfiguring crew quarters which may mean some rooms are repurposed from passenger to crew permanently reducing overall capacity. They will need crew to feel safe to come aboard, and they need to maintain a healthy crew for the rest of us to want to sail.

I guess Canadians won't be escaping the cold this Winter.
As a Canadian I can still fly OUT of the country to most destinations, but I can't use the land border crossing. Also upon return we have a very strict 14 day mandatory quarantine with stiff penalties if you do not obey. Also it's b.s. that 90% of Canadians want the border kept closed indefinitely, I'd love to know who they polled because it wasn't anyone I know ;) I would like to see our border reopened by the end of this year.

I guess Canadians won't be escaping the cold this Winter.
LOL. One of my cousins to moving back to Calgary after 15 years working in Dubai. He is NOT looking forward to the cold.

LOL. One of my cousins to moving back to Calgary after 15 years working in Dubai. He is NOT looking forward to the cold.
Brrrrr. I'm happy to live on the west coast of BC where our temps (for the most part) stay pretty mild. I hate snow 😬

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter