The army can bite me

lovemygoofy

DIS Veteran
I am sooo sick of "today is the day...oh wait, I guess it won't be" We've been playing this game for the last week and half now. I get up thinking today is the day I have to send Matt away. No, it's not? The schedule changed again? My goodness how many years has the army been doing this and still can't it right?!!?!?

I know I'm supposed to be greatful that I have the extra days with him and I am greatful but the stress just leading up to leaving is crazy. The bags are by the door and then back in the closet. So I ask, well what about the holiday fast approaching? The answer: be flexible, anything is possible. My answer: the army can bit me!!

Tina im soo sorry-but im sitting here laughing my head off-you see-i know how you feel-ive said so-loudly and in several venues-often of late. Some days i am soooo done you could stick a fork in me. But, rest assured-your far from alone-:hug:
Hang in there girl-you know you can do this-one more time.

Hi chicky, I know you know how I feel. I'm just so tired of the chain yanking and the crazy families who apparently don't know what to do during the deployment so they get into trouble. And you know how it is, it just goes on and on and on.

Seriously though, after how many years and the army still can't get it right?!?! It never fails the plane breaks down on it's way there or back. Last deployment the plane got there and after getting their stuff and loading up on the busses to move to their camps in Kuwait, the busses collide. Are you kidding me? I was laughing but gee do you get a purple heart from a broken leg from two busses colliding?

I told Matt the other day that it was all on my last nerve and if the army didn't send him off soon, I'd pay for the plane ticket;) needless to say he gave me sometime and some $$ for a pedicure to make myself feel better. Such a good husband:rotfl:

Ah, my favorite army motto, "Hurry Up and Wait". When my DH and I were dating, I was planning on visiting him in Germany for Christmas of 1996. In the beginnining of Dec, he found that he was going to be deployed in the first wave in Bosnia. We moved everything up so I could spend some time with him before he left. Within days of getting there, they line all the guys up and tell them that the orders have been cancelled. They are not going to Bosnia. So, of course, I change my airline tickets to stay through Christmas and New years. New Years Eve in Paris, wonderful right? UH, NO. 3 days later, they all get lined back up and informed that orders are now back on and they are leaving Christmas Eve. Seriously? Yeah, I had to change airline tickets a second timet to now try to get home for Christmas. Of course, he was gone longer than they said and made it home for our wedding 3 DAYS before the wedding. That was my first initiation into Army life. I have many many stories like that one. Well, the moral to our story, my DH switched to the Air Force. It really is a different world.
My thoughts are with you. I am like you. I would rather just get it done than have to deal with the anticipation of him leaving for too long. Here's praying that the Army makes a decision soon and sticks to it.

I feel for you, I know how the last few days before a deployment are... it gets very stressful. And to be told this is the day and have to wait over and over... it really STINKS!

My hubby was AF (active duty) and is now active Air National Guard... it isn't perfect here, things are always changing! But usually not by to much.

It's so much easier to know at least the date, even if the time changes, but to have to get yourself ready for it over and over is hard!

At least your hubby's bags get put away... we would just leave them out here, because as soon as we put them away... that is when he would have to leave!:rotfl:

I hate that!!!

DH deployed in the morning then, DH called me in the afternoon and said guess what--something broke!! We have to turn around and come back to the island BUT we can't get off and they aren't allowing anyone on the pier. ***??? That's torture!!

Then he calls me about 3 hrs later and says--nevermind, we are heading out.

Freakin' military!!

It's the good old military motto Hurry Up & Wait :sad2:
:grouphug:

I know exactly how you feel. I have been through this military stuff my whole life...I have been military my entire life. And actually my DH just told me last night that they are going to deploy him next month. :thumbsup2

Best part is that we wanted him to go earlier so we could have the summertime together. (my girls visit their real dad in the summertime) :rolleyes1 So I am preparing myself for another deployment...or atleast mentally trying to prepare. Looks like he will be out processing as soon as we come home from Disney. :cool2:

He'll probably have to go back to work as soon as we get back into town instead of taking the extra 5 days off he has leave for...but we are looking forward to getting this deployment off the books for 2008. :banana:

I love to have him home with me. He's so wonderful. But I also like all the extra cash he brings in when he's gone. :banana: Because we usually take a few vacations when he comes home. So its always good to have something to countdown too. :woohoo: And I am thinking that a nice trip to the Bahama's or Hawaii is looking really good about now!!!:banana:

Good Luck to you while you wait...its super annoying when they keep you in limbo like that. I just tell my DH to tell me when he's actually doing something...because I don't have the time to be jerked around. Its just to hard on me.

Oh well...guess I will just get back to planning my Future Disney Trip...and my Future Tropical Vacation!!!:cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2:

May God Bless you in your time of need*

That really stinks. I hope they send him off soon so you can start counting down to homecoming.

Ugh. This deployment, DH managed to leave on the first shot. Last one, he left 5 times in 4 days. The last time our goodbye was more of a "see you in a few hours". When I realized he actually left, it was almost a surprise! I am so sorry you're going through this.

Seriously though, after how many years and the army still can't get it right?!?! It never fails the plane breaks down on it's way there or back. Last deployment the plane got there and after getting their stuff and loading up on the busses to move to their camps in Kuwait, the busses collide. Are you kidding me? I was laughing but gee do you get a purple heart from a broken leg from two busses colliding?

I told Matt the other day that it was all on my last nerve and if the army didn't send him off soon, I'd pay for the plane ticket;) needless to say he gave me sometime and some $$ for a pedicure to make myself feel better. Such a good husband:rotfl:

EVERY TIME! How is this possible!? Dh will call and I'll say "Lemme guess, the plane is broken.":rolleyes:
I hear you about never knowing what day things are ACTUALLY going to happen.:confused3 Ugh.

Ah, my favorite army motto, "Hurry Up and Wait".

Yep. It is for us in the AirForce too. I don't know what AirForce you guys are in now. It mustn't be ours.;) :rotfl:

It never fails the plane breaks down on it's way there or back.

Well, duh, that's all the Air Force is good for. :rotfl: This year, DH's plane broke in Hawaii. And not only his, but several of the planes he was supposed to refuel, so even if his was good, they wouldn't have left. Hawaii, of course. He managed not to break a plane when he was in Oklahoma. Gee.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter