The Bachelor — Pilot Pete

robinb

DIS veteran
I skipped last season because I hated Hannah B. I know absolutely nothing about Pilot Pete, except the women mentioned that he had sex with Hannah B. 4 times in a windmill :oops:. Other than that, he’s pretty cute and he seems pretty natural with all the women.

Who’s in?

Last edited:
I'm in! I didn't mind Hannah B last season, and I don't blame her for showing up this season. Its producer driven, of course, and she even has contractual obligations for some of this. That said, I do think there are still feelings between Peter and Hannah - more so than we have seen in the past, but that's likely because Hannah's season ended with her being single.

So far, I like Kelley. Not sure how old she is, but I do see some maturity in her over people like Hannah Ann and Madison. She also has an established career, like Peter. I thought Madison is very cute and genuinely a nice person, but boy is her age showing. She says "like" every other word, and her intro package was about her high school glory days that she's not too far removed from. Sometimes it would be nice if the contestants skewed a little older, which would give them better odds of lasting in the long run.

My DD and I watched last night and kept laughing at the ladies. Crying because they didn't get face time with Peter. Ooh, "I'm 22 years old and will never find anyone..." Those were the types of comments we were making.

Why do these "girls" think that being crude is going to get them noticed? Does that speak to the producers telling them what to say or does it speak to the immaturity of men? (That is a tongue in cheek question.)

Maybe I'm wrong, but don't people want to mess around with a bad girl/boy, but marry a nice man/woman? Why set yourself up to be a bad girl from the onset?

I loved Madison's pink dress that she wore at the vow renewal.

I didn’t think I’d be interested, but I’m in. There was more than one instance that I thought that Pete looked or reminded me of Nick V which was annoying. Pete is much cuter and more likable, but I guess it was the camera angle or something.

I’m also upset that Hannah B. seems to be back. She dumped you and now you have all these women in front of you. Get over it and move on I say. If the chemistry was so great why did she pick someone else in the first place, and if she had second thoughts afterward, why wait until you become the Bachelor to announce your feelings? Shows how immature she is.

I didn’t think I’d be interested, but I’m in. There was more than one instance that I thought that Pete looked or reminded me of Nick V which was annoying. Pete is much cuter and more likable, but I guess it was the camera angle or something.

I’m also upset that Hannah B. seems to be back. She dumped you and now you have all these women in front of you. Get over it and move on I say. If the chemistry was so great why did she pick someone else in the first place, and if she had second thoughts afterward, why wait until you become the Bachelor to announce your feelings? Shows how immature she is.

You do realize that between the "After the Final Rose" and the beginning of the filming of the Bachelor only a couple of months (at MOST) had elapsed, right? It all happens pretty fast between Bachelorette and Bachelor "in the real world" even though it's far longer in TV time.

You do realize that between the "After the Final Rose" and the beginning of the filming of the Bachelor only a couple of months (at MOST) had elapsed, right? It all happens pretty fast between Bachelorette and Bachelor "in the real world" even though it's far longer in TV time.
My point being that she chose someone else and had enough time to start and end a relationship before figuring out that she maybe still had feelings for him. She’s indecisive. If he’s the Bachelor and supposedly “over her, and ready to move on” move on. There are lots of eligible woman in that house. Why go back now?

And I meant she should have contacted him outside of the show at whatever point it was. Would she still be with the other guy if he didn’t have a girlfriend (or whatever his story was)? I just think he should tell her to stand back and wait to see if he finds someone on the show. If not, maybe they get together later.

My point being that she chose someone else and had enough time to start and end a relationship before figuring out that she maybe still had feelings for him. She’s indecisive. If he’s the Bachelor and supposedly “over her, and ready to move on” move on. There are lots of eligible woman in that house. Why go back now?

And I meant she should have contacted him outside of the show at whatever point it was. Would she still be with the other guy if he didn’t have a girlfriend (or whatever his story was)? I just think he should tell her to stand back and wait to see if he finds someone on the show. If not, maybe they get together later.

I like Hannah B, so I may be bias, but Jed messed her up. She was blinded by love so I think it rocked her when she found out he's a liar. She chose a man and got engaged to him, and he turned out to be completely different. So naturally, this made her second guess everything and all the decisions she made. She was really questioning her own judgment. She said on this past Monday's episode that she asked Tyler out because Tyler had been in contact with her after the Jed situation happened, and she hadn't spoken to Peter at all before ATFR. She assumed his door was closed and he was moving on with aspirations of being the Bachelor. So, I guess I just don't blame either of them for having these feelings bubble up, especially seeing Peter in this role and knowing what could have been between them.

I like Hannah B, so I may be bias, but Jed messed her up. She was blinded by love so I think it rocked her when she found out he's a liar. She chose a man and got engaged to him, and he turned out to be completely different. So naturally, this made her second guess everything and all the decisions she made. She was really questioning her own judgment. She said on this past Monday's episode that she asked Tyler out because Tyler had been in contact with her after the Jed situation happened, and she hadn't spoken to Peter at all before ATFR. She assumed his door was closed and he was moving on with aspirations of being the Bachelor. So, I guess I just don't blame either of them for having these feelings bubble up, especially seeing Peter in this role and knowing what could have been between them.
Well, the storyline will certainly make for good drama TV. popcorn::I like some of the other girls and hope they get a chance. I’m sucked in.

I also got a Nick V vibe from him (but I liked Nick). I think it comes from his focus on the women. I think that Nick always made the women feel that they had 100% of his attention and Pete does the same thing.

That immaturity is exactly why I didn't watch her season.

My DD and I watched last night and kept laughing at the ladies. Crying because they didn't get face time with Peter. Ooh, "I'm 22 years old and will never find anyone..." Those were the types of comments we were making.

Why do these "girls" think that being crude is going to get them noticed? Does that speak to the producers telling them what to say or does it speak to the immaturity of men? (That is a tongue in cheek question.)
I cringed at the "dry sense of humor" comment one of the Victoria F made (probably at the insistence of the producers). She realized that she came off skanky and fast and tried to rectify things. He kept her around and I'm looking forward to seeing more of her attempting more damage control.

My favorites so far are Eunice (the woman with the wings, although she's really young), Madison and Alexa (she's super cute).

And ... while trying to refresh myself on the contestants, I just got spoiled! I *though* Marie Claire would be safe with an article titled "Who are Peter Weber's 'The Bachelor' Contestants?" There was a smallish spoiler alert, but I skipped right over it as it looked like a caption for the top photo. I was annoyed that they commented that one of the contestants was an F2. *sigh* Thanks a lot Marie Claire.

So the Final Four are Madison, Hannah Ann, Kelsey and Victoria F. Here are my thoughts on them ...

Madison -- She seems like a really nice girl, but she's only 23 and it shows. Her maturity level matches her age. I was a bit surprised that Peter kept her since he seemed somewhat uncomfortable when she said that she was very religious. He seemed to tap dance around answering her and then when he did it was pretty wishy-washy. I see HER as ready for marriage but I don't think Peter will be the faith-forward husband that she wants and needs.

Hannah Ann -- She is adorable and reminds me a lot of my 21 year old niece. Again, she's very young. I'm glad that she settled down a bit after a bumpy start of the season. I don't think she's ready to settle down.

Kelsey -- OMG, she is a freaking train wreck. I'm sure a big part of it is editing but she seems to cry her eyes out every single episode. And "Champagne Gate"? I would have been peeved too, but I would not have kept on harping on it.

Victoria F -- I felt really bad about the producer induced drama of the Chase Rice concert and I liked her until I just read about her previous modeling gig. She can go anytime as far as I'm concerned.

This does not bode well for a Bachelorette season if they choose from the final 4. Victoria F is toast, Kelsey is an immature crybaby, Madison is too specific to date more than 25 guys and Hannah Ann is too immature and not ready. I really liked the two women Peter sent home much more! They are older, more mature and settled on who there are so I that's why I would like to see either Natasha or Kelley in the Bachelorette role. I would not waste my time with the other girls (and I use that word intentionally).

Madison -- She seems like a really nice girl, but she's only 23 and it shows. Her maturity level matches her age. I was a bit surprised that Peter kept her since he seemed somewhat uncomfortable when she said that she was very religious. He seemed to tap dance around answering her and then when he did it was pretty wishy-washy. I see HER as ready for marriage but I don't think Peter will be the faith-forward husband that she wants and needs.
I agree - Peter and her are not on the same page in terms of faith and that will forever be a bone of contention if he chooses her. If you saw the previews they showed last week, she also drops the bomb that she's saving herself for marriage, so I'm not sure why she thinks she is compatible with Mr. Four Times in a Windmill. All of this said, I was quite surprised that she was the first one Peter said "I'm falling in love with you" to. I didn't see that level of a connection, but its noteworthy for him to say that to her and only her at this point. Peter has also said in recent interviews that he's known who his final choice will be since week 4. Hmmm.

Hannah Ann -- She is adorable and reminds me a lot of my 21 year old niece. Again, she's very young. I'm glad that she settled down a bit after a bumpy start of the season. I don't think she's ready to settle down.
I think Hannah Ann is caught up in the Bachelor bubble. I think she likes the idea of gaining Instagram followers, living the influencer lifestyle, and having some quasi-fame for a while. She might think she's falling for Peter, but I think she's falling for the lifestyle that comes with "winning" the Bachelor. She is also good friends with Hannah G from Colton's season, so she's seen what comes after the show first hand. There have also been fan "theories" out there about Hannah Ann based on her recent Instagram postings, with people surmising she either won or is trolling people that she won because she keeps dropping subtle/intentional posts that keep people talking about her. So if she didn't win, her troll postings align with her wanting the fame that comes along with this show.

Kelsey -- OMG, she is a freaking train wreck. I'm sure a big part of it is editing but she seems to cry her eyes out every single episode. And "Champagne Gate"? I would have been peeved too, but I would not have kept on harping on it.
I've read where a lot of people can see her being the Bachelorette if she doesn't win. She's had a bit of a redemption arc over the last couple of episodes, she has a dramatic family life, she's from middle America, seems to comply with producers, and she's also a blonde and we haven't had a blonde Bachelorette in some time. Personally, I think Kelsey lacks personality and she seems too emotional. I think her and Peter have the least spark of the remaining women.

Victoria F -- I felt really bad about the producer induced drama of the Chase Rice concert and I liked her until I just read about her previous modeling gig. She can go anytime as far as I'm concerned.
I agree completely! She also lacks personality, and even though she's physically attractive, I'm not sure what else Peter sees in her. She's also combative and she's the only one Peter has "argued" with more than once.

I’d like to see Kelley as the next Bachlorette.
Agree! It would be nice to have a mature Bachelorette that seems sure in her convictions and knows what she wants. Peter said in an interview he could see Kelley being the next Bachelorette too. I have read rumors of Hannah B getting another shot at Bachelorette, which would not surprise me. She's been the most popular Bachelorette in recent years and she won Dancing with the Stars which only increased her popularity. And notably, she is not doing the full Dancing with the Stars tour, even though she won. She hasn't announced anything else she has going on either, so I thought it was peculiar she wouldn't do more dates. People would also like seeing her succeed at finding love after Jed ruined her whole experience last time.

That would be quite interesting to have the same Bachelorette in back to back seasons. Interesting. On this season, I think NONE of the remaining 4 contestants are going to be "right" for Peter. My guess is that if there IS an "engagement", it won't last long. (Like the vast majority of other Bachelors...so nothing new there). Peter is kind of a hot mess himself.

Gotta agree. I don't see any of the final four being a decent Bachelorette. And I have no desire to watch any of them. The two are too young, and the other two are too crazy. There were none that I wanted to see more of. Although, I didn't really like Hanna B until the last few episodes of what's his name's season, and ended up loving how she ran her Bachelorette season. After how much Peter let the drama play out among the women, I've lost a lot of respect for him.

I don't understand why Peter kept Victoria F around - she is a hot mess, and they don't even seem to connect! That one makes me think that the producers have pushed him to keep her. (I watched the first few seasons of Unreal, and man I see the producers manipulation this season way more than ever!). And his 1 on 1 with both Natasha and Kelly looked to be a whole lot more fun than he had with the final four. I could maybe get behind Kelly as Bachelorette, and definitely get behind Natasha (a great sense of humor! hooray!) but I don't see that happening.

Peter has surprised me with his choices. He really seemed like someone who enjoys a full, mature and challenging relationship. And to pick some very young women and some cuckoo ones - dumbfounded.

He seemed truly head over heels with Hannah, so maybe his heart and brain haven't returned.

I wish someone would agree to a viewers pick your arranged marriage format! Laughing. Because so many make such asinine choices.

I don't care for the final four either. I'd like to know who Peter's mother is talking about in the clips where she is telling him to "bring her home" or something to that effect.

On GMA this morning there was talk about Peter and who the final person is. I don't know if it would be a spoiler or not since it was on national tv. Should I post it or not?

I think the GMA “spoiler” is quite funny and don’t believe it for one minute.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter