The bald and the beautiful take on the World! Now a 2018 PTR!

You have the most incredible summer/birthday planned!!! Is it wrong, that you have all these posts about Paris and I only got really excited once you were talking about Disneyland. This is probably because I lived in Paris for a bit in my teens, so it doesn't appeal. But when I think of DLP I soooo need to find an excuse to go back!!!

13 days to go!!!

I think we've decided to eat lunch in Disney Springs on our arrival day instead of going to Ohana for breakfast. As much as I'd love to go to Ohana, I have no idea what time our flight will actually come in and if by chance we can get a room early I'd rather get a nap in.

We'll have breakfast at the hotel, then head to Disney Springs to explore, shop and do some pin trading.

After we have lunch we'll go back to the hotel to swim and then hopefully get naps and showers in before we head to Hollywood studios for the night.

Since this is our first time visiting Disney Springs I have no idea where we should eat? Are there any suggestions, considering we have an 8 and 12 year old? I heard that Planet Hollywood isn't great but their Pimento Grilled Cheese is pretty amazing and I think the kids would enjoy the atmosphere. Thoughts? Suggestions? Snacks? Anything we need to see or do?

My only must-do is to get our Christmas Ornament and a Coffee mug, other than that I'm open.

Last edited:
You have the most incredible summer/birthday planned!!! Is it wrong, that you have all these posts about Paris and I only got really excited once you were talking about Disneyland. This is probably because I lived in Paris for a bit in my teens, so it doesn't appeal. But when I think of DLP I soooo need to find an excuse to go back!!!

That's not wrong.... lol

I'm obviously excited about all of it. It must have been amazing living in Paris! It's honestly a dream come true for me and i'm looking forward to every second of our trip. (especially the Disney parts)

D'luxe Burger in DS is fantastic, it has a great patio too. I would do more of a shop-around to the QS locations like Poutine and Polite Pig too. With dessert from Sprinkles.

OMG just found this and am so JEALOUS!!! This looks amazing! SOOOO excited for you guys, and that extra trip to WDW- eek!! You HAVE TO do a TR after with all the details please!!!!

D'luxe Burger in DS is fantastic, it has a great patio too. I would do more of a shop-around to the QS locations like Poutine and Polite Pig too. With dessert from Sprinkles.

D'luxe Burger sounds amazing.... What about Blaze? Have you ever been there? We got some cupcakes from Sprinkles in Disneyland and we loved it. Mmmmmmmm
OMG just found this and am so JEALOUS!!! This looks amazing! SOOOO excited for you guys, and that extra trip to WDW- eek!! You HAVE TO do a TR after with all the details please!!!!

Hello, hello, hello! :)

Thanks for stopping by, I'm so happy you're here!

I'm super excited and I'd love to share my experience.

12 days to GO!!!!

I haven't left for my trip and I just made reservations for next year. ((I'll do a different PTR when we return from WDW next month))

I made reservations for POR June 7th-15th!

giphy.gif

((We'll be celebrating our 18th wedding anniversary on June 14th))

This might change to Coronado Springs, depending on the construction updates?

We had $361.00 on our Disney Visa Rewards card, so I used it for a nice down-payment!

So excited!!!

July 13th

* Stone Henge
* Hampton Court Palace
* Bath
* Lacock and lunch at the George Inn

upload_2018-6-20_21-56-42.png upload_2018-6-20_21-57-3.png

upload_2018-6-20_21-57-27.pngupload_2018-6-20_21-57-50.png

July 14th

* St Pauls Cathedral
* Leadenhall Market
* Tower of London
* Tower Bridge
* Borough Market for Lunch
* Tate Modern

upload_2018-6-20_21-56-12.png

upload_2018-6-20_21-58-17.png

upload_2018-6-20_22-0-21.png

Just read through your whole report and all I can say is WOW! You have an amazing month coming up! Kinda jealous, I gotta say. :laughing:

Paris is my favorite city in the whole world. I studied abroad there and my husband and I went for my birthday 10 years ago. Your itinerary looks amazing! A word of advice - you have a LOT packed into your days. Paris is huge and a lot of walking...I'd do what you do for Disney and make a list of the "must haves" - get those done first and hit everything else if you have time/energy.

We tried to just do 1-2 major sites per day. Then one day, we decided to hit the Eiffel Tower (3 hours there), walk to Napoleon's Tomb, walk to Military Museum and walk through every.single.exhibit, then walk walk walk some more.

Then we had a fight because we were exhausted and it was cold and raining and my husband got us lost. :rotfl2:

And wear sneakers to Versailles, not flip flops like I did!

Have a great time! Can't wait to read all about your trip(s)! Did I miss what hotel you're staying at for your coming up WDW trip?

Such an exciting trip!!!

We may overlap at WDW next year. We are set for May 31-Jun 8 right now but may change to the 7-15 based on the new crowd calendars that I saw.

Just read through your whole report and all I can say is WOW! You have an amazing month coming up! Kinda jealous, I gotta say. :laughing:

Paris is my favorite city in the whole world. I studied abroad there and my husband and I went for my birthday 10 years ago. Your itinerary looks amazing! A word of advice - you have a LOT packed into your days. Paris is huge and a lot of walking...I'd do what you do for Disney and make a list of the "must haves" - get those done first and hit everything else if you have time/energy.

We tried to just do 1-2 major sites per day. Then one day, we decided to hit the Eiffel Tower (3 hours there), walk to Napoleon's Tomb, walk to Military Museum and walk through every.single.exhibit, then walk walk walk some more.

Then we had a fight because we were exhausted and it was cold and raining and my husband got us lost. :rotfl2:

And wear sneakers to Versailles, not flip flops like I did!

Have a great time! Can't wait to read all about your trip(s)! Did I miss what hotel you're staying at for your coming up WDW trip?

Hello! :)

I agree, we do have a lot packed into each day. I've told myself that I'm not going to get upset if I'm too tired or sore to see ALLLLLLL of these things. Plus with the strikes going on I might not be able to see some of them anyway. I'm exhausted just thinking about how much walking we're going to do. My main goal is to have fun!

That's funny about your fight, sounds exactly like my husband and I.

As much as I'm going to miss my kids, I can only imagine how much they would complain with all the museums and walking they would be doing.

We are staying at POP this trip and Port Orleans Riverside next trip. ((My favorite!!))

I'm so glad you stopped by..... I welcome all the advice I can get.
Such an exciting trip!!!

We may overlap at WDW next year. We are set for May 31-Jun 8 right now but may change to the 7-15 based on the new crowd calendars that I saw.

YAY! So the week of the 7th looks better?

We'll be on our cruise from July 3rd till the 7th.

I am absolutely living vicariously through your Europe trip. I can't wait to see pics. Not long now!!!

Forgot to add, we went on Mariner of the Seas back in '05, when it was pretty new. It's the only cruise I've ever been on but the ship was gorgeous and the service was fantastic! We ate at the steakhouse onboard...not sure if it's still there but it was so good! I think you'll like it anyway!

I think we've decided to eat lunch in Disney Springs on our arrival day instead of going to Ohana for breakfast. As much as I'd love to go to Ohana, I have no idea what time our flight will actually come in and if by chance we can get a room early I'd rather get a nap in.

I think this is a smart decision, arrival day can go so many ways that it is best not to be tied to an ADR.

We liked Blaze Pizza and Earl of Sandwich at Disney Springs.

I feel like there's so much to share with you all, but I've been busy preparing everything.... Packing, tying over odds and ends, shopping for what we need, preparing the kids the best way I can for when they leave for my BFF's house, and packing for the WDW portion of the trip.

We also had a nasty hail storm and I'm dealing with insurance adjusters and yada, yada.

upload_2018-6-25_10-2-23.pngupload_2018-6-25_10-2-46.png

We did have a little fun though. We were able to go to the Denver Comic Con and see Incredibles and Jurassic park!

upload_2018-6-25_10-5-21.png

I am absolutely living vicariously through your Europe trip. I can't wait to see pics. Not long now!!!
I can't wait to share them! ;)

Forgot to add, we went on Mariner of the Seas back in '05, when it was pretty new. It's the only cruise I've ever been on but the ship was gorgeous and the service was fantastic! We ate at the steakhouse onboard...not sure if it's still there but it was so good! I think you'll like it anyway!
I was a little worried about booking the cruise, just because we've been on Disney a couple of times and it will be hard to beat. However, like I mentioned before, I don't want to spend 2x the amount on Disney for the exact cruise. That money can be used to extend our trip or plan some exciting excursions.... I think it was yesterday that the Mariner arrived in Miami and sets out on it's first cruise today. I've seen some videos on youtube of everything they've refurbished and it looks AMAZING!!! I have no doubt in my mind that I made the right decision for a short hall cruise. I think I read that they did a 190 million dollar refurb on the ship, and it shows from what I've seen. I'm excited to see vlogs from people taking the cruise. We've only been on Disney and we took Norwegian Cruise line to Alaska many, many years ago.
I think this is a smart decision, arrival day can go so many ways that it is best not to be tied to an ADR.

We liked Blaze Pizza and Earl of Sandwich at Disney Springs.
I think you are right. I want to get down there at opening if not sooner? I don't know if anything opens before 10am? I'd like to enjoy the peace and quite for a little bit and then slowly take out time, shopping, exploring, eating. I think my top two choices are Blaze and D'luxe. I absolutely love Earl of Sandwich but I've ate there many times before. I might grab a few on our way out of DS and take them back to the room and put them in the fridge for lunch the next day at the pool?

Last edited:
Holy crow! That is massive! Were many people injured in your area by getting hit by hail?

Love their costumes! Adorable!
I didn't hear of any injuries, but I wouldn't doubt if some people got hurt. My kids were scared because it was so loud on the roof, and the large hail would hit the ground and bounce and slam into the windows. My neighbors car looked like it was demolished and my poor trees really took a beating. Luckily it didn't last too long or it really would have been devastating.

2 days to go! 53 hours to take-off to be exact!

giphy.gif

The last couple days have been filled with packing, cleaning, shopping, taking care of the million things that need to be taken care of, checking and double checking reservations and itinerary AND freaking about leaving my kids behind.

Tomorrow I'm having a mother/daughter day with DD!... We're going to get our nails done and going to a painting studio to paint pictures of the Eiffel Tower. DH and DS are also going to have a Father/Son day doing go-carts and laser tag!

Magic Bands came in the mail a couple days ago. Thank-goodness because I was hoping they'd be here before we left so the kids didn't accidently open the box and the surprise would be ruined.

giphy.gif

I'm so exhausted and can't wait for everything to be finished. Once I board the plane and I'm in the air I can finally breathe!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!