the battle of the Burgers and hotdogs...

DLfan4

Cant wait for another trip to DLR
Hi. trying to figure out the best quick service/ casual dining places to eat.

corn dogs. is the Red Wagon a better corn dog? or is it the same as the Corn dog castle or the ones at the quick service in Fronteirland?

Hot dogs. which hot dog is the best? the Mac n Cheese dog at Refreshment corner? or the street dog at Award Wieners? or somewhere else?

How about Burgers? where is the best burger?

If you’re there for Halloween the seasonal Bison burger from The Hungry Bear is fantastic. Can’t speak very highly for the other fast food burgers in the park. Cove Bar has great sliders.

Corn dogs from Red Wagon are great. Haven’t had any other hot dogs in the park.

I have unfortunately found Disneylands burgers to be very hit or miss. I've had great burgers at smokejumpers and then the last time we went they were disgusting. Same with Hungry Bear. ‍♀️ Carnation has been consistently good but they re not CS
I'm not a corn dog fan but I love Award Weiners....lots of options and good quality, well good quality for a hot dog or sausage!

Corn dogs are the same at all 3 locations, except you can get fries at Stagedoor, and you can get hot links and cheese dogs at Corndog Castle.

Note:,don't get a corn dog @ Corn Dog Castle at the end of the day...........burnt.

Hotdogs at Award Wieners are all-beef rather than just "meat", so if that's important to you, get your hotdog at Award Wieners. We also really like the film strip fries at Award Wieners. I never order CS burgers, but DH does sometimes at Hungry Bear or Red Rose Tavern and says they are generally ok. He prefers to get a loaded burger if it's CS, so he is likely to choose the chili burger at Hungry Bear or the poutine burger at Red Rose Tavern rather than just a burger. We tried Taste Pilot's once and were unimpressed, and for some reason we have never felt a desire to order lunch at Tomorrowland Terrace. If we want to just enjoy a burger, then we choose sit-down instead and go to Carnation Cafe inside the parks or some other restaurant outside the park. We are not big on corn dogs so get them rarely and apparently are not discerning enough to notice a taste or quality difference between the three locations.

It's been a couple of years, but I was really disappointed with Award Weiners. If I recall correctly, my dog had marinara sauce and mozzarella cheese, but it wasn't very warm at all. I remember being bummed about it because it's description was so tantalizing! I don't think I would try it again, but I am a sucker for a tasty sounding item, so who knows...?

It's been a couple of years, but I was really disappointed with Award Weiners. If I recall correctly, my dog had marinara sauce and mozzarella cheese, but it wasn't very warm at all. I remember being bummed about it because it's description was so tantalizing! I don't think I would try it again, but I am a sucker for a tasty sounding item, so who knows...?

I too used to be disappointed by Award Wieners to the point of getting food somewhere else for myself even when the rest of my family was eating there. The menu went through a re-vamp in the last year or so, and I have eaten there twice since then and enjoyed it much more.

Burgers at Storyteller's in DGC are the best......it is TS, though, and not CS. Also, they are served at lunch which is generally a pretty quiet time there.

I have unfortunately found Disneylands burgers to be very hit or miss. I've had great burgers at smokejumpers and then the last time we went they were disgusting. Same with Hungry Bear. ‍♀️ Carnation has been consistently good but they re not CS
I'm not a corn dog fan but I love Award Weiners....lots of options and good quality, well good quality for a hot dog or sausage!

They changed the burgers earlier this year but not sure when. Used to love the burgers there at Smokejumpers, Village Haus and the other QS etc. But when we went around June or July this year I noticed they were smaller patties and not as good(but conversely cost more), luckily the fries still tast the same.

Our experience was the same. Cold hot dogs and stale buns. Soooo bad - haven’t gone back since....

is the Red Wagon a better corn dog? or is it the same as the Corn dog castle or the ones at the quick service in Fronteirland?
I don't eat hot dogs or corn dogs, but one of my daughters gets corn dogs every trip. She has always said Little Red Wagon is the best corn dog anywhere, but recently tried one from Corn Dog Castle and said it was slightly better than LRW. She said it was a slight difference. Maybe she was hungrier at the time. I know things taste better to me when I am extremely hungry.

How about Burgers? where is the best burger?
Smokejumpers Grill is normally very good.
Hungry Bear is adequate.
My husband said the burger he got at Carthay Circle was the best burger he has ever had.
Galactic Grill - stay away! Ate burgers there twice and couldn't finish because they were so gross and tasteless.

I don't eat hot dogs or corn dogs, but one of my daughters gets corn dogs every trip. She has always said Little Red Wagon is the best corn dog anywhere, but recently tried one from Corn Dog Castle and said it was slightly better than LRW. She said it was a slight difference. Maybe she was hungrier at the time. I know things taste better to me when I am extremely hungry.

Well they are most likely the exact same corndogs. However, that said with fried foods, the cooking oil makes a huge difference. How old it is and how hot it is. As well as how long the corn dogs stay in. There is a fine line between a nice crispy corn dog and a butned corndog. And if the oil isn't hot enough its a soggy corndog with less crunch. Very possible one is better than the other and that may change throughout the day/week/month.

I just had my first corn dog at the Red Cart on Main Street. Wow! That's as good as those double-dipped you get at the fair. I definitely want another on my next trip.

As for burgers, until DL gets a "fixens" bar like they do at the MK at WDW, the burgers will never catch up. However, if I do get a burger, it's at either Hungry Bear or Smokejumpers for the ChiliBurger. Those are pretty good.

Never had a burger or regular hot dog at a DLR CS restaurant, but I will only get corn dogs at Corn Dog Castle because I love the hot link ones, I just had one for dinner last night and it was delicious as usual!

Well they are most likely the exact same corndogs. However, that said with fried foods, the cooking oil makes a huge difference. How old it is and how hot it is. As well as how long the corn dogs stay in. There is a fine line between a nice crispy corn dog and a butned corndog. And if the oil isn't hot enough its a soggy corndog with less crunch. Very possible one is better than the other and that may change throughout the day/week/month.

There are a lot that argue the LRW dogs are crisper/more overcooked and the Stage Door ones ware more golden, less crispy. It would a matter of personal taste as to which were better. I have my doubts about consistency and consider them all pretty much the same, there is always a bit of a luck of the draw. But I buy from the Wagon, for me, it's just something more old school "Disneyland"about it.

IMHO, the counter service burgers, fried and pizza are all the same sucky counter service burgers, fried and pizza every amusement park sells (including WDW).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter