The Best!

starbox

"There is more treasure in books than in all the p
It's like a whole new kinder, gentler, more suportive DVC family these days. :flower3: :flower3: :flower3:

In keeping with the new "spirit", how about a list of what you think each resort does best.

Here's my personal list:

OKW: best community hall
VWL: best community room (Iron Spike) & best family-friendly TS (Whispering Canyon)
SSR: best CS restaurant
BWV: have not stayed there - but I'm sure it's got the best views
BCV: have not stayed there - but I'm guessing best pool
VB: best CMs :goodvibes

HHI - have not stayed there and have no idea!

I'm just wondering why you listed OKW as the best community hall...We've taken out movies, but that was all. What is there that BWV's community hall doesn't have?

Bobbi:goodvibes

PS. DVC is the best for me.

DVC=Best time share in the world and this is not an opinion.;)

I've visited all but VWL and BWV but will be visiting them soon because more points mean longer stays and more time to roam around the world!!!:goodvibes Here are my very humble biased little opinions.

BCV=Best Pool. It looks amazing!!! We also always eat at Cape May because we love it.

VWL= I have a feeling they have the best restaraunt (Artist Point).I'll know for sure on my next visit when we send the kids to neverland club so that we can have an adult night.:banana:
BWV=Best night life. It seems like you can get into a lot on the Boardwalk at night. All innocent of course.:goodvibes

OKW=Best Grounds. Their landscape is just lush and amazing. Breathtakingly gorgeous.

SSR=Best room Decor. Of course I'm biased;) but I just love the rooms at SSR.

All of the DVC's are beautiful and make me so proud to be a DVC member. Eventually when we can tear ourselves away from SSR, I will make my way around to each and everyone of them.

Okay, here are my thoughts:

BCV - Best pool for older kids & best CS (B&C, although Disney considers it a TS)
SSR - Best pool for younger kids, best access to DTD (okay that one is a no brainer)
VWL - Best lounge area (Iron Spike Room) & best lobby & Best FF restaurant (WCC)
OKW - Best resort for large family gatherings
VB - Best resort for a relaxing vacation

I have not yet stayed at BWV or HHI so I can't comment on these resorts.

Lori

I'm just wondering why you listed OKW as the best community hall...We've taken out movies, but that was all. What is there that BWV's community hall doesn't have?

Bobbi:goodvibes

PS. DVC is the best for me.

Okay - I'll add a disclaimer that I have not seen the community hall at BWV yet - but I loved the following things about the CH at OKW:

1) The spaciousness and openness of it - there were two long tables with lots of space for the arts and crafts. It actually felt like a rec. hall and not a rec. room.

2) Loved the family photos on the wall. Loved the decor with the "craft shack".

3) Big games - air hockey, darts and foozeball - plus all the other little "stuff" (computers, big screen tv, games, etc)

4) There seemed to be more consitent times when arts/crafts activities offered (more than just a few times a day).

17197459.f5e92a.jpg

BWV The Best Views
BCV The Best Pool
OKW The Best To Relax at
VWL The Best Lodge
SSR Have not stayed there yet

OOPS! I have not seen VB or HHI at all but hope to in the near future. I'd bet HHI and VB are about tied for most relaxing but don't quote me because I haven't seen them just yet.:)

I can't answer for them all, but here are my thoughts fwiw.

OKW: Best Music (and I love the dolphins)
VWL: Best job on the overall Theme - love the rocking chairs
SSR: The Spa! And ITA on Best Counter Service and love the room decor too
BWV: Best Festive Atmosphere
BCV: Stormalong Bay, of course!
VB: Never been, but friends loved the turtle walk
HHI: Never been or heard any firsthand experiences, so can't say

Nice thread :goodvibes

BCV - Best pool
BWV - Best for active adults
HHI - Best for nature
OKW - Best for relaxing adults
SSR - Best for newbies
VBR - Best CMs and beach
VWL - Best theming

IMHO

We are new DVC members and have only stayed at the VWL, but here is my humble opinion!

VWL - Best way to get to Magic Kingdom! Love the short boat ride that you can stroll your sleeping child in the stroller onto!

OKW--largest rooms and most convenient parking
BC--best pool
VWL--best theming and easiest "commute" to MK, love the boat ride--best FF
BWV--great views, standard rooms
SS--havent stayed yet

BWV - Best views and fun atmosphere. Also, a nice Community Hall. Great location.
BCV - Best Marketplace for quick food. Great location.
SSR - Best quiet pool at Congress Park and nice counter sevice

I have visited both OKW and WL but have not stayed.

OKW best place to feel like you are in Florida while staying at Disney.

We like to feel like we are where we staying. Not that any of the others are bad, but when I go to florida I want to feel like I am there. I love the Jimmy Buffet, the grounds, the rooms and decor.

BWV - best night life, best pool slide, best walk at night, best 2 anchoring bars (ESPN and Jellyrolls).

Oh I forgot - Best views!
Get a Boardwalk View for your room and then you will see fireworks from all the parks and then the best views in the world of the BWV!.

OKW: best neighborhood & community feel (special shout-out to the wonderfully spacious balconies !) :grouphug:

BWV: best views (only the BW views though):3dglasses

BCV: best pool :fish:

SSR: best CS eating area popcorn::

VWL: overall best themeing/ambiance :flower1: :butterfly

VBR: best resort smells (the Inn). I swear they pipe orange scent through the ventilation system :beach:

HHI: only resort I have not stayed at (I'm sure it's nice):)

Thanks for starting such a positive thread! I haven't stayed everywhere yet, so I won't comment other than to say that we have loved every DVC resort thus far!

OKW-Best views and room size
BCV- Best location
SSR- Best in resort restaurant
VWL-Best theme
BWV-Ummmmm longest halls?

OKW - love the water views, 1 and 2 bedroom are the biggest, also love that balcony!!! loved that it was in the middle of WDW yet felt a million miles away. love the ice maker in the 1-bedroom and up in YOUR room!!!!

BWV - nice views, love being able to walk to both Studios and Epcot.;), the night life is nice (when it isn't too loud), community hall. Best 3-bedroom at WDW so far.

SSR - nice views, yes this is a great pool for little ones, also for shoppers, walking to DD in around 7 to 10 minutes - just great! very luxuries interiors and the outside is pretty wonderful too. this has a nice community hall, too.

BCV - love being able to walk Epcot faster than walking to the boat, Love and I mean LOVE Cape May Cafe, the decor here is pretty wonderful too, not to mention that DVC did those nice walk ways - the Breezeway and Drawing room. also love Beaches and Cream.

VWL - love this entire place - well I am not found of the service station - but everything else is pretty wonderful. the quiet pool with the bubbles, the nice very big - whirlpool (spa), then at WL - the great food court, WC, geyser, the cool & hot tubs, the outside bar, watching the EWP with a nice drink....:woohoo: I could go on.

HH - it is on its own island - now that is pretty cool, but you walk to the mall, the beach is nice, loved the very, very old trees. Love the studios here - some of the biggest.

VB - love the view of the ocean, the swimming pool, the way you would see the building one color but the video was another color. walking along the beach. Best 3-bedroom at any DVC resort.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter