The Broadway show thread where we discuss all things Broadway

My son and I have tickets to see Hugh Jackman and Sutton Foster in “The Music Man” in October, 2020. I got an email from Telecharge on Wednesday advising that we now have tickets for May, 2021. There is a way to exchange them if the date doesn’t work for us, but I haven’t figured out how to make that work on their website yet. I am trying to change the tickets to October, 2021 because I’m not sure I will be ready to travel to NYC in May.

Yay! I think this thread could use more posts like this to keep us forward focused on a Broadway in the future to look forward to. The lights on Broadway may be currently dimmed. But they WILL be dusted off at some point and shine again. 💡💡💡💡

I remember seeing this old tweet by Hugh Jackman at the end of March, as they were staying in an apartment on the west side of NYC. He was so excited to watch the USNS Comfort, as she came to port here, to take on an overflow of hospital patients. I'm glad to read he will be staying around to do The Music Man.

Got a survey from Disney on Broadway this morning. Had basic questions on location, age, are you traveling this summer, comfort level on returning to broadway. I thought this was interesting, though. They are planning their marketing tactics, and asked me to rate the following from 1 to 4.

Disney on Broadway Flex Ticket- purchase a discounted ticket today that can be redeemed for either The Lion King OR Aladdin within 12 months of when Broadway shows return.

Broadway Subscription-purchase a multi-show Broadway show package, with deeper discounts the more shows you buy. This would be eligible across all Broadway shows, not just limited to Disney on Broadway.

Disney on Broadway Guatanteed Lottery- purchase a very low price ticket that could be redeemed for select performances close to the performance date.

Now & Later Package- purchase a ticket for a specific date and get a free subscription to Disney+.

A special LGBTQ+ PRIDE performance by Cyndi Lauper, Billy Porter and the original cast of Kinky Boots singing the finale song: Raise You Up

My son and I have tickets to see Hugh Jackman and Sutton Foster in “The Music Man” in October, 2020. I got an email from Telecharge on Wednesday advising that we now have tickets for May, 2021. There is a way to exchange them if the date doesn’t work for us, but I haven’t figured out how to make that work on their website yet. I am trying to change the tickets to October, 2021 because I’m not sure I will be ready to travel to NYC in May.

I was booked for Sept 2020 and automatically moved to April 2021. Since my friends and I have no plans at this point we are rolling with that. We live here in NYC though so it’s not as if we have to make a decision on traveling. My friends who rebooked, even a week different, had to pay extra fees so watch out for that.

I was booked for Sept 2020 and automatically moved to April 2021. Since my friends and I have no plans at this point we are rolling with that. We live here in NYC though so it’s not as if we have to make a decision on traveling. My friends who rebooked, even a week different, had to pay extra fees so watch out for that.

The Telecharge website is wonky. They explain how to exchange the tickets, but there is no way to actually do it. It is very frustrating. I have a friend who is trying to exchange tickets, as well, and, of course, she is in the same boat. There is no way to call or email them. We have both submitted their required customer service form to ask a question. Nothing back from them yet. We have until July 23rd to get this exchange situation resolved. Fingers crossed.

I got my subscription renewal package for PPAC in the mail over the weekend!! It just feels good to know that seeing shows is in my future again. I'm a little bummed about the shows that had to get cut from the shortened season (I was really looking forward to the Cher show), but totally understand. And JCS and Dear Evan Hansen got pushed from 2020 to 2021 so at least we will still get to see those!

The Telecharge website is wonky. They explain how to exchange the tickets, but there is no way to actually do it. It is very frustrating. I have a friend who is trying to exchange tickets, as well, and, of course, she is in the same boat. There is no way to call or email them. We have both submitted their required customer service form to ask a question. Nothing back from them yet. We have until July 23rd to get this exchange situation resolved. Fingers crossed.

Is there like the tiniest button that you'd never see unless it is pointed out to you? Sometimes I go to YouTube to see if there is a tutorial when I'm trying to figure out how to work something. They often point to something that I would never have known does what I need. :headache: Or I have to do 5 steps to get to a page that isn't listed and there is no way to get there unless I knew those 5 steps and in order. :badpc:

Just announced, but as expected:

The Broadway League has canceled all Broadway performances in New York City through the remainder of 2020 due to COVID-19. Broadway theatres are now offering refunds and exchanges for tickets purchased for all performances through January 3, 2021.

I got my subscription renewal package for PPAC in the mail over the weekend!! It just feels good to know that seeing shows is in my future again. I'm a little bummed about the shows that had to get cut from the shortened season (I was really looking forward to the Cher show), but totally understand. And JCS and Dear Evan Hansen got pushed from 2020 to 2021 so at least we will still get to see those!

I was considering picking up the ppac subscription again, but there's too much overlap with Boston. I'd like to see Prom again, though!

The free show this weekend is Michael Flatley's spectacular dance show, Celtic Tiger.

Preview:

Link to show:
Available Friday at 2 PM ET / 11 AM PT. Will stream for only 48 hours.

If you get the Turner Classic Movies (TCM) channel, the musical, 1776, will be on July 4th at 2:30pm ET.

A good portion of the musical is about the debate over a paragraph Thomas Jefferson wrote in the draft of the Declaration of Independence that would have freed all the slaves and made them equal. If you have kids, this is well worth watching with them, particularly in this time of protests for Black Lives Matter. It explains why the paragraph was eventually left out. And it illustrates how hard the battle for Independence was between our forefathers.

Last edited:
1776 is requisite viewing for me every 4th of July. I'm a big fan of John Adams, and it's a great musical. And as Imzadi points out, very timely at this particular time.

If you missed the current thread on this, Broadway actor, Nick Cordero has passed away due to too many complications due to COVID-19. :( He had been in the hospital fighting it for 13 weeks. He was 41.

Nick's wife, Amanda's Instagram:

Nick and his wife were staying at a guest house of Zach Branff's while they had been looking at a home in CA. They had found one. Nick had gone back to NY to close up and pack up some items when he had contracted COVID in NYC. This is Zach's Twitter page:

Last edited:
This full performance by the San Francisco Ballet of their 2020 Opening Night Gala, back in Jan, popped as a suggestion for me on YouTube. They uploaded it on June 30. So many here might not have seen it.

Enjoy!

FULL Performance: Live from Lincoln Center: Rodgers and Hammerstein’s Carousel

"Carousel was hailed by Time Magazine as “the best musical of the 20th Century.“ The New York Philharmonic presents a stunning staged production of this iconic American work, featuring a star-studded cast including Kelli O’Hara as Julie Jordan, Nathan Gunn as Billy Bigelow, Jessie Mueller as Carrie Pepperidge, Kate Burton as Mrs. Mullin, Stephanie Blythe, Shuler Hensley, Jason Danieley, John Cullum and New York City Ballet dancers, Robert Fairchild and Tiler Peck as Louise."​

(Don't know how long it will stay up. Lincoln Center has a few more full length performances on their YouTube Channel, but mostly dance & chamber music.)

Carousel Waltz 3:24
You’re a Queer One Julie Jordan 14:10
Mister Snow 16:06
If I Loved You 22:15
Give it to em good Carrie 35:08
June is Bustin’ Out All Over 37:19
Mister Snow (reprise) 44:22
When the Children Are Asleep 50:09
Blow High, Blow Low 56:05
Soliloquy 1:04:56
June encore (end of act 1) 1:13:13
This Was a Real Nice Clambake 1:15:36
Geraniums in the Winder 1:23:25
Stonecutters Cut It On Stone 1:25:04
What’s the Use of Wond’rin 1:28:13
You’ll Never Walk Alone 1:39:09
The Highest Judge of All 1:43:03
Louise’s Ballet 1:48:20
If I Loved You (reprise) 2:04:42
You’ll Never Walk Alone (finale) 2:09:20

Another Live from Lincoln Center full performance. A rebroadcast of the Alvin Ailey American Dance Theater: Chroma, Grace, Takademe, Revelations (2015)

"Alvin Ailey’s signature masterpiece, 'Revelations,' pays homage to and reflects African-American cultural heritage, which Ailey considered one of America’s richest treasures – 'sometimes sorrowful, sometimes jubilant, but always hopeful.'"​

A couple comments from the YouTube page:

"Watching this felt like a healing moment for my broken heart and soul from the events over the last couple of weeks. Thank you Ailey!

"Absolutely the best and most amazing dance company in the world. The power of their dancing plus the heart of each dancer brings the experience to heavenly heights, indeed. My soul has been rocked...and then some."

Nuff said. :love:

FULL Performance: Live from Lincoln Center: Rodgers and Hammerstein’s Carousel

"Carousel was hailed by Time Magazine as “the best musical of the 20th Century.“ The New York Philharmonic presents a stunning staged production of this iconic American work, featuring a star-studded cast including Kelli O’Hara as Julie Jordan, Nathan Gunn as Billy Bigelow, Jessie Mueller as Carrie Pepperidge, Kate Burton as Mrs. Mullin, Stephanie Blythe, Shuler Hensley, Jason Danieley, John Cullum and New York City Ballet dancers, Robert Fairchild and Tiler Peck as Louise."​

(Don't know how long it will stay up. Lincoln Center has a few more full length performances on their YouTube Channel, but mostly dance & chamber music.)

Carousel Waltz 3:24
You’re a Queer One Julie Jordan 14:10
Mister Snow 16:06
If I Loved You 22:15
Give it to em good Carrie 35:08
June is Bustin’ Out All Over 37:19
Mister Snow (reprise) 44:22
When the Children Are Asleep 50:09
Blow High, Blow Low 56:05
Soliloquy 1:04:56
June encore (end of act 1) 1:13:13
This Was a Real Nice Clambake 1:15:36
Geraniums in the Winder 1:23:25
Stonecutters Cut It On Stone 1:25:04
What’s the Use of Wond’rin 1:28:13
You’ll Never Walk Alone 1:39:09
The Highest Judge of All 1:43:03
Louise’s Ballet 1:48:20
If I Loved You (reprise) 2:04:42
You’ll Never Walk Alone (finale) 2:09:20
We watched this a few weeks ago. It was very well done. The orchestra is on stage with the actors.
Denise

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter