The Cover Blown PTR

Ruthie25

Mouseketeer
Cast

DG - Ruth, 31, 6 previous DLP trips, 4 solo, one with friends, once with ex
DB - Darren, 28, completely new to DLP, has only been out of UK once before on a school trip.

Dates - Monday 25th to Thursday 28th January 2010
Staying - Sequoia Lodge

I had wanted to get back to DLP before my previous AP ran out at the end of November, but with starting a new job and being a bit broke it didn't happen. Especially as I had saved up enough PriorityPoints for a free night at the Holiday Inn - which isn't a Holiday Inn anymore! Darren had suggested that he might like to come too if and when I ever went...

So when I got an e-mail throught about 55% off at DLP i investigated the prices, and was quite impressed when I discovered that three nights at Sequoia Lodge for two including park tickets was only £285. Seeing as Darren and I had been prepared to spend £120 ish each on APs this seem like a very good deal..... Eurostar booked separately was £59 each for direct trains, but first we had to book the time off.

Which is where our cover was blown! Darren and I work in the same place, although on opposite shifts so we only see each other in passing. There had been suspicians amongst our crewmates that something was going on between us, but it was only at the end of November that we realised that we were :lovestruc:. But we kept things quiet as you do. Then we had to ask our manager for time off. At the same time. There are only 8 people at our place, so for 1/4 of the staff to be off at the same time is a bit of a struggle! Fortunately the boss was able to find people to cover our shifts, so holiday agreed, I went to book that night....:surfweb:

DLP booking was fine, but direct trains on Eurostar had gone up to £130 each!!! So we booked indirect for the original £59, means having to get the train at 0620 in the morning, but we get to the parks earlier, and will spend the money saved on lots and lots of food, and £42 for dinner and bed at the Travelodge 5 minutes from St Pancras on the way there.

Darren's Christmas gift included the Brit Guide, which he is devouring as we speak! We have decided that he is taking charge of our day in Paris, and I'm sure it will be great as he treats me like a princess: even in the mornings in the crew room. He is very excitied, but slightly worried about the fact that his first ever passport still hasn't arrived.....

I too am excited, especially as this will only be my second time staying in a Disney Hotel, and i'm looking forward to sharing all my favourite bits with Darren.
Although I am a little nervous, as a) it will be our first holiday together after only two months together, and b) i usually go by myself and do my own thing!

So, things to do before we go. Stock up on Thermals. Sew gloves on to Elastic - seriously!!!! Otherwise I keep loosing them. Brush up on French. And hope and pray that Darren's passport arrives......

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter