• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

The Dining Plan vs Hotel Nights

Kasmir

DIS Veteran
Hi, All-

I've read all of the FAQ and, maybe I overlooked the answer, because I don't quite understand...

We're going to WDW in July for 11 nights; we're on the MYW Premium Plan for 10 nights, but because we'll be there 11 nights, we had to set up a separate reservation for the additional night. I know that there is overlap, but I haven't yet found a better alternative.

I went ahead and made the separate reservation for our 1st night and went with the MWY + Dining, in the hopes that we could pool the two TS meals for Narcoosee's and the other vouchers for snacks later in the week.

Here's my question: I thought that when you were on the MYW + Dining, it started on the day that you checked in and ended on the day that you checked out (we have to "technically" check out and then check back in under a different reservation). That would effectively give us two TS meals, since it is just one night.

However, I've read elsewhere, that with the MYW + Dining, you only have as many meal days as you have "nights" on your plan - which would just be one for us.

Could you please tell me which is correct? :confused3

Thank you for your help!

Sheila

I know for certain that the dp expires on midnight of the day you check out. So, you could check out in the morning, but still use whatever credits you have until midnight.

You get a credit for each night you visit. So in your scenario, you would only have 1 TS credit each for the seperate reservation.

OK, here goes...

You get 1 snack
1 Counter/Quick Service
1 Table Service

per night of stay with the DP. If you added it to your 1st night's ressie, you would have it only for one day, hence, 1 of each. DP credits expire the day of check out-- at midnight I think, so don't save those snack or any credits from day one for later in your stay (seperate ressie). Also, since you must technically check out that next day and then check in again for the remaining 10 days, the benefits of the premium plan, if you have not booked the first night as premium, will not kick in until the first day of that reservation (the use of other recreation, breakfast/lunch/dinner vs snack/quick service/table service, any other premium benefits). You then get 10 of each meal on the second reservation.

Hope this helps.

Thank you very much, Luvamouse, kidzmom3 and Sleeping Jedi Beauty! :wave2:

That answers my questions.... I think that I will just do a room-only reservation then... If we can't use the snacks later in the week or have the TS apply to Narcoosee's (since it takes two TS vouchers), then it may just be cheaper to either pay out of pocket for dinner or switch around an ADR.

Thanks for the help! I LOVE THE DIS BOARDS!!! :love:

Kasmir said:
Thank you very much, Luvamouse, kidzmom3 and Sleeping Jedi Beauty! :wave2:

That answers my questions.... I think that I will just do a room-only reservation then... If we can't use the snacks later in the week or have the TS apply to Narcoosee's (since it takes two TS vouchers), then it may just be cheaper to either pay out of pocket for dinner or switch around an ADR.

Thanks for the help! I LOVE THE DIS BOARDS!!! :love:

I may be wrong (a VERY likely scenario), but I thought it was mentioned on another thread that the Premium Plan doesn't differentiate between Signature and other TS...which would eliminate the Narcoosee's issue. Anybody remember?

Hi, spaceacewannabe-

No, the Premium Plan doesn't differentiate.... I was wondering about TS meals on the regular MYW+Dining, which we added as a separate reservation.

Thanks for your help, though! :)

I would definitely do a room-only for your first night as you are also paying for a one day ticket with a package + dining.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter