The Dis Goes to Italy 5/24 - 6/1/2012 Viva Italia!!!!

Me too.

I think 4 staircases in one apartment is a bit much though.

I did try to picture you stooping to avoid hitting your head on the beams in that kitchen. It wasn't what I would have picked either. I think Cathie preferred the second one.

I did try to picture you stooping to avoid hitting your head on the beams in that kitchen. It wasn't what I would have picked either. I think Cathie preferred the second one.

Tell Cathie that I agree with her.

I missed it! :mad: Guess I'll need to look for repeats...I wonder if they have a TV Everywhere site...must go research.

Is it raining there? It would be worth the 3-4 hour drive just to escape the rain (and to see you and Jeri, of course). I'm getting ready to build an ark.

I wish there was a way to share recorded items from one dvr to another. Someone really should invent that technology...

I wish it were raining here. I'm going to have to take out a bank loan to pay my water bill this month! So come on! I'll buy gelato!

Let's all move to Orvieto.
I'm for that! I need to live somewhere where they sell Fanta Light. It doesn't seem to be distributed in the USA---along with many other attractions that don't need to be explained to this group. We could hatch a plan to free the Dove prior to Pentacost.

This has nothing to do with anything, really, but I just wanted to share with you guys since you were all with me on my very exciting ride to Atlanta for the birth of the best niece anywhere that she is now one! No, I cannot believe it either. We drove up (in a much more controlled manner) and did the blessing at the church and then had a party with some cupcakes. Yum!

So here she is, in her very own ball pit. Wish my mom had thought of this! So clever!

Happy birthday to Charlotte! I does seem like yesterday that you were posting about her birth. Time flies!! Very cute scrapbook page...doesn't hurt that you have a very cute subject!

:bday: Isn't she just adorable - she has the most beautiful eyes

Can't believe it's already been a year . . .

Lauren,

Thanks so much for sharing Charlotte 'a photos. She is indeed beautiful. I cannot believe she's a year old. I must be getting old. Time is just flying by.

It took me two days to reply because I had to find my password. I had just a little help with that.

How is all else going with you? I miss everybody. :grouphug:
Love
Cathie

Ciao Amici :flower3:

Just wanted to let you know that the HGTV - House Hunters International in Orvieto is re-airing tonight @ 11:30pm

Since I missed it the first time around, I have been waiting for it to be on again :yay::yay:

Dino and I both fell in love with that hilltop town :goodvibes
Rome, Florence & Venice too ;)

I loved the entire trip, event the hilltop prison, but Orvieto was just perfect in every way. Unless you're the pageant dove, in which case it's traumatic and upsetting. :lmao:

I loved the entire trip, event the hilltop prison, but Orvieto was just perfect in every way. Unless you're the pageant dove, in which case it's traumatic and upsetting. :lmao:

I guess we should be glad that the dove wasn't attacked by a seagull or crow like the poor things at St Peter's yesterday. :). That was freaky!

Heather,

I'm so sorry for the loss of your Uncle. He was an amazing man. I know you have wonderful memories.

How is your Mom doing these days?
Cathie

Heather,

I'm so sorry for the loss of your Uncle. He was an amazing man. I know you have wonderful memories.

How is your Mom doing these days?
Cathie

Hello dear!

Thank you for your thoughts. I am alternately sad and then trying to remember that he is quite busy chopping wood and teaching everyone in the angel band new four part harmonies, things he loved to do.

My mom is settled in Seattle, slowly acclimating to a new place. She's very brave! We had kind of a rough run just now. I flew to Orlando for a meeting early on the 17th, and my mom had to be admitted to the hospital late that night with a Noro Virus that went through her independent living place. I promptly came down with the flu (despite being vaccinated last fall :sad2:) and so we decided I would stay put (I was afraid to expose her to my flu and give her something else to deal with) and manage from afar. My best friend helped out a lot, but it was stressful to be so far away. Of course one of the big reasons to have her near me was so that she wouldn't be alone if she was in the hospital. The timing was diabolical. I am home now and she will be ready to come home day after tomorrow so we are getting back on track.

I hope you are having a good winter. Do you have any travel plans?

Heather,

I wish I could have seen him perform in person. He certainly changed a lot of lives.

I'm sorry to hear that your Mother was so ill. The Noro Virus is an insidious illness. I'd say you did what you intended having her near you. You just had a trusted stand-in take your place. I'm glad she agreed to move. I'm sure she's getting better and more personal care now. The flu is really nasty. I'm pretty sure that my sister was at the same meeting. I think she has come down with a nasty upper respiratory infection each year she's attended.

We were in Orlando for Disapalooza. That was great fun. We saw dear friends- caught up since the trip, etc. I wish we'd seen you too. I'm sure we 'll go to Denver sometime next summer. We're still deciding what else to do. I'm dying to back to Europe. What are your plans?

Take care

My pottery has arrived and after seeing the bill for duty and taxes I am sort of regretting buying so much!!!

Tracey....is that YOU???

I still LOVE the Large Vase we bought and shipped from Orvieto. Talking about another ABD...will let you know when we're ready!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts