The DisFort's Chit Chat Cafe

We took some photos to send to the kids (while they are at work - ha! :rotfl2:) then headed back to our bikes. (We're trying our best to spend their inheritance while we still can. :thumbsup2 )

DW had commented on the little stand-outs of nature at our campsite. Like the yellow flower in the grass (weed?) and the berries growing under our clothes line.

As I said, Friday was beautiful.

Shrimp scampi I cooked for dinner.

Let's finish up in the next post.

Bama Ed

The condo building across from us in OB was bathed in light.

While I was putting things away and getting ready to leave this morning, a 7-footer gator floated by slowly out in the lake. He was good sized.

Finally at 10am we were loaded up and ready to depart.

My parents had watered my tomato plants in my absence (when Mother Nature didn't this week) so to thank them I stopped at the fish monger to get them a Gulf Red Snapper filet (and one for myself) and also at the Perdido Winery (I-65 just north of Bay Minette Exit 45) for some muscadine wine from the first licensed winery in Alabama. A semi-dry white for them and the same plus a red for me.

I'll cook the snapper tomorrow and enjoy the white wine with it. Good trip - couldn't ask for better weather. And as I said we booked a 4-night stay for this time next year on Live Oak.

I'll be here with the rest of you waiting for another non-FW trip report to come along, either in Chit Chat or a separate thread.

From a rainy title town, good night.

Bama Ed

The condo building across from us in OB was bathed in light.

While I was putting things away and getting ready to leave this morning, a 7-footer gator floated by slowly out in the lake. He was good sized.

Finally at 10am we were loaded up and ready to depart.

My parents had watered my tomato plants in my absence (when Mother Nature didn't this week) so to thank them I stopped at the fish monger to get them a Gulf Red Snapper filet (and one for myself) and also at the Perdido Winery (I-65 just north of Bay Minette Exit 45) for some muscadine wine from the first licensed winery in Alabama. A semi-dry white for them and the same plus a red for me.

I'll cook the snapper tomorrow and enjoy the white wine with it. Good trip - couldn't ask for better weather. And as I said we booked a 4-night stay for this time next year on Live Oak.

I'll be here with the rest of you waiting for another non-FW trip report to come along, either in Chit Chat or a separate thread.

From a rainy title town, good night.

Bama Ed
Nice trip and report. As I say EVERY time I watch a GSP report nowadays... I can't wait to try it out myself!

Fall trip booked, Badlands, Custer Gulch, Spearfish SD, Idaho Falls (Yellowstone and Teton's) SLC to visit DD#2, Las Vegas, petrified forest, Tucumcari to visit DS#1 into misery to hit Merrimac caverns and St Louis and then back up to home, 4,125 miles and 62 days, back in time for the holidays, then off to snowbird season again!

View attachment 850697
When were at Badlands in June 2023 I did ride over and look at dry camping overlooking Badlands NP. Seemed like a great place to stay a night. It's on the Wall entrance side of Badlands

Screenshot_20240421_100611.jpg

Go in on Google maps and check it out.

The new system went live this weekend. I got 4 hours of sleep. We are in support mode. Next two weeks will be tough. Mom has a cardio appointment tomorrow so am not going to the office. Whisky missed me yesterday. She wanted to cuddle when I finally got home and I obliged. I so want the merry go round to stop, but once these next two weeks are over it might be a smidge better.

The new system went live this weekend. I got 4 hours of sleep.
Hang in there. Ian was sent home early on Sunday. The new system installed at the Hershey/FedEx warehouse 2 weeks ago is still not right. Everything they scanned on Sunday came up "inventory not found". They couldn't unload trailers because the system couldn't find it to say where it needed to go and they couldn't load because the system didn't know where anything was to pull.

j

@garneska Support mode is much better then triage mode. I been in dealing with all the recent flurry of high level CVE (Common Vulnerabilities and Exposures for non techies). I have had to work so many long days over the past few weeks. And the workload continues.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter