The DisFort's Chit Chat Cafe

Don,

We probably won't be getting in to LLSP until 7 or 8pm. Google says it is 10 hours from Clarksville RV Park to LLSP. There is a time zone change and I'll have to stop for fuel once, unless I fill up before leaving Clarksville. Travelling with DW, I'll have to stop 2 or 3 times for potty and food stops. I'm guessing a 12 hour (13 hour clock) day considering we also have to come through Atlanta. We leave Clarksville at 7am, that would put us to LLSP around 8 local time...

I may try to hit the road sooner. I have you phone number and can call or text when we are on the road and have a better idea when we will be getting in.

Thanks for the offer.

j

Don,

We probably won't be getting in to LLSP until 7 or 8pm. Google says it is 10 hours from Clarksville RV Park to LLSP. There is a time zone change and I'll have to stop for fuel once, unless I fill up before leaving Clarksville. Travelling with DW, I'll have to stop 2 or 3 times for potty and food stops. I'm guessing a 12 hour (13 hour clock) day considering we also have to come through Atlanta. We leave Clarksville at 7am, that would put us to LLSP around 8 local time...

I may try to hit the road sooner. I have you phone number and can call or text when we are on the road and have a better idea when we will be getting in.

Thanks for the offer.

j
Another option would be a trip from the Fort. Just throwing that out there as I know you're probably booked solid. It's actually closer than LLSP. We aren't checking in until the 14th. After going back and forth and agonizing over booking another trip on short notice we have decided to keep our reservations at the Fort in October. We're trying to find a couple restaurants to try since the ones we really wanted aren't open but so far, aside from Whispering Canyon nothing sounds appealing. Still trying to make that lemonade out of the lemons we got.

Now it looks like Gulf Shores fixing to take a run over by Sally.

Wish this woman would make up her mind. :sad2: :confused3

Now it looks like Gulf Shores fixing to take a run over by Sally.

Wish this woman would make up her mind. :sad2: :confused3

She was headed for NOLA and Pluto.

Then she was headed for the MS-AL Line and Southalabama5er.

Now she's headed for the Pink Pony Pub in Gulf Shores. Webcam still LIVE as of this posting

Tomorrow she'll slide over and head for BishopArc out past P-cola. Good thing he left his trailer down in Orlando.

ED

Disfamily we could use some prayers. My father was admitted to the hospital tonight. He fell on Sunday, but did not hit his head. He was wobbly on his feet and was not making sense. This morning mom took him to the Dr, and they found nothing, but send him to the hospital. CAT scan revealed a tumor on his brain. Waiting on MRI and then neurosurgeon consult.

Chris,
Prayers for your dad. My dad fell last December 13th and broke his hip. This had led to several other health issues. Prayers have kept my dad and our family strong during this time. Again, prayers for strength and healing.

Steve

Chris,

Sorry to hear about your dad. Here's good thoughts this is something benign and manageable.

j

Looks like GSP is getting a direct hit from Sally... the pictures always look so nice there... I am sure a place like that has survived many storms, but hope they get by with as little damage as possible along with all the people and businesses that call the area home...

Looks like GSP is getting a direct hit from Sally... the pictures always look so nice there... I am sure a place like that has survived many storms, but hope they get by with as little damage as possible along with all the people and businesses that call the area home...

Yeah just now on The Weather Channel the camera/lady was at the Gulf State Park Lodge and they panned out to the end of the Gulf Fishing Pier and a big long piece that connected to the end of the pier was gone. So the board replacement and improvements they planned is gonna take a little longer now.

They said Pensacola nearby got 24" of rain and some places in NW FL got 30".

Bama Ed

Mayor of Gulf Shores on phone convo with TWC said they got "around 25 inches in GS". Power out all over except if your generator is working. Bridge near Lulu's on Hwy 59 over Intercoastal Waterway closed (probably the toll bridge in Orange Beach too). Surge and winds not as bad as past hurricanes but the amount of rain and flooding is more. The land mass west of GS out towards Fort Morgan is lower and they have to get out there to do flood assessment.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter