The DisFort's Chit Chat Cafe

Southern most point cam Key West showing the waves crashing over it and on to the roadway more and more....

At the vet with yeti. Unplanned vet trip. His elbow/cut looks good but now that paw is swollen.

So good news and bad news. No bone tumor, which is what the vet was fearful it was. She thinks the swelling is just from wearing a bandage for the last 2 months and his lymph system. We have to massage his leg twice a day. The bad news is the xray was not great. While she did not find a tumor she did see his bone had abnormalities to it. She will send the xray to radiologist for a second opinion. It is basically one of two things. It could be and is highly likely to be arthritis. His backend is bad so i know he uses his front legs a lot to compensation. The other thing is it could still be the start of bone cancer. We think it is just arthritis. All we can do is keep him comfortable. He is resting now it was a big day standing at the vet.

Thanks for the prayers. I took Mallory to the park, she got lots of pets. Yeti went on a short walk. He really seems to be doing ok for a big dog that is somewhere between 13 and 14 years old. We have a big weekend, well a lock yourself in your condo weekend. It's music midtown at the park. We have no intentions of taking the car anywhere. I have an easy run weekend, will start at 7. Then take dogs for a walk after that,figuring all the kid will be sleeping in. Plan is to walk to Publix or bike to Trader Joe's for groceries and then hang out on the balcony and drink beer and listen to the music. Also need to work some this weekend and clean.

That's a nice urban weekend now that everything is kinda back to normal, Kris.

We got a home game in T-town this weekend (Bama plays Colorado State at 6pm) which is the last non-conference game before we start SEC play with Vandy next week. It's less than a mile from here. I hope I have some news tomorrow.

Bama Ed

PS - I committed this week a year in advance to run a Relay Team Marathon at this point next year up in Ohio which is where I was born. It's in my home town and my only stipulation was that I run the first 6-mile leg because that goes through my old neighborhood where I was brought home from the hospital and attended school through 3rd grade. The streets are paved with brick there. My teammates are my female cousins and female Cousin-in-laws to make up a team of 5. All my guy cousins my age talk a good game but get winded walking to the fridge. Oh well. As long as they put me in the middle of the team photo. :rolleyes:

Our continued prayers for Yeti & Mallory. Our Susie (12 Nov 16th) has arthritis & does pretty good. She takes 2 different pills @ night. Our Missy had a run in with a rattlesnake 2 wks ago in the back yard. Almost lost our baby, but back to normal now. Had to have only 1 anti venom medicine. Hope everyone that was in the path of Irma made out OK.

Am so glad nothing bad happened with the snake bite. That is very scary.

We had unhappy dogs today. We needed to clean the floors. That meant one making them stay in the study and two they don't like that clean smell on all the carpets, which of course we love. Hope the condo can smell this good for at least the weekend.

On a personal note, I still seem to have issues tripping when I run. I know some are aware that I struggle to stay upright. I think it was two years ago at the fort I fell and bruised a rib. This time I tripped on uneven pavement. I think after so many times falling I did better. No real damage except for oozing road rash on my knee. I have done much worse, I wish I would stop falling.

Also I received notification today that the Florida State Parks cancelled my campsite reservations down in the Keys at Bahia Honda and Curry Hammock after Christmas. So clearly they expect to be out of service for a while because of Irma.

Still got my dates at John Pennekamp in Key Largo though. Those haven't been cancelled (yet).

Bama Ed

Ed I spoke with a friend who goes to a place called Jolly Roger CG in one of the keys for Feb, and he says based on Google earth it was a total loss. He and his wife are now looking into alternatives

Kris, have U seen a doctor about you falling? When you bruised your ribs, maybe you hit your head not knowing with the ribs hurting? Prayers you will not fall again.

Yep, BamaEd was the gracious host as always before the games. These seats were upper deck on the East side so we were in the sun the first quarter but not bad. It was my youngests's first game to go to.
IMAG0608.jpg

She lasted to the third quarter which was longer than I thought.

Oh yeah, Ed had cooked up a custard pie and folks I gotta say, the man has a talent in the kitchen.

However, Ed, in future reference, it is not wise to let the 6 y/o hand le the can of Reddi Whip on her own.

Thanks again man!

I think this is a friend of Bama Ed's, not next to the power post, as s/he is a little confused and lost.Screen Shot 2017-09-17 at 1.19.27 PM.png

Last edited:
Am so glad nothing bad happened with the snake bite. That is very scary.

We had unhappy dogs today. We needed to clean the floors. That meant one making them stay in the study and two they don't like that clean smell on all the carpets, which of course we love. Hope the condo can smell this good for at least the weekend.

On a personal note, I still seem to have issues tripping when I run. I know some are aware that I struggle to stay upright. I think it was two years ago at the fort I fell and bruised a rib. This time I tripped on uneven pavement. I think after so many times falling I did better. No real damage except for oozing road rash on my knee. I have done much worse, I wish I would stop falling.
Kris, you just wanted Yeti to know that you really feel his pain! Does Yeti comfort you while Bert bandages your leg??

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!