The DisFort's Chit Chat Cafe

I intend to find out...:stir:

Well whatever you do, stay away from the Hotel Monteleone on Royal Street in the Quarter, tiggerdad.

Years ago in a prior corporate position I was REQUIRED to attend a Wednesday-Friday conference for five straight years the week before Mardi Gras.

It was tough duty.

The location for decades was and is the Hotel Monteleone, a large excellent family run hotel (for decades) in the Quarter (we both stayed there and met there). One feature of hotel was its Carousel Bar. You can see a portion of the Carousel Bar in the windows to the right of the front door in the first picture.

59660850.jpg

5-carousel-bar-hotel-monteleone.jpg

Yes, the Carousel Bar slowly turns in the middle of the room (the curved windows on the right face Royal Street).

Don't go here, tiggerdad - it's dangerous.

Bama Ed

PS - I refuse to address the rumors that I was thrown off my chair by the whirling carousel one night. :jester: Something must have malfunctioned because it was turning awfully fast when I supposedly came off. Nobody else felt it surge ....

Last edited:

The mentioned hotel and bar mentioned was actually in the picture I posted. Just behind the Wyndam. So only a block away. It was raining so I ordered room service (not my bill...:rolleyes1) NY strip, corn and bacon with grilled asparagus (now hooked on it) and cheesecake.
IMAG1481.jpg

IMAG1482.jpg

IMAG1483.jpg

By then the rain had stopped so I headed that way...just like I was told not to. Apparently there was a bourbon party or contest going on as the place was mobbed.

I did go on over to Bourbon St. However the rain returned and I was forced to abandon. Oh well, maybe next time.

Of course I do :)
We will be having discussions with Dear Mrs. Bert's Mom about this conduct

The mentioned hotel and bar mentioned was actually in the picture I posted. Just behind the Wyndam. So only a block away. It was raining so I ordered room service (not my bill...:rolleyes1) NY strip, corn and bacon with grilled asparagus (now hooked on it) and cheesecake.
View attachment 364450

View attachment 364451

View attachment 364452

By then the rain had stopped so I headed that way...just like I was told not to. Apparently there was a bourbon party or contest going on as the place was mobbed.

I did go on over to Bourbon St. However the rain returned and I was forced to abandon. Oh well, maybe next time.
Love Grilled Asparagus. It was for me a great find a few years back when we accidentally ended up at BOMA in AKL for breakfast As for your Mis-Adventures in NOLA looks like The FORCE is acting on you

We will be having discussions with Dear Mrs. Bert's Mom about this conduct What can I say? Kris does what she wants!

Love Grilled Asparagus. It was for me a great find a few years back when we accidentally ended up at BOMA in AKL for breakfast As for your Mis-Adventures in NOLA looks like The FORCE is acting on you

I would remind you Mrs. Bert's Mom she also kisses You and Your Little Baby Boy with those lips.

Well after a 4 month wait we got our camper back from the shop, just in time to winterize it and store it. Good news is that the warranty covered two ac units which where bad. Also the dealer cover the leveling system that was going crazy, turns up back in May I had one of the hydraulic Jack's replaced that was leaking hydraulic fluid. The tech crossed the two hydraulic lines and the system never worked correctly since. Fingers crossed all the bugs have been fixed.

Well after a 4 month wait we got our camper back from the shop, just in time to winterize it and store it. Good news is that the warranty covered two ac units which where bad. Also the dealer cover the leveling system that was going crazy, turns up back in May I had one of the hydraulic Jack's replaced that was leaking hydraulic fluid. The tech crossed the two hydraulic lines and the system never worked correctly since. Fingers crossed all the bugs have been fixed.

Good deal.

Oh, and congratulations in advance for this weekend.

Well after a 4 month wait we got our camper back from the shop. The tech crossed the two hydraulic lines and the system never worked correctly since. Fingers crossed all the bugs have been fixed.
Glad you finally have it back. Were your A/C units part of the recall that was out a couple of years ago?

Don't you love those dealer inflicted injuries. (hydraulic lines) At least they covered it.

j

. is it to keep the snow from falling on the concrete before it cures?

Yes, and also if we need to put a heater inside to keep temps warm so the concrete doesn’t freeze. If the concrete gets moisture on it during the finishing process it can take longer to finish.

Here’s a pic from yesterday, we had the concrete on the ground by 9 am and didn’t finish until 2 am. This was on the lake and the wind was blowing to hard to build a tent, that and it snowed until about 9:30 at night. In this case we just kept covering and uncovering with poly.

8CF7C9DB-A94B-4071-8D3C-06B8AC8AD186.jpeg

Yes, and also if we need to put a heater inside to keep temps warm so the concrete doesn’t freeze. If the concrete gets moisture on it during the finishing process it can take longer to finish.

Here’s a pic from yesterday, we had the concrete on the ground by 9 am and didn’t finish until 2 am. This was on the lake and the wind was blowing to hard to build a tent, that and it snowed until about 9:30 at night. In this case we just kept covering and uncovering with poly.

View attachment 366412

WHEW. You know- we Texans like to think we are tough, but I think anyone that works in snow is made of steel!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts