The DisFort's Chit Chat Cafe

Well as it always goes, dropped trailer off at dealership and they say they can not get the GFCI to trip. It will not reset and stay any place we stay. UGH. I sent them a video of the problem thru dropbox. Bet I have a bad ground somewhere and I know they don't want to drop the bottom to find it. This is the 2nd time back to the dealer for the same problem.

Why can't anything be easy.:badpc:

I don't know why it is so hard to find good mechanics. Instead of just plugging it in a saying it didn't trip (I bet their shop doesn't have an effective ground), one of these would be a good start.

51vimCh2evL._SX425_.jpg

j

I have to call them and schedule to pick up our trailer. Yes I have a couple of those testers floating around. DW and I have talked about it, and wonder if our surge protector may not be causing the problem. Once we get it back here, I will have to start trouble shooting and see what happens. Also looking at installing an Electrical Management System, and using a permanent one.

Also need to get on with a project or two for the trailer.....if only there were 25 hours in a 8 day week.

Randy having a lot of electrical issues with his as well. As far as I know he's still waiting to hear about his since he dropped it off at the dealer.

Makes a tent not sound so bad now that I think about it...

Randy having a lot of electrical issues with his as well. As far as I know he's still waiting to hear about his since he dropped it off at the dealer.

Makes a tent not sound so bad now that I think about it...

They checked my power cord, and it appears fine, they had no problems with it. So once it comes back we will test it without the surge protector and see if that is what has been causing our issue. Then have to work on how to fix and protect the trailer.
Sorry to hear Randy is continuing to have issues also. Yes makes a tent look like a good option......

Got license plate tags for the family fleet today. My 05 Suburban, the tow vehicle which is approaching 230k miles, was $28. I was like ...

Had to renew my drivers license this week, $114.50 for the 4 years.

Had to renew my drivers license this week, $114.50 for the 4 years.
No wonder your gas is so high. My plates on the cars are $101/ YEAR. The truck is $158 each year. We don't have a personal property tax though. Maybe that's why Illinois is broke. o_O

j

Just bought my truck tag, 2012 F-250, still $200. My wife's 2011 4-runner is $150. The camper was running me about $150 a year, but I stopped buying them as I figured the ticket for the camper with expired tag was significantly less than buying tag each year.

Just bought my truck tag, 2012 F-250, still $200. My wife's 2011 4-runner is $150. The camper was running me about $150 a year, but I stopped buying them as I figured the ticket for the camper with expired tag was significantly less than buying tag each year.

The cars are not too bad for tags here in PA. Our small truck on the other hand is a whopper. Our truck tag per year for our weight class is nearly $900. The trailer has a permanent tag on it, was the cheapest way to go, pay a couple hundred once and never pay again.

Well more prayers needed for Mallory and mommy. She has had for quite sometime an egg sized fatty tumor on her belly. It was biopsied and came back benign so the vet said let it be. Well last night it burst. Of course we did not realize it until tonight when changing her hip bandage. Right now two wounds. Cleaned it up as best we could and off to the vet tomorrow we go. Already have an appointment for her rehab vet now need to add regular vet. Tomorrow was not the day I wanted to be driving in and out of the city with super bowl traffic. Hope we are back before it’s bad.

Thanks Mike. We are pretty versed in wound care after yeti. I think we did a good job with Mallory but will still have vet check her tomorrow. She has not been on antibiotics yet so am always careful.

Better to go have her looked at and appropriate medical care provided for her well being and you peace of mind

After a very full day of appointments, we are home. Yes Mallory’s fatty cyst burst. Vet cleaned it up and bandaged her. She looks a lot like yeti did for so long. We did do the injectible antibiotic that should also aid in healing.

We then went to the rehab vet. Our big question for her was should Mallory get training wheels for her cart, or do we get a new quad cart. Vet was a bit like it’s your call. Training wheels are expensive, quad cart will be very expensive. However she is so happy I am leaning towards the quad cart. Issue is how long would she use it. She is probably 13 now. She has used the current cart for 5 years. I really don’t want to get training wheels then need a quad cart. It’s so hard, I always thought if she can’t walk at all I would put her down, but now I don’t think that way. If she is still happy, engaged and eating, I would take care of her.

Now we have a green bandage too.

EA98087C-E6AE-45BA-8D2E-4A481D90BFCB.jpeg

3EE3C069-2D5C-4D28-B26C-84D5A227299F.jpeg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter