The Disneyland Hotel Superthread

100% I don’t buy it either but I cannot get anymore info. I tried asking on Twitter and they told me to call. Told them very politely I called and there was no more info when I called, that somebody at Disneyland had to know what was happening so I hoped the Twitter team could help me. DL Today ghosted me at that point lol.

The duration of project and mention of rooms being unavailable are what concerned me this could be a big type refurb and that is not something I want to deal with on my trip...

This sounds like a full refurb to me. DH has worked on many hotel refurbs, and the way they are usually done is, they block off a wing on a floor, then each trade has a certain amount of time to do their type of work. Once that wing is finished, it is turned back over and another is blocked off. They will fit in the common areas (restaurants, bathrooms, elevator lobbies, front desk, lobby, sundries store, in all of that time. First a mock up will be done. Perhaps someone knows something about that? Hope we will hear something soon.

Have the rooms been refurbished at all since they re-themed them? We stayed in December 2009, my son was 2 months old and they were in the process of refurbishing to the new style of rooms with the light up headboards. I remember because they had a killer rate for the old style rooms. Just curious if anything has been done since then? Maybe that is what this is about? (A refresh, not a re-theme.)

Have the rooms been refurbished at all since they re-themed them? We stayed in December 2009, my son was 2 months old and they were in the process of refurbishing to the new style of rooms with the light up headboards. I remember because they had a killer rate for the old style rooms. Just curious if anything has been done since then? Maybe that is what this is about? (A refresh, not a re-theme.)
We were there in January 2017 and the rooms had the "new" light up headboards.

We were there in January 2017 and the rooms had the "new" light up headboards.
Yes, that is what they did in 2009...I meant has any kind of refurbishment happened since then. Like replacing carpeting, updating furniture, etc. I LOVE the light up headboards! So neat =)

Random question - the WDW resorts have their own Disney Resort TV station with park hours and instrumental Disney music. It is legit one of my favorite things about staying on property there. Does The Disneyland Hotel have this??

Random question - the WDW resorts have their own Disney Resort TV station with park hours and instrumental Disney music. It is legit one of my favorite things about staying on property there. Does The Disneyland Hotel have this??

Yes, the DLR properties have the Disneyland Today channel on the hotel room TVs. I am a fan as well and have found a few on YouTube that I stream every once in awhile. 😁

Yes, that is what they did in 2009...I meant has any kind of refurbishment happened since then. Like replacing carpeting, updating furniture, etc. I LOVE the light up headboards! So neat =)

No, nothing has been updated since then. I have always been really lucky with our rooms there, but I have heard complaints that furniture, carpets, etc are looking “worn”in a lot of rooms. I am assuming this is what is being addressed in this “soft” renovation (as a PP called it).

No, nothing has been updated since then. I have always been really lucky with our rooms there, but I have heard complaints that furniture, carpets, etc are looking “worn”in a lot of rooms. I am assuming this is what is being addressed in this “soft” renovation (as a PP called it).
That is what I assuming as well! Otherwise, I think this would be bigger news on all the disney sites...

Yes, the DLR properties have the Disneyland Today channel on the hotel room TVs. I am a fan as well and have found a few on YouTube that I stream every once in awhile. 😁

I do this, too! Well actually I prefer to listen to Sorcerer Radio (srsounds.com) to get all the Disney music. I also use Disney scented oils in my office. My coworkers think I am obsessed. They aren't wrong. :o)

While I was checking out Dapper Day rates, I came across this:
Hotel Refurbishment - Disneyland Hotel

c1356c4bf8ecdce03a7f891d87bf76a1.png

Disneyland Hotel begins a magical guest room enhancement February 2, finishing fall 2020. Guests may see and hear construction in various areas, but to minimize disruptions, work with the highest noise potential will occur between 9 a.m. and 5 p.m. All of the Hotel’s unique amenities will remain available, including shopping, dining and pools. If you have questions about your reservation please call (714)520-5005. All construction and reopening dates are subject to change.
Hide details

I called that number today, and the CM said that at this point, that statement is all they know. He suggested calling back the second week of February, once work is under way, and he would be able to give me a better idea of the scope of the work.

DH says hotel staff usually say "enhancements" instead of refurbishment because less people cancel with that wording.

I thought Disneyland Hotel had activities at the resort. I’ve seen a movie night and tour. Is there more? We went through grand California and I thought they had more. How old do you have to be for the tour?

I have a res. for September and got a letter warning of the pending updates. I figure hearing so far in advance that it has to be significant. I am not sure I am willing to pay the inflated rated to stay with this going on.

I have a res. for September and got a letter warning of the pending updates. I figure hearing so far in advance that it has to be significant. I am not sure I am willing to pay the inflated rated to stay with this going on.
Did you book through Disney and get a letter from Disney? Via email or snail mail? I have a res for Apr and haven't been notified of anything. Does it have anymore info beyond what we already know? (which is they will not have disruptive noises between 5pm-9am - also we know that is, uh, "untrue" given their past history :( )

Hi, I was notified via email from disney travel. I booked via phone call to disney. It just said what we already know. So far in advance cant possibly be a small refurb. That a 9 month ahead warning! This is my first time back since childhood and Im
Definitely on the fence about spending to say there.

Hello! We are looking at changing over our reservation from Hojo to DH. We've stayed at the PP, which had a Keurig (as does the Hojo). What style does the DH currently have? Coffee as a half awake mom with hair in all directions is a big thing in my world. 🤣
**edit** On a dig, I found that they are Cuisinart. Sounds like those are not overly popular. So, leading into my next question...as we look at PP vs. DH, what would make DH the hotel to try this time instead of staying at PP again?

Last edited:
Hello! We are looking at changing over our reservation from Hojo to DH. We've stayed at the PP, which had a Keurig (as does the Hojo). What style does the DH currently have? Coffee as a half awake mom with hair in all directions is a big thing in my world. 🤣
**edit** On a dig, I found that they are Cuisinart. Sounds like those are not overly popular. So, leading into my next question...as we look at PP vs. DH, what would make DH the hotel to try this time instead of staying at PP again?
Correct me if I'm wrong but I don't think there is an easy way to walk to Disneyland from PP... HOJO is closer. Disneyland Hotel is way closer than PP and it's closer to Downtown Disney so you've got some good cheap food options.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!