'The Dreams That you Wish Will Come True'.. A DLP PTR - My 1st one!

Nice planning! Good thing you're going to paris itself! I have never been there :(
I still find it a shame that we're not together there!! so close! haha
but i'm excited for the next part! (and our trips :D )
xoxox

Yay, thank you!! Ahhh, that's lovely - glad you had such a nice time! Is your boyfriend a big Disney fan??

YESSSS - Earl Of Sandwich is AMAZING! Every time we go to Walt Disney World we visit there about 4 times haha, love the sandwiches! That sounds really nice, to be able to sit and look out over the lake :lovestruc!

I'm glad you had no complaints! Is there a particular good part of the hotel to stay in? I've looked at the map and it looks huuuge, I don't want to be the furthest away from everything lol!

Yes he's a big disney fan thank goodness! Hahah we're already planning to go back again as we had such a good time :)

We stayed to the far left of the hotel buildings on the 'Trail of Artifacts', which looks quite far away from Reception on the map but it only took us about a minute to walk there and we could see Reception quite clearly from our room window. Staying close to Reception would probably be easier for carrying suitcases and stuff, but a room near the river would be lovely too as you have good access for walking to the parks :)

Food Plans

Okay, so as I told you all previously.. We have the Standard meal plan. So far I've only decided on evening meals, so if anybody has any suggestions for Counter Service meals, that would be great!
These are our evening meal plans:

Thursday 25th October:
Annette's Diner

Friday 26th October:
Plaza Gardens Restaurant

Saturday 27th October:
Agrabah Cafe

Sunday 28th October:
Restaurant Des Stars

We have chosen mostly Buffet Restaurants as those work well for us. We like trying lots of different foods! And I chose Annette's Diner because everybody seems to eat there haha :p and I LOVE burgers!!
Has anybody ate at any of these?? Just want to make sure I'm making the right choices! I've read somewhere that you can phone up to book dining reservations, is this best to do? I don't know how busy these places will be!

ok ok ok I'm back! Woohoo! Cheekily reading and commenting during work! (It's taking me a while though because every time my editor walks past I have to flick to another webpage haha - so far this paragraph has taken me 2 hours to write, although I did just get sent on a McDonald's run for my colleagues. Apparently I wasn't busy enough! Haha)

But back to the regular commenting...

Your plans looks awesome, there is always a mad frenzy before you leave, I think it's the law, there needs to be! Haha.

I love that you're spending a day in Paris itself though, there's a direct train from Marne-la-Vallee that connects you so it's really easy :) Love it! I love the Eiffel Tower, although the queue is always too long so I've never been up, make sure you see it in the dark too, it's so pretty! Shopping is never a bad thing either, spend spend spend!! Haha

I absolutely love the Studios entrance (you'll see what I mean when you walk in - it's a giant sound stage) it gets me so excited! Make sure you hit Crushs's coaster first and then Toy Story land (I forget the actual name for it!) they get uber busy! and Tower of Terror, I swear some how it's scarier in French! It petrified me!!

Boo for leaving! That is all!

Oooh food!

Annette's Diner. Good choice! :thumbsup I think I've already told you how much I love it in there haha. I've never eaten at any of the other places but I've heard that the Plaza Gardens restaurant is incredible too!

I'm not sure if you can book Annette's, I seem to remember we try everytime but they always say no. That being said it might be different with the meal plan, try it! Haha.

Also, I think this may be the last time I comment before I leave (woo-hoo for the leaving but boo for the missing out on updates!) so don't hate me for my silence :p

Sounds like a great trp- we went last Halloween and loved it. Decorations were fab! (may try and go again this year!)

Cute! I'm going for my birthday too, with my man for the first time (even though we have been loads to DLP and technically met on the DIS, we've never been together and I just can't wait!) Lovely PTR, I'm far too lazy to stick loads of pictures in mine :rotfl: I go next Saturday and am so dizzy that I think I could possibly pop at the moment!! :D

The plan is AMAZING!!! So jealous you are going to actual Paris!!! That is going to be so romantic!!! Im actually so jealous now its crazy!!!!

Your restaurant choices sound really really good!! Im so jealous!!! :D

Laura is 100% right, you want to get to the studios early then RUN to crushs coaster!! It is SUCH a good ride!!! But it breaks down alot so you want to get on it early!!

So excited to see what is going to come next!!!

I've missed you guys! Going to Wales with no signal was no fun!! I had to go to a specific point in the field centre to get signal!!! So stupid, everywhere needs full signal!!!

:)

Nice planning! Good thing you're going to paris itself! I have never been there :(
I still find it a shame that we're not together there!! so close! haha
but i'm excited for the next part! (and our trips :D )
xoxox

You need to go into Paris one of the next times you visit Disneyland! It's beautiful :). I know :( our trips are only like a week apart as well, it's rubbish! What's the weather like over there in October? I don't know what to pack! lol xxx

Yes he's a big disney fan thank goodness! Hahah we're already planning to go back again as we had such a good time :)

We stayed to the far left of the hotel buildings on the 'Trail of Artifacts', which looks quite far away from Reception on the map but it only took us about a minute to walk there and we could see Reception quite clearly from our room window. Staying close to Reception would probably be easier for carrying suitcases and stuff, but a room near the river would be lovely too as you have good access for walking to the parks :)

Ahhh, that's lovely! I hope you book to go back again very soon.

Thank you for all the info, it just looks like such a huuuge hotel on the map and I don't want to be stuck in the furthest room away from anything haha. How was the breakfast there? I've heard it gets super busy the later you go down!?

Sounds like a great trp- we went last Halloween and loved it. Decorations were fab! (may try and go again this year!)

Thank you, I'm so excited! Glad to hear you had a good time last year - I think you should defo book to go again :thumbsup2. Can't wait to see the decorations!

Cute! I'm going for my birthday too, with my man for the first time (even though we have been loads to DLP and technically met on the DIS, we've never been together and I just can't wait!) Lovely PTR, I'm far too lazy to stick loads of pictures in mine :rotfl: I go next Saturday and am so dizzy that I think I could possibly pop at the moment!! :D

AWWW! That's so cute! :lovestruc I'm sure you are going to have an amazing time there together. Thank you, It's my first TR of any kind so glad you like it. Ooo, have you got a PTR?! I want to read it if you have!
Not long until you go then! Have an amazing, magical time!!! pixiedust:

Hey girl! It's Marissa from twitter. I'm really excited about this! I don't know a darn thing about DLP, unfortunately, so I can't be of any help. However, I'm still very interested to hear all your plans and I'll be excited to hear about the trip once you get back too! :goodvibes

ok ok ok I'm back! Woohoo! Cheekily reading and commenting during work! (It's taking me a while though because every time my editor walks past I have to flick to another webpage haha - so far this paragraph has taken me 2 hours to write, although I did just get sent on a McDonald's run for my colleagues. Apparently I wasn't busy enough! Haha)

But back to the regular commenting...

Your plans looks awesome, there is always a mad frenzy before you leave, I think it's the law, there needs to be! Haha.

I love that you're spending a day in Paris itself though, there's a direct train from Marne-la-Vallee that connects you so it's really easy :) Love it! I love the Eiffel Tower, although the queue is always too long so I've never been up, make sure you see it in the dark too, it's so pretty! Shopping is never a bad thing either, spend spend spend!! Haha

I absolutely love the Studios entrance (you'll see what I mean when you walk in - it's a giant sound stage) it gets me so excited! Make sure you hit Crushs's coaster first and then Toy Story land (I forget the actual name for it!) they get uber busy! and Tower of Terror, I swear some how it's scarier in French! It petrified me!!

Boo for leaving! That is all!

Oooh food!

Annette's Diner. Good choice! :thumbsup I think I've already told you how much I love it in there haha. I've never eaten at any of the other places but I've heard that the Plaza Gardens restaurant is incredible too!

I'm not sure if you can book Annette's, I seem to remember we try everytime but they always say no. That being said it might be different with the meal plan, try it! Haha.

Also, I think this may be the last time I comment before I leave (woo-hoo for the leaving but boo for the missing out on updates!) so don't hate me for my silence :p

Ahhh yes, I remember that Mcdonalds trip you got sent on - you didn't have anything & I told you off as it wasn't good training for the USA haha ;).

I know, I always think I've forgotten something like my phone charger or hair brush. Then I spend the next half hour looking through my things to see if I've got them :rolleyes2 I'm such a worrier. Now I just worry about what Andy's packed (he always try's to leave things till the day before, this puts me so on edge lol)!

Yeah I read about the train, I'm just worried I'll get off at the wrong stop (see worrying again)!! I'm really looking forward to the day in Paris :artist: - that smiley just reminds me of Paris haha. Can't wait for the shopping, don't know how I'm gonna get it all home though. I need to check my luggage weight before I go - please remind me to do this lol!

I can't wait for our day at the Studios, other than seeing the castle, I think this is what I'm most looking forward to. I LOVE Tower of Terror in WDW, one of my fave rides, so I'm glad the DLP one is scary :thumbsup2.

I hope your having an amazing time in WDW, I'm still super jealous .. It's raining & cold here. I've just booked my airport parking to cheer myself up lol!!

The plan is AMAZING!!! So jealous you are going to actual Paris!!! That is going to be so romantic!!! Im actually so jealous now its crazy!!!!

Your restaurant choices sound really really good!! Im so jealous!!! :D

Laura is 100% right, you want to get to the studios early then RUN to crushs coaster!! It is SUCH a good ride!!! But it breaks down alot so you want to get on it early!!

So excited to see what is going to come next!!!

I've missed you guys! Going to Wales with no signal was no fun!! I had to go to a specific point in the field centre to get signal!!! So stupid, everywhere needs full signal!!!

:)

I can't wait!! EEEEKKK, I'm so excited haha! It's so nice that we get to do something romantic together.. When we are at home we don't really have time with work, gym etc :(.

Well I chose mostly buffets because they are my fave ;) who doesn't love food!? I saw some pictures of the desserts at The Plaza Garden Restaurant - OMG I AM IN LOVE. I will probably come back about 4 clothes sizes bigger but who cares!

OOOO.. what exactly is Crushes coaster?? I think I read a little bit about it, but can't remember :(.

I missed you as well!! Having no signal is rubbish - I hardly get any at Andy's, stresses me out when somebody calls me & it's just crackling lol. Well, now your in sunny Spain getting a tan & I'm stuck here. This is just not fair :(.

Hey girl! It's Marissa from twitter. I'm really excited about this! I don't know a darn thing about DLP, unfortunately, so I can't be of any help. However, I'm still very interested to hear all your plans and I'll be excited to hear about the trip once you get back too! :goodvibes

Hi sweet!! :) Well, we are in the same boat at the moment, because I don't really have a clue about DLP either lol! Thank you - I can't wait to write the trip report and share it all with you :thumbsup2

Change of Plans

Well, we've had a little chat over the last few days and have made some changes to our plans. We were originally going to drive to Birmingham airport in the morning, but as we had to park the car, catch the shuttle to the terminal AND be there 2 hours before, we were going to have to leave home mega early!

So we decided on an overnight stay at an airport hotel the night before - this makes it so much easier for us! I've been looking at prices over the last few days and eventually settled on the Travelodge near BHX airport!

TravelodgeBirminghamAirportExterior-500.jpg

It's a pretty basic hotel, but for only £25, I can't really complain!

Most of the rooms have this view:

ATC_BHX_20120203-1.jpg

Which is pretty cool!! We can spend the evening plane watching and getting excited that it will be our turn to jet off the following morning.

I have also booked the airport parking through airparks.co.uk. It was originally going to be £15.99, but I had a discount code so I only ended up paying £14.00! Every little penny counts!! :thumbsup2

Heyyyy :D I'm back! Woohoo! I'm so excited this is coming so soon now! Time is flying, this time last month I was counting down to my trip, can't believe that's all over now and we're counting down to yours (not that that is in any way a bad thing!)

Oooh hotels before you go on holiday always make things that bit more exciting! It gets you into holiday mode so much earlier! I love it! And at £25 that's incredible! Yay for travel lodges!

Eek I can't believe quit your worrying! (I am def not one to talk but oh well) seriously, if you miss the stop you miss the stop! It all adds to the adventure! We decided to just let go this holiday and it made it SO much better! :)

Excited for you! :D

Ps that McDonalds trip made my car smell for days, unimpressed! And given how much I ate in WDW I'm glad I didn't have one, I'd be the size of a whale otherwise!

Your PTR is brilliant! I'm sure your trip will be amazing. I stayed in the Santa Fe in 2005 and have very fond memories :goodvibes . Definitely go to Hakuna Matata for lunch one day, I am still dreaming about their chicken strips a month later...

Shopping

Well I haven't update in a while.. That long in fact that it is now only 18 DAYS until we are in DLP!!! :jumping1: I'm far too excited, I can't concentrate on anything else I'm meant to be doing in my life! All I can think about is seeing Mickey again, eating Disney food, seeing Dreams and the parade and also seeing the castle for the first time. Ahhh, I just can't wait. :cloud9:

Anyway, back to the point of this update.. I have been doing a little bit of shopping for our trip. I checked the weather forecast for Paris recently and it was showing temperatures of 10 degrees as the highest and 3 as the lowest!! I definitely need to pack my jumpers.

Sooo, I have some new clothes;

IMG_0329.jpg

White Jumper

IMG_0326.jpg

Checked Shirt

IMG_0332.jpg

Space Leggings (to wear with the white jumper)!

IMG_0331.jpg

Aztec Scarf (to also match the jumper & leggings)

I've also done some toiletries and food shopping. I thought we'd take some snacky items instead of paying the prices withing the parks;​

IMG_0336.jpg

We are going to take the drinks (got to get some more yet) and snack bars with us into the parks. The pringles are mainly for the day we go into Paris City, as we will be taking sandwiches too. Biscuits & Chocolate is just purely because I know Andy will be starving :rolleyes2 constantly.

IMG_0337.jpg

Not doing too well with the Toiletries yet!

IMG_0334.jpg

Also got to umbrella's - just in case. Don't want to be looking like a drowned rat just before one of our sit down meals ;).

We have a bit more shopping to do yet - Andy needs some jumpers & some warm shoes! I will post the rest of our goods in the next update :thumbsup2 just wanted to do a quick one today to let you know what I'd been up to!

Ooh love that white jumper and the scarf, too nice! :D I am a bit of a scarf hoarder haha. Good idea taking snacks, especially if Andy gets hungry constantly!! Can't believe it's so close, eeeep! So excited for you! :D

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter