The Dress Shop on Cherry Tree Lane

I broke down and bought the "slinky" HM dress. Totally guessed on the size since I have nothing else in this style from sD yet. Since it's stretchy, I almost went with my normal size, but decided to go up one just in case. I figure I can have it tailored if it's way too big.

I'm 5'1" 120 with a 32DD bust and normally wear an S in the other styles. I ordered a Medium.

I broke down and bought the "slinky" HM dress. Totally guessed on the size since I have nothing else in this style from sD yet. Since it's stretchy, I almost went with my normal size, but decided to go up one just in case. I figure I can have it tailored if it's way too big.

I'm 5'1" 120 and normally wear an S in the other styles. I ordered a Medium.
I think I’m going to go with a large. I feel like I am generally a medium in a half so hopefully that works.

@The Expert & @Poohbear538
I’m late to the party, but if that fits like the Fantasia dress, size up. I’m a medium and wished on every potato chip I’ve ever eaten that I’d gotten a large in it! However, the hubby loves me in it.

IF the wallpaper dress is still available Friday, I’m ordering it in a large.....I’m trying to hold myself accountable somehow...so Friday...or maybe Thursday night...

I just counted my dresses, and realized that once I get the two I just ordered, I will have 11. At least between my sister and I, we'll have 11 that we share, since we are roommates...😮

And there was a time when I said I wouldn't buy any...

I’m now ashamed to say how many I’ll have once my 2 HM dresses show up....

Although, I did tell my husband last night, after ordering the 2nd HM dress, that he could sell all my Dooneys and dresses when I die and it would be more than enough to pay for my funeral.....especially at the prices we saw on eBay and Mercari last night! 🤣

Sorry, I’m a PK (preacher’s kid) so had to attend a lot of funerals growing up. I think it’s warped my sense of humor.

Too bad we can’t have a sub sub thread for pictures LOL! I have a question for those of you who have made your halter dresses into straps. Did you just do a straight line from the front to back or did you angle them slightly? I went to do mine but since I’m not totally confident in my sewing skills i didn’t commit. When I pinned mine straight the strap didn’t lay flat. I wasn’t sure if it was because I just had it pinned or if that’s what would happened. 🤔

I’m now ashamed to say how many I’ll have once my 2 HM dresses show up....

Although, I did tell my husband last night, after ordering the 2nd HM dress, that he could sell all my Dooneys and dresses when I die and it would be more than enough to pay for my funeral.....especially at the prices we saw on eBay and Mercari last night! 🤣

Sorry, I’m a PK (preacher’s kid) so had to attend a lot of funerals growing up. I think it’s warped my sense of humor.
You should not be ashamed. We work hard for what we have. But I am curious, how many do you have??? LOL!

Aren’t the prices on those sometimes insane?? I refuse to buy when they are selling it used and more than what I can get it brand new. I got quite a few good deals with tags and all, like $60 good. But I will not contribute to the madness. It only makes them buy them up more and leaves less for those of us who only want 1.

LOL! It creeps up on you doesn’t it. I only started buying them in 2019 and have about 11.

I hear you ladies! It's so easy to buy these beautiful dresses!

Here's the thing with the Halter straps, the front straps are slightly angled ~ those should be corrected first. Some do and some don't, it's really a matter of preference. However, it will cause a slight gap when you sew the straps to the back. If you want your straps to lay flat and in line with your bra, you need to remove the straps, put the dress on wearing the bra you plan on using with said dress, lay the straps on the bra straps and pin them in. It is a two person job unless you have a dress form.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter