The DVC Members waiting on Gold AP to go on sale

Ok friends, take this with a grain of salt. I just got off the line with MS and asked whether I would be able to upgrade from a base ticket to a Gold pass over the phone once they go back up for sale. Apparently ticket services can't apply the DVC discount over the phone, it has to be done in person. The CM recommended that I wait since discounted APs for DVC members should be available again by the beginning of the year, small possibility during the holidays but more likely beginning of the year. I don't actually need them right now as our next trip won't be until fall of next year, it would just be nice to get ticket purchases out of the way from a budgeting standpoint. Guess I'll wait a couple more months and see how things transpire. At minimum, I'm optimistic that we'll see a DVC discount. 🙂

Not sure if it was posted in here but someone was talking about possibly getting a post credit for tickets used even. So if your trip was in December and they start selling APs in January you possibly could get a credit for that previously used ticket when APs were not sold. The person said something about a note on their profile I think so it likely is a thing where if you want even that 1% chance that its true you want to make sure to go in to ticket service area when at the parks to see if they can put a note on your account.

0 clue if this is true or not.

if they don't bring back the AP, i don't know what we're going to do. And i mean, any AP, though preferably the gold.
We're scheduled for 24 days in july/august 2021.
There's no way to visit WDW for 24 days without an AP.
it they don't bring it back, we'll have to cancel. No alternative.

if they don't bring back the AP, i don't know what we're going to do. And i mean, any AP, though preferably the gold.
We're scheduled for 24 days in july/august 2021.
There's no way to visit WDW for 24 days without an AP.
it they don't bring it back, we'll have to cancel. No alternative.

Same, we visit from the UK and tend to make two 14 day trips each year - without APs we're in trouble to be honest.

normally we buy the UK 21 day ultimate, but that's not available either right now and it's not clear whether they'll bring that one back...

Exactly, we have a 14 day ticket for April 2021, but were planning another 14 days in December 2021, so we really planning on upgrading that ticket to a gold AP to cover December. Especially since the ultimate tickets aren't even an option for Sept - Dec next year, pretty unsure what we're gonna do.

I've heard nothing. I am now sitting on my 3rd rescheduled trip in December with another in April. If there are no APs by mid-November I'm cancelling. There is no way I'll but two sets of tickets over 4 months.

I've heard nothing. I am now sitting on my 3rd rescheduled trip in December with another in April. If there are no APs by mid-November I'm cancelling. There is no way I'll but two sets of tickets over 4 months.

i think a lot of us are in this position. We have a trip in March to use up 300+ banked points and are already preparing for no tickets.

Someone mentioned that they went to GS about wanting to upgrade tickets while one the trip and they made a note so that these tickets could be used once they did.

Someone mentioned that they went to GS about wanting to upgrade tickets while one the trip and they made a note so that these tickets could be used once they did.
I thought that I read that someone else tried that and they were shut down. I'll try to remember who that was but they were not particularly happy. I don't want to risk thousands of dollars on the whim of the GS CM that day. I'd rather just cancel and wait until April.

What I find very strange is that they are still offering AP discounts but no APs! I can wait, though.

I thought that I read that someone else tried that and they were shut down. I'll try to remember who that was but they were not particularly happy. I don't want to risk thousands of dollars on the whim of the GS CM that day. I'd rather just cancel and wait until April.

What I find very strange is that they are still offering AP discounts but no APs! I can wait, though.

I didn’t see that but yeah, not worth the risk if we have different reports.

I had two different experiences with asking to apply the cost of my tickets to a future AP upgrade.

I bought 4-day Florida resident tickets for my daughter and myself. The first day we used them we went to get them activated, and I asked the CM if he knew when APs would be going on sale because we would have preferred to have purchased those rather than day tickets. He said they didn't know yet, then said he would put a note in our file (I don't remember if he used the word "file" or maybe "account" or whatever but it was something like that) that would allow us to apply the cost of our tickets toward APs when they become available for purchase. He acted like it was no big deal.

Then my husband and son decided to come with us on a later visit so I bought them tickets. When I went to activate them I asked about putting a note in our file regarding these tickets as well. She didn't seem to understand what I was talking about. I explained what the previous CM had supposedly done for us, starting to wonder if he had actually put anything in our file. She ended up calling another CM over who looked at the monitor for a minute and clicked a few things and finally said that yes we did have a note attached to our account but acted like this was a tremendous amount of pixie dust and couldn't tell me if the "note" would cover these new tickets I had purchased too.

I guess I'll see what happens when APs go on sale and I try to buy them. I'm planing on going in person to buy them in case that helps. I'll take whatever I can get.

The funny thing is I really want to go again which would mean buying another set of tickets. I could just see me going again and again and then trying to apply the cost of all the tickets I've bought when APs finally go on sale-- and trying to get my APs basically for free!

I had two different experiences with asking to apply the cost of my tickets to a future AP upgrade.

I bought 4-day Florida resident tickets for my daughter and myself. The first day we used them we went to get them activated, and I asked the CM if he knew when APs would be going on sale because we would have preferred to have purchased those rather than day tickets. He said they didn't know yet, then said he would put a note in our file (I don't remember if he used the word "file" or maybe "account" or whatever but it was something like that) that would allow us to apply the cost of our tickets toward APs when they become available for purchase. He acted like it was no big deal.

Then my husband and son decided to come with us on a later visit so I bought them tickets. When I went to activate them I asked about putting a note in our file regarding these tickets as well. She didn't seem to understand what I was talking about. I explained what the previous CM had supposedly done for us, starting to wonder if he had actually put anything in our file. She ended up calling another CM over who looked at the monitor for a minute and clicked a few things and finally said that yes we did have a note attached to our account but acted like this was a tremendous amount of pixie dust and couldn't tell me if the "note" would cover these new tickets I had purchased too.

I guess I'll see what happens when APs go on sale and I try to buy them. I'm planing on going in person to buy them in case that helps. I'll take whatever I can get.

The funny thing is I really want to go again which would mean buying another set of tickets. I could just see me going again and again and then trying to apply the cost of all the tickets I've bought when APs finally go on sale-- and trying to get my APs basically for free!
Hopefully if a possibility they don't make the activation date the first day you used your oldest ticket value you want applied.

Hopefully if a possibility they don't make the activation date the first day you used your oldest ticket value you want applied.

Yes, I'd think IF they let you apply previous ticket purchases to an AP purchase, the activation date is the first day you used the standard ticket you're getting credit for.

It is the fair / sensible solution to the "I would have bought an AP if you were selling them" boat many people are in right now.

That is a given as upgrades has always been from date of ticket use.

That is a given as upgrades has always been from date of ticket use.

What would make sense for them to do depends on how long it is until they start selling APs. If it's next month, it would still make sense financially, since I first used the tickets in July. But if it's not for another six months or so I would have missed out on way too much time that I could have been using the APs if I had been able to buy them. I'd rather pay full price and have an entire year to use them than get my ticket cost deducted but only have a few months left.

What would make sense for them to do depends on how long it is until they start selling APs. If it's next month, it would still make sense financially, since I first used the tickets in July. But if it's not for another six months or so I would have missed out on way too much time that I could have been using the APs if I had been able to buy them. I'd rather pay full price and have an entire year to use them than get my ticket cost deducted but only have a few months left.

Absolutely. I would not do it either if too much time has passed, but normally, tickets that have been used up can not be upgraded at a later date so if they decide to even allow that, I can’t see it coming with anything but the same rules for start date.

I am still not convinced this will happen until it does.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter