The Everything Pooh Sized Thread

Anyone have pics of themselves in a 2x or 3x Dress from the Disney springs cherry tree store? I am pear shaped and not sure on which size to order

Hi! Any tips on bathing suits for someone 5'7 and around 280 on my best day. I have thighs that I want to hide the tops of and a fat belly I don't want to look bad. Any suggestions are great.
I am the same size and carry most of my weight in the middle. I adore board shorts and blouson style tops. I get them from Kohl's and they are all I wear anymore :) I wish I had discovered them earlier than I did !!

Hi! Any tips on bathing suits for someone 5'7 and around 280 on my best day. I have thighs that I want to hide the tops of and a fat belly I don't want to look bad. Any suggestions are great.
Peplum tankinis have been really popular the last couple years. I like Torrid's clothes for just about anything, and they're pretty reasonable for swimsuits if they're on sale. They also have a Minnie Mouse swim set!

Had some friends recommend these swim shorts if you want full thigh coverage, but I don't mind having my thighs out, so I haven't tried them. I agree with Crystal_Marie about board shorts, they usually have pockets!

I am the same size and carry most of my weight in the middle. I adore board shorts and blouson style tops. I get them from Kohl's and they are all I wear anymore :) I wish I had discovered them earlier than I did !!
I adore shorts at the beach. At Coney Island I usually wear a tank and shorts, but in a pool, it's different because pools here say you need a suit. Do you have anyone say anything?
Peplum tankinis have been really popular the last couple years. I like Torrid's clothes for just about anything, and they're pretty reasonable for swimsuits if they're on sale. They also have a Minnie Mouse swim set!

Had some friends recommend these swim shorts if you want full thigh coverage, but I don't mind having my thighs out, so I haven't tried them. I agree with Crystal_Marie about board shorts, they usually have pockets!
I'm Disney bounding and plan on wearing Disney dresses and coloring my outfits to match fave characters and movies. My 12 year old said he wants to dress up too. Bowled me over because he never wants to do anything like this. He's hit the moody stage and I hope this lets him be childish. He's a kid and should have fun while he can.

Thanks to both of you for the help! I was anxious about getting in front of others in a suit. Now I'm happy and I can dip in the pool and play with the kids!

Will be 5'5 and 370 when we go to WDW. I may be pushing preschooler in stroller. Will this make it easier on my back and walking or harder? I'm seriously considering putting off the trip until I can lose weight bc I don't want to slow us down :( I was hoping by pushing preschooler in stroller, it would make it easier for me to walk because I could lean on stroller. But now i'm wondering if it could actually put more strain on my back. We are buying a new stroller so I'm open to recommendations if there is one better for back pain.
Could you rent an ecv while another person pushes the stroller? That's my plan.

No, I do not want to do that.
I totally respect that. I wasn't trying to offend, just wanted to suggest something that may help. I'm using one when I come due to physical issues besides my weight. Also physically training to be able to have endurance for walks and not feel tuckered out. I'm a formerly tall person (lost some inches due to bone loss) and can give suggestions on strollers. I love the city mini on the subway stairs and sidewalks of Manhattan. It wasn't heavy or hard to fold, has a good recline and is inexpensive for previous years. Rentals are cheap outside of disney world.

I totally respect that. I wasn't trying to offend, just wanted to suggest something that may help. I'm using one when I come due to physical issues besides my weight. Also physically training to be able to have endurance for walks and not feel tuckered out. I'm a formerly tall person (lost some inches due to bone loss) and can give suggestions on strollers. I love the city mini on the subway stairs and sidewalks of Manhattan. It wasn't heavy or hard to fold, has a good recline and is inexpensive for previous years. Rentals are cheap outside of disney world.
Oh gosh you totally didn't offend at all :) I e heard the new city minis also have extendable handles so you're not leaning forward and bending over as much when pushing. Thank you! ❤️

Oh gosh you totally didn't offend at all :) I e heard the new city minis also have extendable handles so you're not leaning forward and bending over as much when pushing. Thank you! ❤️
You're welcome and thank you. I didn't want to offend anyone with my comment and things can sound harsh read from a screen. Looks like we're both strolling hehe. I kept wondering why I never see pics of people on scooters and what the experience is like at the parks. Well.

People cut you off and it's easier to get stranded in the middle with people walking in front of you. Kids also like to run at them and think it's fun. I wouldn't be able to use a touring plan or keep time. Just sit and maybe ride a few things.

I'm going to keep training and walking and see what my dr can do for my arthritic ankles, knees and feet. That's what's killing me. Between the crowds at spring break and my pain levels, really thinking about cancelling this trip. Was looking forward to this.

Will be 5'5 and 370 when we go to WDW. I may be pushing preschooler in stroller. Will this make it easier on my back and walking or harder? I'm seriously considering putting off the trip until I can lose weight bc I don't want to slow us down :( I was hoping by pushing preschooler in stroller, it would make it easier for me to walk because I could lean on stroller. But now i'm wondering if it could actually put more strain on my back. We are buying a new stroller so I'm open to recommendations if there is one better for back pain.
When I went in 2016 I pushed a stroller and it definitely helped with my back and walking. It sounds silly but it really did help. If I could figure out a way to squish my 8 year old in one this year, I'd totally do it again. :D

You're welcome and thank you. I didn't want to offend anyone with my comment and things can sound harsh read from a screen. Looks like we're both strolling hehe. I kept wondering why I never see pics of people on scooters and what the experience is like at the parks. Well.

People cut you off and it's easier to get stranded in the middle with people walking in front of you. Kids also like to run at them and think it's fun. I wouldn't be able to use a touring plan or keep time. Just sit and maybe ride a few things.

I'm going to keep training and walking and see what my dr can do for my arthritic ankles, knees and feet. That's what's killing me. Between the crowds at spring break and my pain levels, really thinking about cancelling this trip. Was looking forward to this.
Don't cancel! I'm not going to either. Let's do this! Just go slow and take breaks. Sit and drink water, see shows in between longer walks, go back to resort mid day for a break by poo. Get the best gym shoes you can, do exercises now to build strength, practice walking and standing, and just go slow once there. disney trips don't have to be GO GO GO! all the time. they can be leisurely too. HUGS xx

When I went in 2016 I pushed a stroller and it definitely helped with my back and walking. It sounds silly but it really did help. If I could figure out a way to squish my 8 year old in one this year, I'd totally do it again. :D
Ok good to know! Thank you!! I worried it would strain my back more leaning forward and having my arms always forward.

Don't cancel! I'm not going to either. Let's do this! Just go slow and take breaks. Sit and drink water, see shows in between longer walks, go back to resort mid day for a break by poo. Get the best gym shoes you can, do exercises now to build strength, practice walking and standing, and just go slow once there. disney trips don't have to be GO GO GO! all the time. they can be leisurely too. HUGS xx
Thanks! Hugs and all the support. I'm not going to quit or give up! I will be bringing my ibuprofen and Excedrin for the pain and chilling in the pool. You're right, it's not about rushing but having fun too. We plan on watching shows and people watching too. It's a fave of mine here in nyc. It's better than tv and you meet so many awesome people. Still thinking about California for less walking and maxpass. Plus not having an adr 6 months out lol. What shoes do you suggest?

This is my first time on this thread but it is reassuring to know there are lots of pooh size old gals like me that still love the parks. I decided that this time around I would use a scooter although I hate the idea of it. I am getting on, am pooh sized and have foot, knee and back arthritis. I am also going solo. I will mostly use it to go long distances quickly, to and from the bus stops (POP is always the last bus stop) or to wait in a long line if I can't get a FP. If I can't get a fastpass for FoP, I am certainly not going to wait in a 3 hr line also I will think about Minetrain.

I have given up on Space Mt and Aerosmith as they are too hard to get in and out of, but I have been so many times I am not too upset. I still have TOT, BTM and all the Magic Kingdom rides. I would rather go and be comfortable than not go at all!

This is my first time on this thread but it is reassuring to know there are lots of pooh size old gals like me that still love the parks. I decided that this time around I would use a scooter although I hate the idea of it. I am getting on, am pooh sized and have foot, knee and back arthritis. I am also going solo. I will mostly use it to go long distances quickly, to and from the bus stops (POP is always the last bus stop) or to wait in a long line if I can't get a FP. If I can't get a fastpass for FoP, I am certainly not going to wait in a 3 hr line also I will think about Minetrain.

I have given up on Space Mt and Aerosmith as they are too hard to get in and out of, but I have been so many times I am not too upset. I still have TOT, BTM and all the Magic Kingdom rides. I would rather go and be comfortable than not go at all!
I know right! I would rather have some fun than no fun staying at home. Have you used it before at Disney? How do people act at the parks when you're pooh size? I don't want to be picked on by the other visitors to the parks.

Here's what I've found works for me. I'm a size 22 right now.

For my park bag, I picked up a large size tinkerbell bag at Walmart. The strap is made of webbing. It wasn't quite long enough for me to use as a cross body bag so after using it a couple of trips I just picked up some longer webbing from JoAnn Fabrics and will be replacing it in the next few days. I sometimes put pins on the webbing for pin trading if I'm trying to put together a set of something and end up with duplicates.

For pants/shorts: I prefer cargo type so I don't always have to carry a bag into the parks. At Universal/IOA I won't carry one because of the annoying lockers that you have to put your bag in.
I used to buy them at Bass Pro Shops but they don't have any this year in my size. I did see some on the Woman Within Website so I'm going to order a pair to check them out. They have shorts and pants available.

I keep my tickets/cash/credit card and bandaides in my Passporter Pouch around my neck usually that I got at passporter.com. I love that thing.

I gave up on Disney type T-shirts a few years since Disney ones run small. I buy my tank tops from Lands End and overshirts for them from TJ Maxx, Woman Within, Catherines. Basically anywhere I can find one I like. LOL

For bras, at Disney I wear Sports bras. They breath better and I don't feel as sticky and sweaty in them. I usually order them from Target.com.

Shoes are my Teva Mush, Teva Hurricane or my pair of River Rafter shoes that I've had forever and don't remember where they came from. I also wear New Balance Tennis shoes but they are too hot for me at Disney in the summer. I'm currently testing a croc sandal which I'm liking for normal walking but I don't know that it'll work for Disney.

I get my swimsuits at Sears usually. The one near me carries a nice selection of plus sizes and they've lasted really well for me. I sometimes get them at Target but those don't even make it one summer. Justmysize.com sometimes has good swimsuits too but I like to try those on before buying so I don't normally get them from the internet.

Sorry for the book I've written. I hope there's some useful info for someone in here. :rotfl:

FYI, those Woman Within convertible pants that go from pants to capris and capris to shorts are very narrow at the bottom and wrinkle like crazy

I know right! I would rather have some fun than no fun staying at home. Have you used it before at Disney? How do people act at the parks when you're pooh size? I don't want to be picked on by the other visitors to the parks.

Frankly my dear, I don't give a _____! There are so many Pooh sized people around it is no big deal. It is hard to use a scooter especially when the parks are crowded so even when I am careful, sometimes people just walk into it and then blame you but I it is the same problem with those GIANT strollers.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!