The Everything Pooh Sized Thread

SO disappointed in the Disney woman's tee-shirts! I usuaully wear a 1X, sometimes 2X. Ordered a minnie mouse shirt from the disney store in 2x. Well...the shoulder seam was half way down my arm with the sleeve hem past my elbow, but the lower portion of the shirt was too tight. Totally weird proportions. Like they think you have a huge chest and long arms, but a tiny waist. What is the deal?? Anyone in my size range find a disney tee that fits???

SO disappointed in the Disney woman's tee-shirts! I usuaully wear a 1X, sometimes 2X. Ordered a minnie mouse shirt from the disney store in 2x. Well...the shoulder seam was half way down my arm with the sleeve hem past my elbow, but the lower portion of the shirt was too tight. Totally weird proportions. Like they think you have a huge chest and long arms, but a tiny waist. What is the deal?? Anyone in my size range find a disney tee that fits???
Have you tried some on Amazon.com? I noticed that with some Disney shirts too.

ADORE this thread and wish I had found it before I visited WDW for the first time a couple of weeks ago.

Would this be the right place to post a trip report from a plus-sized person’s point of view or should I start a new thread?

Spoiler: I LOVED WDW as a pooh-sized woman. I think it’s the only thing i have ever done where my size didn’t hold me back and wasn’t an issue.

ADORE this thread and wish I had found it before I visited WDW for the first time a couple of weeks ago.

Would this be the right place to post a trip report from a plus-sized person’s point of view or should I start a new thread?

Spoiler: I LOVED WDW as a pooh-sized woman. I think it’s the only thing i have ever done where my size didn’t hold me back and wasn’t an issue.
If you post your trip report somewhere else, let us know :)

Southwest has a "Customers of Size" program. You can purchase an extra seat to use when you fly. After your flight, Southwest will fully refund you for the extra seat. The armrests push up so you have plenty of room. They also have extremely generous seat belt extenders. I've done this four times and have had a terrific experience with them. Very friendly flight employees! Here is some info: https://www.southwest.com/html/customer-service/extra-seat/?clk=GFOOTER-CUSTOMER-COS

I second the SW plan. I flew with them for work a while ago. Purchased the extra seat - and got a refund upon my return. It was well worth it to not stress about it. I will say that I've purchased extra seats multiple times to spare myself the humiliation,

If you post your trip report somewhere else, let us know :)

I’ll do it here when I get my laptop back, next week hopefully. I have too much to say to attempt to write it from my phone! I’ll really try to address concerns us Pooh people might have before visiting WDW for the first time. I had tons and they were almost all unfounded. If anyone has any specific concerns they would like me to address, please feel free to mention them and if I can so will cover them. This thread is great and has been very helpful but some of the posts are very old, so perhaps a more up-to-date perspective would be useful?

Another question on 7DMT and FoP: Hubby and I are AP holders and I have been petrified to even try FoP. I have issues with people paying attention to me. I know it sounds weird, but I am not really an introvert and do fine in crowds unless people start looking at me. Anyway, I haven't wanted to even try the trial seat out front to see if I would fit on FoP. Here's my question, hubby and I are BOTH pook sized. We've both lost almost 100 lbs but are both at about 5'10", 315lbs each. We have FP for 7DMT on Tuesday. Will we be able to ride together and if not, can we each take one seat? I have heard nightmares about it being cramped and we're ok with being squished for a few minutes, my concern is being turned away.

Just a quick update: I went on 7DMT and I had fun, but yikes that will kill the knees. I think once is fine. That one, it wasn't my weight, it was my height since I am leggy. As far as FOP, well, I went two months ago and decided to chubby check myself on the ride vehicle out front. I was just a smidge too big. On a side note, I lost some weight in the last 2 months and I made a FP for FOP last night. I FIT!! So, at 5'10", 284 lbs with a lot of it in my chest, I was able to ride. When the back restraints came up, I did reach back until I heard it click, but I fit :D

***edited to correct my weight. I am now at 284, not 384 as I previously wrote

Last edited:

Just a quick update: I went on 7DMT and I had fun, but yikes that will kill the knees. I think once is fine. That one, it wasn't my weight, it was my height since I am leggy. As far as FOP, well, I went two months ago and decided to chubby check myself on the ride vehicle out front. I was just a smidge too big. On a side note, I lost some weight in the last 2 months and I made a FP for FOP last night. I FIT!! So, at 5'10", 384 lbs with a lot of it in my chest, I was able to ride. When the back restraints came up, I did reach back until I heard it click, but I fit :D
Yay! I'm going to try and report back on this thread. We're going next week. Happy dancing!

Just a quick update: I went on 7DMT and I had fun, but yikes that will kill the knees. I think once is fine. That one, it wasn't my weight, it was my height since I am leggy. As far as FOP, well, I went two months ago and decided to chubby check myself on the ride vehicle out front. I was just a smidge too big. On a side note, I lost some weight in the last 2 months and I made a FP for FOP last night. I FIT!! So, at 5'10", 384 lbs with a lot of it in my chest, I was able to ride. When the back restraints came up, I did reach back until I heard it click, but I fit :D

7DMT is insane...I have big thighs and am 5'9 and I had bruises all on the outside of my thighs after riding it once. DH is tall and most of his weight is in his stomach and even his legs hurt from the restraints. Glad it's not just us!

Why did you reach back? Does it help somehow?

OMG that gives me hope. I'm a little taller than you, but my weight is about the same. I carry all over, but mostly in the belly. I'm currently abut 52" belly. So, I'm hoping I'll fit. I've lost 40lbs so far and I have about six months before the trip, so I may be around 350.... maybe lower. My biggest worry is that we have the deluxe dining plan and are not going to AK until the third day. I may have to get a fast pass for the first day and ride it before we do all of our dinning lol.

I'm so worried about FOP! I'm on the smaller end of pooh-sized, but I live in China right now, where I am definitely on the large side of it and wasn't able to do TRON at Shanghai in the bikes, although they do have more traditional roller coaster seats, which I was fine in (but I don't think it was the same).

I'm honestly not sure if I could have, but the CM didn't really give me the opportunity to try or offer any assistance. I carry most of my weight in my stomach and weirdly long-torsoed with short legs, so this thread has been useful. The odds are good, but I'm still worried about being rushed. Do the CM's give you the chance to try or are they more worried about getting to the next in line? It doesn't sound like there's a backup option here!

I'm so worried about FOP! I'm on the smaller end of pooh-sized, but I live in China right now, where I am definitely on the large side of it and wasn't able to do TRON at Shanghai in the bikes, although they do have more traditional roller coaster seats, which I was fine in (but I don't think it was the same).

I'm honestly not sure if I could have, but the CM didn't really give me the opportunity to try or offer any assistance. I carry most of my weight in my stomach and weirdly long-torsoed with short legs, so this thread has been useful. The odds are good, but I'm still worried about being rushed. Do the CM's give you the chance to try or are they more worried about getting to the next in line? It doesn't sound like there's a backup option here!
Try the test seat out front. CMs will work with you to fit.

Here and just wanted to say thank you to everyone who helped us. We flew here on Frontier Airlines. Expected a terrible experience and while unlike a bed of roses, the flight attendants were helpful and the biggie, I fit in my seat comfortably and with room to spare! I was more upset by the legroom than the seat. I needed more space for my feet and I had a stitch in my side that wouldn't quit lol and the seat didn't alleviate any of my pain. But it didn't cause any extra. I would definitely fly with Frontier again.

Why did you reach back? Does it help somehow?
Sorry it took me so long to respond: the restraints come up automatically, but I didn't feel mine click, so I reached back and pulled it toward me until I heard the click and it locked. I imagine the CM will do it, but he was in the first room and I just did it myself.

Reactions: pdz
CRAP, I am so sorry, I meant I am now 284 lbs, not 384. I am in the habit of putting the 3 there for so long, I kind of do it out of habit.

I'm 6'5" 320lbs. Seven Dwarf's kills my legs but it's doable. Flight of passage was a no go for me but my problem stemmed from my long calves and size 15 feet. If I slid my feet in my knees couldn't get under and if I put my knees in my heels were to far back for the leg restraints to click in.

I was wearing cross trainers so in hindsight I should have given it a try without my shoes and I might have been able to fold my legs in. My 6'6" 180lb 15 year old was able to get himself in no problem.

Interested in trying one of the Disney spas. Have never had a massage in my life, but going with my Mom, who loves it. Anyone know if they have plus size robes etc?

I just wanted to share a site with my fellow pooh-sized friends. I'm one of those people that can get a sunburn waiting in a drive-thru. Being pooh-sized (as you know) means that much more skin to be covered with sunscreen and most times not easy to reach without help.

My order from Solartex(dot)com arrived the other day. This site specializes in sun gear for all ages AND sizes up to 8XL!! I highly recommend checking them out.

:beach:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter