The Hypocrisy of Disney: Or why talking about this as a huge Disney fan hurts.

DuckTalesFan32

Earning My Ears
Does anyone find Disney and their so-called wholesomeness to be hypocritical? First off, I think it’s great that Disney feels like black lives matter. They do. Also, I think it’s good they allow representation in films. Yet their other actions make it so I can’t take their former actions seriously.

By working with the Chinese Communist Party for Mulan, they have shown they don’t care about the persecution that Muslims, Christians, Buddhists, and others are facing in China. They also allow China to minimize black characters on their movie posters. Disney also talks about being about problematic elements in their old movies, but then gleefully advertises and promotes the Simpsons which are very problematic. And no, I don’t believe in censoring or banning old Disney movies or the Simpsons, although as a Simpsons fan I hate that it’s a part of Disney now. Disney also fires Roseann for racist remarks, and yes I agree that Roseann’s remarks were terrible and out of line and that she deserved to be called out, but then Disney supports an actress who justifies police brutality in Hong Kong. I merely believe in pointing out the hypocrisy of Disney and the woke crowd.

Frankly, I hate making these kinds of posts. But I hate what a company I love and adore has become. I hope for a day that Disney gets better leadership.

I also hate that Simpsons (and Marvel) are part of Disney now. I never cared for the Simpsons and just thought it obnoxious, and stupid.

I have been struggling with this as well. As much as I am a Disney fan for their product, the business side of my brain has always been impressed with its ability to make money. That's one of the reasons I have Disney shares in my investment portfolio. This latest collaboration for the production of Mulan just comes across as a sellout and ignores the brutality of the religious persecutions taking place in China.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter