The Last Trip: An (Eastern) Fantasy Food Adventure-Bonus Feature, Pam & Her Mom Pt 2 Sept 17 the end

Was thinking about you today. (Well, that I got an email from you, or several if you include a back and forth with pkondz helped a bit.) I hope you're having an amazing, wonderful, super fantastic trip!!

Fabulous pics!!!!

Thanks! :goodvibes

Uh, huh.
Did you perhaps notice, when we were in Disneyland, that not once (as far as I can recall, at least I took great pains) were you ever behind me? I always made sure you were either ahead of me, or beside me.
No way were you going to be left behind!

I never felt abandoned, but I'm not sure if I noticed whether or not I was in front of or behind you. You did take nice care of me. :)

Mind you, you did leave me in the dust once! :laughing:

I'm not surprised, I have a story about that with Fran on this current trip which ends well, but doesn't have a nice middle section.

:laughing:
Every time I see that, I think someone's swearing.

I know! I debated whether or not to abbreviate it or write it out. Consequences of writing so much on my phone these days!

Hmmm....
I don't remember the last time I've seen it.
Been a while.

I wish we could see it when you come in April, but it probably won't be playing the day we go....

A few things on there I'd like.
How many people does the seafood tower feed?

No idea. Fran has never wanted to pony up for it. Then again it's usually just us and one or two other people.

Of course.
And I still love that glass!

Me too, but I never drink mixed drinks at home, so mine stays in a curio cabinet, on display.

Huh. You'd think the opposite. Maybe you just can't improve on some things.

That's why we gave it another go, but yeah, some things are just better left alone...

Hmmm... I see beans in the chili so not sure I'd like it.
Did she say if it was good or not?

She ate it all, so I assume she liked it. I like beans in my chili, to mono-palatic without beans....

Whoa! That sounds (and looks!) delicious!

OMG, it totally was, in a couple updates we find it's no longer on the menu and the staff said folks were not happy. I guess once peaches are out of season they don't have a choice, but I say make it with berries or anything else! Keep the pastry, it was to die for!

When you gathered them, did you bring them home?

No we just herded them into a flock and watched them graze.

"Oh, no! My zipper is down in front of all these people!"

:eek:

Hmmm.... I would prefer Hook and Peter, personally.

I guess they thought it got old.

Like that one too.

Thanks! :goodvibes

Zipped up, huh?

Do you have laser x-ray eyes or something? :confused3

What lens did you use?
Obviously not your 50/1.4

No, this was my "jack of all trades" lens, it's a Sigma 18:250 zoom lens, but the widest aperture that it goes to is 3.5 and that's assuming you're not zooming.

I'm a poet and not aware of my stature!

That would never happen to me!!!

Uh....

Nevermind.

It's because you were with me.

Dinner looked amazing. It is just a shame that the chicken was not as nice as the one at the Plaza restaurant. It was nice to see the photos of Fantasmic! I wonder why the changed the princess section around.

Corinna

It was a very good dinner, I guess I'm just partial to the taste of the Plaza Inn Chicken. I'm guessing that they felt they needed to update the princess section (as well as the pirate) for all the young kids who don't know the older movies as much as the new ones.

I see what you meant about the dragon. Just another excuse to come back :) That was really an awesome show.

I can't wait for you to come back! We had so much fun with you! As well as we did today!

Glad your dessert was so yummy! That’s seriously how all desserts should be popcorn::

I'm glad not all desserts are that yummy or I would want them all the time!

I never felt abandoned, but I'm not sure if I noticed whether or not I was in front of or behind you. You did take nice care of me. :)

:hug:

I'm not surprised, I have a story about that with Fran on this current trip which ends well, but doesn't have a nice middle section.

I don't know whether to say "good!" or "uh, oh!"

I wish we could see it when you come in April, but it probably won't be playing the day we go....

Oh, well... I'll live. :)

Me too, but I never drink mixed drinks at home, so mine stays in a curio cabinet, on display.

Neither do I... but I just want.

Wait...... you have one? You can buy them? Or did you steal it? (Or it was gifted... or...)

She ate it all, so I assume she liked it. I like beans in my chili, to mono-palatic without beans....

Depends on the beans. I despise kidney beans.

OMG, it totally was, in a couple updates we find it's no longer on the menu and the staff said folks were not happy. I guess once peaches are out of season they don't have a choice, but I say make it with berries or anything else! Keep the pastry, it was to die for!

Gone????? Well... that sucks!

No we just herded them into a flock and watched them graze.

I guess they thought it got old.

That's known as "classic".

:sad2:

Do you have laser x-ray eyes or something? :confused3

Ctrl and "+" make things a lot clearer.

No, this was my "jack of all trades" lens, it's a Sigma 18:250 zoom lens, but the widest aperture that it goes to is 3.5 and that's assuming you're not zooming.

Ah. Impressed nevertheless.

I'm a poet and not aware of my stature!

5'8"?

It's because you were with me.

So it's you're fault! You're lucky I like you.

Hooray! Slowly getting the park back!

And now Star Wars land is coming along nicely. You can get a sneak peak from certain roadways around the park.

Well, that's awfully nice of them

It only took a year after the reopening to figure that one out....

Score one for the cheapskates! :woohoo:

::yes::

That just sounds heavenly!

It was! Now bring it back!

You got some nice shots! The show looks pretty cool.

It's very cool!

I used to be that way as a kid with my mix tapes! I'd be so used to one song following another and it would throw me off if I heard it on the radio or something.

I'm still getting used to that with my Rock n Roll Spotify playlist!

That's awesome!

That does seem to happen quite a bit!

Stupid residential area around the park.

Haven't seen Fantasmic! in years, but your pictures have inspired me to work into our schedule for our trip in March.

The new show is definitely worth seeing.

It is going to be a bit crazy as our youngest daughter who will be on her college spring break will fly down with us on Thursday, our older daughter (who may or may not be bringing friends) will be just starting her spring break and will be flying into one of the LA airports from Massachusettes either Thursday or Friday, then on Sunday our youngest will Uber back to one of the LA airports to return to Pennsylvania, and then the rest of us will spend the day in Disneyland and fly back to Northern California on Sunday night. It is going to be a whirlwind and a bit crazy schedule-wise, but we haven't been as a family for 1 1/2 years, and Southwest's $49 cheap flights have made it possible.

Sounds like a lot of moving parts!

Our only day that we will all be there for sure is Saturday, so I will have to do some serious planning to get all our favorites in. As our trip gets closer, I will have to pay attention to the shows, trip reports, etc. Thanks for sharing your trips and the special events that you get to experience at Disneyland.

I wish I could post the updates in a more timely fashion, but especially now with a WDW TR coming soon, it will be difficult to keep up.

Just wanted to know that the other day I managed to someone catch up on this report (well I looked at the pictures and read most of what you wrote) and that I still love reading about your adventures. I hope to stay a bit more caught up so I can actually comment on them :)

Congratulations on catching up! I'm trying catch up when I can while I'm here at WDW so I'm not drowning when I get home!

Well, that says a lot about the quality of the Plaza Inn.

That looks incredible.

It was. I wish they still had something similar on the menu.

Interesting... I loved the Peter Pan/Hook scene. I thought the Disnyeland F! was just head and shoulders better than the WDW version and this scene was a big factor in that. But I can definitely see where POTC would work just as well in that role. I think it is nice that they're finally changing things up and giving us some new scenes from other movies.

As someone who doesn't like change, I'm torn. I know they need to update things, but I did like the old ones too!

:rotfl2: I can totally see that. Hate to lose a classic princess, but good to see Rapunzel getting a little more of a presence!

I did really like that scene and song so it is nice.

Phew! Crisis averted!

Well, duh! ;)

Believe it or not, it took them a while to figure out that one!

April. April is coming

Soon young padawan. Soon.

Holy moly! This I need to try

Too bad it's not on the menu anymore.

I really love this shot. So colorful!

It's one of my favorites too! :goodvibes

I can imagine! When you've heard it so many times, it does take a while!

YAYAYAYAYAYAYAY!

I love happy endings.

You got some really excellent shots of this show, Alison! Nicely done!!!!

Thanks! :)

ME TOO!!!

Still wondering how it ends

I've seen it and I can't remember! I'm always so mesmerized that I get caught up in the moment!

You’ll be here next week!!! party: party: party:

We had so much fun yesterday!

Okay jumping on in!

Welcome back!

I hate not being in the know :sad2: So each time is a different song? Are they the songs from the movie, like Hooked on a Feeling and such? Are you missing the old ToT? I really do enjoy the GotG movies so i'm anxious to try this ride!

If you go back a few pages, I describe the ride I it's somewhat entirety, but no spoilers. There are six songs from the movies. I don't miss ToT in CA, though I was bummed when it was down yesterday when out FP came up. :sad2:

I saw the new F! on Youtube recently and it looks really cool! You know me. I'd rather watch F! at DHS, but I'd seriously consider watching this newer version now.

Watch it with me. You will love it!

Safe travels today :)

Well you know how that came out! :sad2:

Oh! You're traveling today! Have fun!!!!!

It took a while to get in the groove, bUT we've been doing our best!

Guess it's time to report back. ;)
I have been reading, but post Disney depression kept me from being around much, let alone posting ......... but I loved your last update (was close to licking the screen when seeing your dessert!)

I use the forums here to help combat post Disney depression!

Enjoy your time at Food and Wine - your social media update made me go back to our pics and sort through them.

I can't wait to see them!

Have a magical trip!

Thanks!

Was thinking about you today. (Well, that I got an email from you, or several if you include a back and forth with pkondz helped a bit.) I hope you're having an amazing, wonderful, super fantastic trip!!

I thought of you too! (since I caught up on your TRs). Hang in there! Everything will be better when you get back! Your work will be so enriching that you will be rejuvenated (after you get over the jet lag). :laughing:

I don't know whether to say "good!" or "uh, oh!"

You'll have to wait to find out! It's several days into the trip.

Neither do I... but I just want.

Wait...... you have one? You can buy them? Or did you steal it? (Or it was gifted... or...)

Yes, you can buy them from the cabinet.

Depends on the beans. I despise kidney beans.

Then forget it. There were probably kidney beans.

Gone????? Well... that sucks!

I said something similar when I saw it had been removed from the menu.

That's known as "classic".

:sad2:

Ctrl and "+" make things a lot clearer.

Not on your phone. :sad2:

Ah. Impressed nevertheless.

Thanks! :)

Not even close. I'm barely 5'3"!

So it's you're fault! You're lucky I like you.

The Disneyland Limited Railroad reopens!

So I had this update almost ready to go before I left, I'm going to post it now and I think I have two more TRs to catch up on and I'll still be caught up, even on vacation!

So back in early 2016, the DL Railroad closed down for a major rehab due to the opening of Star Wars Land. It was near the end of July that the much anticipated reopening was happening, but we were treated to the privilege
of attending a soft opening the day before. It was also the media day as well.

x17DL0728RR01.jpg

It was exciting to see the train and know that today ot would actually be riding around the tracks!

x17DL0728RR02.jpg

We would be boarding from the New Orleans Square Station and after a bit of a wait, they let us up on the platform. There were decorations everywhere celebrating the return of the railroad!

x17DL0728RR03.jpg

Everyone eagerly awaited the train!

x17DL0728RR04.jpg

Here we go!

x17DL0728RR05.jpg

First we pass through Splash Mountain.

x17DL0728RR06.jpg

And a view from the outside….

x17DL0728RR07.jpg

And now we're passing the Hungry Bear restaurant. Just a few weeks ago we dined right at one of those riverfront tables!

x17DL0728RR08.jpg

And here we go on the new stretch of track.

x17DL0728RR09.jpg

They kept it much in the same character as the original.

x17DL0728RR10.jpg

x17DL0728RR11.jpg

x17DL0728RR13.jpg

They added a new shaman in the Indian camp

x17DL0728RR14.jpg

x17DL0728RR15.jpg

x17DL0728RR16.jpg

The Mark Twain was also making its first reappearance today as well!

x17DL0728RR17.jpg

Lookout for Moose!

x17DL0728RR18.jpg

x17DL0728RR19.jpg

x17DL0728RR20.jpg

The Cast Members were pretty excited about the left turn that the train was about to make. Never before did the train make a left turn! Soon we were passing through the area that had recently reopened in my last update.

x17DL0728RR21.jpg

x17DL0728RR22.jpg

x17DL0728RR23.jpg

And then we were at the Toontown station

x17DL0728RR24.jpg

x17DL0728RR25.jpg

x17DL0728RR26.jpg

It’s a Small World

x17DL0728RR27.jpg

x17DL0728RR28.jpg

And Tomorrowland Station

x17DL0728RR29.jpg

[Continued in Next Post]

[Continued from Previous Post]

This is where it starts to get good. Let’s take a trip back in time through the Grand Canyon and Primeval World!

x17DL0728RR30.jpg

x17DL0728RR31.jpg

x17DL0728RR32.jpg

x17DL0728RR33.jpg

x17DL0728RR34.jpg

And now Primeval World….

x17DL0728RR35.jpg

x17DL0728RR36.jpg

x17DL0728RR37.jpg

x17DL0728RR38.jpg

x17DL0728RR39.jpg

x17DL0728RR40.jpg

x17DL0728RR41.jpg

x17DL0728RR42.jpg

x17DL0728RR43.jpg

x17DL0728RR44.jpg

x17DL0728RR45.jpg

x17DL0728RR46.jpg

And then we were back at Main Street Station.

x17DL0728RR47.jpg

All of the CMs were delighted to be back at their jobs. I’m sure they were reassigned somewhere else in the meantime, but they weren’t doing what they really liked.

x17DL0728RR48.jpg

And then back at New Orleans Square, they have such cute little touches.

x17DL0728RR49.jpg

x17DL0728RR50.jpg

Members of the press were still shooting stock footage.

x17DL0728RR51.jpg

Once we exited the train we had the option to ride again as they had started soft openings, but I was starving and wanted something to eat. At the time they had raspberry beignets that I was eager to try. I could only have one though, they are just way too sweet.

x17DL0728RR52.jpg

So we went to the Bengal Barbeque for a savory snack.

x17DL0728RR53.jpg

Fran ordered while I took some pictures.

x17DL0728RR54.jpg

You see they had recently remodeled this area. This Tropical Imports store used to sell fruit, pickles, water and soda. Now it’s stroller parking.

x17DL0728RR55.jpg

Now they sell all that stuff on the opposite side of the walkway.

x17DL0728RR56.jpg

They took out the stores which were in the next two storefronts.

x17DL0728RR57.jpg

To make room for more seating, which was very needed.

x17DL0728RR58.jpg

x17DL0728RR59.jpg

We split the bacon wrapped asparagus skewer

x17DL0728RR60.jpg

And the Beef skewer

x17DL0728RR61.jpg

Before calling it quits and heading back home for the day.

It is nice that the Disneyland Railroad is operational again. Thanks for sharing the photos.

Corinna

What a lovely train route! Hope you are enjoying your time in Florida!

It was exciting to see the train and know that today ot would actually be riding around the tracks!

Hooray! Another ride I wanted to do but just didn't have time for it on our visit.

They kept it much in the same character as the original.

Always a welcome idea. I like the new falls/bridge area, too.

Gorgeous shot there!

The Cast Members were pretty excited about the left turn that the train was about to make. Never before did the train make a left turn!

It's the little things, I guess.

This is where it starts to get good. Let’s take a trip back in time through the Grand Canyon and Primeval World!

I'm glad they kept these displays intact as well!

All of the CMs were delighted to be back at their jobs. I’m sure they were reassigned somewhere else in the meantime, but they weren’t doing what they really liked.

There's something romantic about working with trains.

Yes, you can buy them from the cabinet.

YOU NEVER TOLD ME THAT!!!!!!!!!!!

Then forget it. There were probably kidney beans.

I've already forgotten. :sad2:

I said something similar when I saw it had been removed from the menu.

Probably slightly more colourful words though.

Not on your phone. :sad2:

Pushing your fingers apart make things a lot clearer.

Not even close. I'm barely 5'3"!

What??
Geez! I'm remembering you wrong!
Well, you are statuesque in my memory. Anything else you'd like?

Going back up to read.

Woot!

Oops.... sorry... That should be Toot! Toot!

There were decorations everywhere celebrating the return of the railroad!

Those are really colourful! Like!

Here we go!

x17DL0728RR05.jpg

Awww.... you guys look pretty darned happy! :)

First we pass through Splash Mountain.

I'm sorry... through????

And here we go on the new stretch of track.

x17DL0728RR09.jpg

Oh, deer.

Love that shot. Turn, to capture most of the train. Bridge. Water. Perfect.

This shot. Great! He's saluting the ship!

The Mark Twain was also making its first reappearance today as well!

Oh! Nice!
(And so pleased it's called the Mark Twain. Never knew that.)

Lookout for Moose!

Not easy to miss a moose.

The Cast Members were pretty excited about the left turn that the train was about to make. Never before did the train make a left turn!

I never thought of that... of course!

It’s a Small World

Ack! Keep going!!!!!

Cool! Yay!
(And thank you so much for all the photos, Alison! :))

Good one. I'm thinking he'd be easy to miss.

I really like that shot.
Not entirely sure why. Maybe the background is more visible? dunno.

And now Primeval World….

Yay!
And I'm not going to repost every picture, but those were cool!
They did a really good job on it.

And then back at New Orleans Square, they have such cute little touches.

x17DL0728RR50.jpg

Okay, that's perfect.

At the time they had raspberry beignets that I was eager to try. I could only have one though, they are just way too sweet.

They look blue?

This Tropical Imports store used to sell fruit, pickles, water and soda. Now it’s stroller parking.

Huh!
I don't remember this area. Did we go there? Or was it down even then?

We split the bacon wrapped asparagus skewer

I'll split it with you too! You can have the asparagus and I'll have the bacon.

And the Beef skewer

How was that?

What a delightful train ride. Those skewers look really good. If you are still in Disney World I hope you are having a great trip.

I can't wait for you to come back! We had so much fun with you! As well as we did today!

I did too, I’m ready to come back :hyper:

I'm glad not all desserts are that yummy or I would want them all the time!

At least the calories would always be worth it popcorn::

We had so much fun yesterday!

Me too! :) Can’t wait for next year!!! 296 days to go :cool1:

Well you know how that came out! :sad2:

I hope travel home day is much better :hug:

I’m glad the train was open when we were there, its one of mom’s favorite things. You got great pictures.

We would be boarding from the New Orleans Square Station and after a bit of a wait, they let us up on the platform. There were decorations everywhere celebrating the return of the railroad!
It's neat to see an old classic like this get a little extra fanfare for its return.

Yeah, that would certainly be an adjustment to have to learn a new role for several months while something is down.

Now it’s stroller parking.
Well, if I recall, it was needed. Didn't stroller parking in that area used to just be out in the middle of the walkway? I remember that area being fairly cluttered.

They took out the stores which were in the next two storefronts.

To make room for more seating, which was very needed.
Again... it's good to see. I know Disney probably doesn't like to give up space where they can sell things, but this was a congested area and more seating, in the shade, is always a good thing.

Hi Everyone!

I know that I still have a few of your Trip Reports to catch up on and I have yet to get to replies over here, but I found a few moments this morning and was able to get the first post of my new trip report up! Hope to see you all over there.

The Scooter Strikes Back

mono-palatic

Hey! Look'it that! A new word for me. And yes, very true.. chili without beans is just... gross.

Very cool update with loads of wonderful photos from the "new" train. I love the little updates and changes! Thank you for such a lovely tour, Alison. Perhaps we can ride this together in April! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!