The logo that dare not be shown

Would you be interested in a "Old Logo" vehicle graphic

• Yes...YES.....YYYEEEEESSSSS

• No, I am a lawful citizen and reject your "Outlaw Logo"

• Tutter, did you suffer a head injury? We have no idea what your talking about!

Results are only viewable after voting.

tutter99

DIS Veteran
I happen to have a friend in the vinyl graphics business who does custom printing. I was just wondering if anyone would be interested in the old logo for their car/van/truck. not sure how much individual customization (ie numbers) he would be able to do but I was thinking the old logo with the DISDads website url under it might be cool.

I know we are searching for a new one but the old one was pretty sweet, and since it would be done on the side there would be no where to send the cease and desist letter to.pirate:

IF this happens...It never happened. ;)

:cool2:

The vote I just cast should in no way be construed as an acknowledgement of this thread’s existence on my part.

I might have voted in a thread whose existence I can neither confirm nor deny. If they were to exist would it be possible to get these as a magnet?

I really don't know what you're talking about, but I would most certainly, enthusiastically, and unequivocally be in the affirmative if such a thing existed.

But of course it doesn't. So I'll just have to dream about the possibility.

Please do not do this.
I know the old graphic is well-loved, and that you think that using it private is no big deal and it's kind of funny to joke about.

Please understand that it IS a big deal, and could land ME in a lot of trouble. Because I distributed the logo (and there are lots of web archives that will show that I did so) AND I received specific notice from Disney to stop using that graphic, I could personally face a lawsuit for a knowing infringement of Disney's trademark.

The penalties for a knowing trademark infringement are stiff - they don't have to prove any actual damages, and there is a statutory damages amount of (IIRC) $20,000 PER INFRINGING INCIDENT. While there is certainly evidence in existence that I could use to fight such a lawsuit, it would be at my own expense. While I could represent myself, a lawyer who represents himself has a fool for a client. I know just enough about this area of the law to be dangerous.

If 10 people ordered these magnets, I'd potentially be on the hook for $200,000 in damages - more than I can afford and too much to be able to get away with not hiring rather expensive legal counsel to defend myself.

I'm asking - as a personal favor - that you don't pursue this.

Aaron, I have two t-shirts with the illegal logo on them. If I wear them, will I get you in trouble?

Aaron, I have two t-shirts with the illegal logo on them. If I wear them, will I get you in trouble?

My position has been that we're fine with anything that was created BEFORE we received notice to stop. They did not request that we destroy existing uses of the infringing image, just that we stop making new stuff/using it. I'll still wear my old shirt. I just don't want trouble from new stuff, AFTER we/I were put on notice of the infringement.

My position has been that we're fine with anything that was created BEFORE we received notice to stop. They did not request that we destroy existing uses of the infringing image, just that we stop making new stuff/using it. I'll still wear my old shirt. I just don't want trouble from new stuff, AFTER we/I were put on notice of the infringement.

Great, Thank You!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter