The Magic, The Memories, and THOUSANDS of pictures! Updated 9/4-"Welcome Home"

Today was the day! We obviously had no trouble waking up since we knew that today was when we would finally make it to Fort Wilderness, our Disney home.

Don't worry, we were at a stoplight for this picture.
It may seem that I'm missing the obligatory "Walt Disney World" sign pictures, well that's because our GPS took us the craziest way possible and actually took us around the sign and the main entrance and rather took us through a back way in which we saw Disney costume services and laundry :confused3. It was a bit disappointing but we soon got over it as we made our way through the Fort Wilderness gates. We were greeted by a very friendly lady who first question was "have you ever stayed here before?" to which my dad responded "yes" she broke into a smile and says "well then, welcome home." It was so refreshing to hear these words, after hundreds of days of counting down we had finally made it. We were given I'm Celebrating buttons, and whenever asked about what we were celebrating the answers varied from "Disney!" to "saving enough money!"
After finding our campsite we set up our trailer and tent for my brothers (which we had rigged up our own air conditioning system for :goodvibes)

We explored Fort Wilderness while we waited for my older brother Caleb's plane to land.

We ate sandwiches at the campsite and Caleb eventually met us after taking the magical express, he told us he was the only person going to Fort Wilderness on it. Once the whole family was together we set off for our first of many boat rides.

This captain spent the entire boat ride telling pirate jokes and pretending to shoot cannons at other passing boats, I believe his name was Carl, and it was definitely a fun start to our Disney transportation.

Our first stop, the Contemporary!

We made our way inside and found our very favorite Disney transportation, the monorail!

More to come in the next update! :)

great photos so far :thumbsup2

but shouldn't you be in school right now and not uploading pictures lol :rotfl2:

great photos so far :thumbsup2 but shouldn't you be in school right now and not uploading pictures lol :rotfl2:
I only have class on Monday and Wednesday, so no class today! But if the question is shouldn't I be doing homework, then the answer is yes.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter