The New Mary Poppins Returns Trailer is out.... will it become ride

AussieDisneyFan2000

Earning My Ears
Hi Ya'll
I am very excited to see this movie. I think by the looks of it they have done a wonderful job. Emily Blunt is absolutely adorable and they even included Dick Van Dyke which is so lovely. It will be a great family movie to see at Christmas!

I hate when the classics are remade and butchered but I'm hoping this one...as a sequel... will be endearing.

I like Mary Poppins well enough, but I wouldn't consider myself a huge fan.

That said, this looks fantastic. It captures the feel of the original very well, and you really get a sense of the magic and characters. At the same time, it hints at some of the new challenges the movie will tackle.

It's just a trailer, but it's got me interested.

It looks so well done. MP is in my top 5 movies of all time so I'm happy to see they've cast it well. The only thing that bugs me is yet again, Disney kills off the mom. Why does the mom always have to be dead???

Hi Ya'll
I am very excited to see this movie. I think by the looks of it they have done a wonderful job. Emily Blunt is absolutely adorable and they even included Dick Van Dyke which is so lovely. It will be a great family movie to see at Christmas!

There have been rumours for a MP attraction at the UK pavilion in Epcot.

I don’t understand what the part of the uk and Mary Poppins being locked ?

Locked ?
meaning that is is not confirmed by disney or locked to happen.

Per multiple insiders - there are two issues.
First - money has not been decided if it is going to UK for ride or coco overlay for Mexico current ride
Second - it is still not confirmed that Poppins is the IP for the UK ride, at one time the leading option was for Brave.

both of those issues are still in flux so UK ride and it being Poppins is not locked to happen

does that clear it up for you?

First - money has not been decided if it is going to UK for ride or coco overlay for Mexico current ride
Second - it is still not confirmed that Poppins is the IP for the UK ride, at one time the leading option was for Brave.

both of those issues are still in flux so UK ride and it being Poppins is not locked to happen

Yes , thank you very much

The op asked about the ride but went on to talk about the movie being great.
So , I didn’t get what the poster was saying and thought it had something to do with the movie ~~

Duh me

Thanks again for the clarity :)

I read on some blog it would be a circular flat ride. So that would be either Dumbo or carrousel. I think the Jolly Holiday carrousel would fit in beautifully in the pavilion with the gardens. WDW really doesn't need another Dumbo-like ride.

I read on some blog it would be a circular flat ride. So that would be either Dumbo or carrousel. I think the Jolly Holiday carrousel would fit in beautifully in the pavilion with the gardens. WDW really doesn't need another Dumbo-like ride.

The talk on here was a dark ride with static figures rather than AAs.

The talk on here was a dark ride with static figures rather than AAs.

If it is not a suspended dark ride with legit AAs then I wouldn't bother with it. Plus it should be solely themed after the 1964 film. My expectations for this sequel are pretty low.

Well, it won’t be much of a ride in the UK if the budget for it is equivalent to an overlay. So the best Disney can come up with is a carousel - how original - not :(
Not thrilled with the prospect of another overlay ala Maelstrom becoming Frozen - one of the few rides in Epcot goes down for 2 years then reopens w/ all the Grand Fiesta figures dressed as Coco skeletons?

Depends on how successful it is and I wouldn't hold your breath. Disney's had success with some of their live-action remakes but have also had a lot of failures like A Wrinkle in Time(I know it's not a remake but still), Pete's Dragon, Alice Through the Looking Glass.

Heck...Christopher Robin is still tens of millions in the red with a 75 million production budget and at least 50 million marketing budget and has only made 163 million globally of which Disney only gets half of that(at best).

I have been thinking about a Mary Poppins ride since I rewatched the movie earlier this year. Since the UK area is not very large for a big ride, what about a VR (similar to FOP) ride? Imagineers could attach a 360 camera to a kite, go to a park with a few of the characters in costume and let the kite fly. The ride would have "let's go fly a kite" blaring in the VR headset and you would be the kite. You could look down and see one of the kids holding the string. Add a few fans and scent machines like Soaring to elevate it. You could look around and have that feeling of flight and see characters from the movie in the park. Mary with the children, Burt sweeping etc. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!