The September 2017 Post Hurricane Trip Report pics added

Sounds like you need to upsize the rig ... again. LOL
Oh No... I couldn't even imagine. Probably easier to downsize the crate and/or dog. :)

we could never travel with our dog in the truck with us. He just so much wants to be in the front. The problem is, there is not room for my wife, me and the 130# Yellow Lab in the front. Plus he takes forever to settle down. He will get settled down just in time for the "Break" for Gas/Food/Restroom, and then it starts all over again.

We did take him once with us and he rode in the TT. We did not crate him and he basically just slept on our bed, but again, every time we stopped.... He was all crazy and wanted out to play/potty or whatever. At one point, however, he managed to open the "Emergency Exit" window on the TT (in our bed room). As I was driving down the road and looked out the mirror, I saw the window "Bouncing" I immediately pulled over. DW was a bit freaked out because I didn't know how to "Verbalize" it at that moment... so her "Not Knowing" freaked her out even more.

Ah.... Adventures.... Gotta love 'em. :D

130# Lab, I cant imagine :-) We have had 2 Yellow Labs but only in the 80# range. The tail on that monster should probably be registered as a deadly weapon :-)

Well he is not much of a lap dog anymore.... He has RA in his left rear ankle. He tries to get in bed with the DW and I, but he cannot do it without help. Sometimes the DW "Guilts" me into helping him in bed. But then he lays Sideways before I can get back in bed... That's gratitude for ya....

Still, we love him and wouldn't give him up for the world. (although I have considered having the tail removed... just kidding... sort of.... No flaming please. )

Now that's a dog. I'm not going to show DS. He wants a big dog. We are cat people. They aren't nearly as dependent. We leave them for a week and they don't notice. I'm afraid a dog would destroy the house if I was an hour late coming home from work. :D

Since Chris started this pre-September trip report, I haven't put too much up. The summer seems to be flying. The DIS meet was great. I have a trip planned for mid-July to Indiana Dunes, but sadly, no camping between now and then.

I do need to put the cover back on the trailer since it will be a few weeks. Too much going on. Last weekend I got to build a deck off the back of the house. It started out trying to figure out what to do with the 10ft ring of dirt/dust around Ian's fire pit. I wanted to get a truck of rock and spread it around (cheaper). DW said no rock and she would really prefer a deck or patio. (not cheap). I now have a 16X16ft ground level deck. Next weekend is Father's Day. I'll be heading to the lake Friday night to see my dad and driving back up Saturday night to have DW's dad's party Sunday. The following weekend DS is having his Graduation Party on Saturday and DW and I are working the Pride parade for work on Sunday. The first weekend in July my niece that joined us at GSP last year is getting married. DS is in the wedding. One weekend off and then to Indiana Dunes.

That makes me tired just typing it. Good news is that it should go fast and make our Fort trip that much closer.

j

That a way to stay busy Jim! I hate putting the cover on the camper, it's a real pain in the rear.

Now that's a dog. I'm not going to show DS. He wants a big dog. We are cat people. They aren't nearly as dependent. We leave them for a week and they don't notice. I'm afraid a dog would destroy the house if I was an hour late coming home from work. :D

Since Chris started this pre-September trip report, I haven't put too much up. The summer seems to be flying. The DIS meet was great. I have a trip planned for mid-July to Indiana Dunes, but sadly, no camping between now and then.

I do need to put the cover back on the trailer since it will be a few weeks. Too much going on. Last weekend I got to build a deck off the back of the house. It started out trying to figure out what to do with the 10ft ring of dirt/dust around Ian's fire pit. I wanted to get a truck of rock and spread it around (cheaper). DW said no rock and she would really prefer a deck or patio. (not cheap). I now have a 16X16ft ground level deck. Next weekend is Father's Day. I'll be heading to the lake Friday night to see my dad and driving back up Saturday night to have DW's dad's party Sunday. The following weekend DS is having his Graduation Party on Saturday and DW and I are working the Pride parade for work on Sunday. The first weekend in July my niece that joined us at GSP last year is getting married. DS is in the wedding. One weekend off and then to Indiana Dunes.

That makes me tired just typing it. Good news is that it should go fast and make our Fort trip that much closer.

j

Well that will keep you busy and make the time pass quickly. Wow, haven't been to Indiana Dunes, since....well high school. Made a couple trips up, and loved every one of them.

I hate putting the cover on the camper, it's a real pain in the rear.
Me too...... I struggle with it every time..... Oh wait, No I don't... I don't have one. :D

I really should get one but I haven't found one that I really liked yet that wasn't affordable enough. And by "Affordable enough" I mean almost free, because otherwise we would have to postpone the "Next" trip to Disney. (DW is already saying we need to go NEXT June for 2 weeks. I hope she gets a huge raise at work.... cause DH is pretty tapped right now) o_O

Swing south thru Delaware and pick up me, the wife and the Kids ( 1 Delaware Heathen hound 75# Leonberger Mix, 2 NE Florida Savage Hound 73# Springer Spaniel mix and her 35# sister ) Added plus the kids all have licences and like to drive

If she gets the raise, let me know. I'll join you.

On your site. :D

j

Count me in!:banana:

Swing south thru Delaware and pick up me, the wife and the Kids ( 1 Delaware Heathen hound 75# Leonberger Mix, 2 NE Florida Savage Hound 73# Springer Spaniel mix and her 35# sister ) Added plus the kids all have licences and like to drive

Okay... I think I am going to have to stop by and get @PaHunter new rig.... 6 slides ought to be sufficient to handle all of us, right? Mine only sleeps 8 and that's only if 4 of them are tiny (Dinette and folding couch).

Some may have to ride in the rig too.... Oh wait, I don't think I can tow a 5er that huge. I guess I need to upgrade again.... DW better get a REAL GOOD pay raise. :D

Okay... I think I am going to have to stop by and get @PaHunter new rig.... 6 slides ought to be sufficient to handle all of us, right? Mine only sleeps 8 and that's only if 4 of them are tiny (Dinette and folding couch).

Some may have to ride in the rig too.... Oh wait, I don't think I can tow a 5er that huge. I guess I need to upgrade again.... DW better get a REAL GOOD pay raise. :D

Better plan on swinging out to pickup Randy's toy hauler for all those people. While mine may be big, it only sleeps six,:teacher: and 4 of those are in the living room, and both beds out fill it up. :)

So today finds us getting ready for a camping trip and some more work on the trailer. Added plexiglas to the lower part of the screen doors, so that the dog doesn't ruin the screening. Our short camping trips and next May the dog will be camping. She will not be going to Disney. Loaded up the pantry with a few staples, and found another project/mod when I return. The shelving is just luan, and will not hold any sort of weight. That combined with the fact that there are only two huge shelves, not sure who designs these things...I know less materials, more profit..but I can fix it and make it livable.
Wish our Dis members headed to the Fort, a safe trip, have a magical time and may you find some Pixie dust along the way.
We are down to 94 days, time to start thinking about FP's.

We won (4) 1-day park hopper passes in a raffle last night, so we made reservations at Fort Wilderness today. This will be our second trip, the last one was 3 or 4 years ago. We'll be in a full hook up site Sept 4th - 8th.

We won (4) 1-day park hopper passes in a raffle last night, so we made reservations at Fort Wilderness today. This will be our second trip, the last one was 3 or 4 years ago. We'll be in a full hook up site Sept 4th - 8th.
Lucky You....

Hope you have an awesome trip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!