The September 2017 Post Hurricane Trip Report pics added

Chris thanks for letting me follow along and keep the good ideas for my next series of projects coming. Our atie is about as gentle as a hand grenade and I see her barreling thru the screen door in an effort to be the first one out, And the idea of cord with the pipes never thought of it but will definitely incorporate when I do it

We had to change our plans so won't be going to The Fort in September. Instead we will be going Oct 14-20. Hope you all have safe trips and great time in September. I look forward to reading some reports here.

We had to change our plans so won't be going to The Fort in September. Instead we will be going Oct 14-20. Hope you all have safe trips and great time in September. I look forward to reading some reports here.

Well sorry you won't be able to join us in Sept, but glad we get to follow along with you on your trip in Oct.

Chris thanks for letting me follow along and keep the good ideas for my next series of projects coming. Our atie is about as gentle as a hand grenade and I see her barreling thru the screen door in an effort to be the first one out, And the idea of cord with the pipes never thought of it but will definitely incorporate when I do it
20170618_071349.jpeg
20170618_071410.jpeg

Here are two pictures of the plexiglas used to protect our lower screen from the dog when she travels with us. First one you can see the white on the back of the sticky strips. I used Scotch double lock fastners, black, so when the plexi is off you do not notice the mounting strips as much.

Well weather so far has cooperated and a good weekend has ensued. Although on a side note, one should refrain from engaging the kingpin with one's head, it hurts.:crutches:

Well almost time for dinner and another relaxing evening. Back to working on the Disney planning from my own zip code.

So our shake down trip has come to a close, it is time to break down camp and hook up. We need to hook up and boogey before the severe storms hit, hope to be home and unhooked before that. Then it is off to work for me, for the evening. Maybe one more camping trip before a trip with the nephews, then possibly one more before Disney. Here keeping our fingers crossed to more camping. Enjoying the other TR going on and hope they are continuing to have a great trip. Down to about 90 days...not that we are counting. Oh yea, and the Hershey RV show is just before our trip.

September is going to be a good month for trip reports, pictures and general mayhem. So far we have 10 Diser's that will be at the Fort, with a lot of them overlapping in the later half of the month. I have a list on the first post of this thread, and it has been updated with everyone who has mentioned they will be there.

I have my cart reserved! I almost forgot about calling until I saw one of the cart topics bounce back up the list.

I do have a question for those traveling with little kids.

My 6 year old niece (and her mom, my sister) are joining us. My DW asked what kind of stroller we should consider taking for my DN. My first thought was, shouldn't a 6 year old be able to walk as much as I can? DS is 19 and just graduated. I can't remember back 13 years ago, but the only time I remember having him in a stroller at Disney was when he was 4. Our next trip, he was 7 and I'm pretty sure we didn't use a stroller.

Now DN is a bit of a wimp and her mom caters to it. We were at an outdoor concert last night and my sister carried her out to the car (1/4 mile maybe), but it was after 11PM.

j

In my eyes, I guess it depends on how much you plan to do in a day. Our first trip with my dd she was 5, and we definitely had a stroller, her next trip she was 7, we still had one, because we knew we would be in the parks longer then she would be able to keep up with. This way she could relax and not necessarily slow us down. Also it depends on the child. Our DD is (and was) a smaller girl in height. She cannot walk as fast and gets tired quicker compared to me. To her credit though, we were out until almost 1 AM yesterday and she pushed through. She did, however collapse, when she finally hit the bed at almost 130 AM. She was a bit of a bear at 715 AM when we woke her to go to O'hana (She is a "Stitch" Nut though).

Point is, I think at 7, it's a nice precaution, because, pampered and catered or not, a whiny child (and worse, a whiny adult) makes for a miserable vacation for everyone involved.

The Trip where our DD was 7, was her last trip with the sttoller though.

September is going to be a good month for trip reports, pictures and general mayhem. So far we have 10 Diser's that will be at the Fort, with a lot of them overlapping in the later half of the month. I have a list on the first post of this thread, and it has been updated with everyone who has mentioned they will be there.

Hey PaHunter, I see you have us listed on the first page ... you can edit to show us in a Full Hook Up Site ( I have requested the 1600 loop ). And ya'll can look for our new 5er:

IMAG0131_zpshkna6bod.jpg

DH and I will be at the Fort 9/23-9/27 and it'll be our first camping trip together. We're going to be tent camping and are going to be getting a new tent between now and then. The Fort is my favorite place to camp so I can't wait to bring him along. I love looking at all these RVs; it's making me want to try convincing DH to get one.

DH and I will be at the Fort 9/23-9/27 and it'll be our first camping trip together. We're going to be tent camping and are going to be getting a new tent between now and then. The Fort is my favorite place to camp so I can't wait to bring him along. I love looking at all these RVs; it's making me want to try convincing DH to get one.

August at the Fort with a tent?:eek::eek:

Bring the AC!

Dude, pay attention, September !!!!
You may need to cut Peg a it of slack. He has been doing battle all week with the NSS and based on the time of his post it is likely safe to assume that he is suffering from early onset PTSD. " Preparing to Split Depression"

August at the Fort with a tent?:eek::eek:

Bring the AC!

You may need to cut Peg a it of slack. He has been doing battle all week with the NSS and based on the time of his post it is likely safe to assume that he is suffering from early onset PTSD. " Preparing to Split Depression"

Worse yet.

I think Mike is right. PTSD. Pre Travel Stress leaving Disney.

Left at 620 am. Now the long ride begins.

Yep, we're going in September, not that it's any cooler in September but at least the daily rainstorms are usually over by then. We live only 2-3 hour north of Disney so the weather is very similar. I'm hoping to find a tent with an AC port or at least good vents. DH turns into grumpy if left too long in the heat as we found out last weekend when lightning knocked out the AC. He wants something to stand up in so if anyone has any suggestions....

Have a fun trip Peg!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!