The September 2017 Post Hurricane Trip Report pics added

Congrats on the day shift. I worked nights for 12 years and evenings for a few years before that. DW was a restaurant manager back then and worked anything, so I know how it goes to not see each other for days.

I won't rub it in, but I'm at 32 days... OK, I'll rub a little. :-). Today is the last day I can modify my MagicBands according to MDE. One month from today, I'll be driving to Lake Louisa for my overnight stay to arrive bright and early at the Fort. I haven't even started to pack. I actually have to run down and put the cover back on the camper. We were out this past weekend and I thought I'd get another camping trip in before heading to the Fort, but that may not happen.

Very nice. Flametamr sent me a link to get one of the remote, multicolor LED bulbs. I was going to be boring and just put a white bulb in until I saw everyone's fancy ones at GSP.

j

DW will be happy to see me again, it is ok, we will be on the road right behind you, and yes I will bring my boring white mickey lamp to the fort. :D

Ok, well we are at 34 days to go. The rest to the September crew should be getting ready and getting excited, as some are only two weeks out now. Looking forward to some TR's coming and pictures. Have some work left to do, load the trailer, check lists, and some site decorations, which I am hoping to get done.
Good news, got a job on dayshift, so will be working Monday to Friday 7-330, finally get to see the DW again after six months. I have been working 330 pm until midnight or later. She is happy and timing could not be better for Disney prep.
34 Days !!!! Woo HOoo !!!

I am happy for you getting dayshift now, PaHunter.

You were working the Ol' Tiggerdad Swing Shift prior (he is a former poster here, used to post some times, then he got reg'ler hours and got respectable).

I'm keeping my eye out at Lowe's, Home Depot, and Walmart for Halloween decore' for my October trip. Fall can't get here soon enough.

Bama Ed

Last edited:

I am so excited, we have less than three weeks :)

I wonder how crowded the pools are now? School has started for the locals right?

I'm not a worker at all ... retired on November 30, 2014. Never have been a good wood worker. I can do simple stuff with wood however, I love metal working. My father was a machinist for 32 years so, through osmosis and observation, I learned how to do more than basic metal work.

PaHunter love the pics, you have quite a talent.
I told my husband about the Mickey lamp as soon as I saw the one here. He already ordered the supplies and is picking them up at Home Depot. I think he assumes if he does this I have to go out and buy him that travel trailer so we can go to the Fort with both:flower1:

I told my husband about the Mickey lamp as soon as I saw the one here. He already ordered the supplies and is picking them up at Home Depot. I think he assumes if he does this I have to go out and buy him that travel trailer so we can go to the Fort with both:flower1:
Smart man your husband Sleepy.

Thank you Sleepy425. I sold a print of one of my shots from this weekend, so i am happy.

I told my husband about the Mickey lamp as soon as I saw the one here. He already ordered the supplies and is picking them up at Home Depot.
I'm not sure if you have already ordered everything, but I couldn't find the 12 in globe for the head or the mounting base at my HD. I went into Menards and they had the pole and globe kit (including mounting base). HERE is a link to the pole with cross arm and HERE is the 12 in globe kit w/ base.

j

Amazon has a 12 in globe with the light kit for around the same price with prime. Looks the same as the one Tea posted.

He managed to order everything. Now he just needs to find the time to actually build it!
I'm not sure if you have already ordered everything, but I couldn't find the 12 in globe for the head or the mounting base at my HD. I went into Menards and they had the pole and globe kit (including mounting base). HERE is a link to the pole with cross arm and HERE is the 12 in globe kit w/ base.

j

Now he just needs to find the time to actually build it!
I'm not the one to help with that. I bought the milk can on a camping trip last Fall with full intentions of making it a Winter project. I started on it about 3 weeks ago and just finished. :D

j

Sleepy425, I post will be posting my Disney pictures along with others on my fb page, Chris Bowman's Photography Page. It is where they will reside as I get to post them.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!