***The Official AKV Owners And Lovers Thread***. Come And Chat

We have booked Kidani studio and there were going to be Grandma, Grandpa, Grandson (6) Grandson (1). The kids mom just started a new job and was unable to get the time off. That just changed can we have 3 adults and 2 children in the room if one of the kids is under 2?
I can't say how comfortable you all may be since I've never stayed in a studio there (at least not with that many people), but you will be okay as far as capacity limits.

Official capacity for the studio is 4 people plus 1 more if under the age of 3. The bed is queen size, the sleeper sofa is full size, and there's a Pack 'n Play that the 1-year-old can sleep in.

Last edited:
We have booked Kidani studio and there were going to be Grandma, Grandpa, Grandson (6) Grandson (1). The kids mom just started a new job and was unable to get the time off. That just changed can we have 3 adults and 2 children in the room if one of the kids is under 2?
We’ve slept 3 adults and 2 children in a studio many times! It’s not bad especially when they’re small. Enjoy!

Mom, 6 year old and 1 year old will sleep together on the pull out. I am bummed because I made a decision to switch from the poly lake view to kidani for the kids. We have stayed at the poly and like the extra bathroom. We will just have to be very organized.

Mom, 6 year old and 1 year old will sleep together on the pull out. I am bummed because I made a decision to switch from the poly lake view to kidani for the kids. We have stayed at the poly and like the extra bathroom. We will just have to be very organized.

It will be a great experience with the kids at Kidani. It has a great water play area that works for both the 1 year and the 6 year old and being able to see the animals on top of that is even better. Lots to do at AKV because of the community hall and all the evening activities for the 6 year old, less for the baby though. And there is a shuttle between Kidani and Jambo House so it is easy to get to one or the other. I think you will be fine. You can do another trip to the Poly.

We just put a down payment on DVC at AKV. We really love Jambo and know that it is hard to get. But if we book 11 months out, are our chances pretty good? I didn’t see the DVC at Jambo but I have stayed there. I did tour the DVC at Kidani. I noticed that the DVC at Kidani had way better lighting and even a make up mirror where as our room at Jambo did not. Does the Jambo DVC have the same great lighting and makeup mirror? Is it similar to the rooms we toured at Kidani? Specifically the one bedroom.

akv_jambo_house_1bedroom.jpg
Jambo House 1BR

AKV-kidani-1bedroomvilla.jpg
Kidani Village 1BR

The basic difference between the two is the floorpan as Jambo House villas are remodeled hotel rooms, two hotel rooms were converted to make up a 1BR. The makeup mirror was added after a recently soft goods renovation at Kidani Village. I think the same renovation was done a Jambo House too.

We just put a down payment on DVC at AKV. We really love Jambo and know that it is hard to get. But if we book 11 months out, are our chances pretty good? I didn’t see the DVC at Jambo but I have stayed there. I did tour the DVC at Kidani. I noticed that the DVC at Kidani had way better lighting and even a make up mirror where as our room at Jambo did not. Does the Jambo DVC have the same great lighting and makeup mirror? Is it similar to the rooms we toured at Kidani? Specifically the one bedroom.

The floor plans above should help, but Kidani has an extra bathroom, which could make a big difference. The downsides to Kidani are somewhat obvious— the distance from the Jambo amenities, and also reeeeeaaaalllly long hallways if you’re at the end. Like over half a mile walk from the lobby, literally. If you drive there, though, the parking at Kidani is great, in that you park under the building, so you could park close to those remote rooms.

I believe both buildings have the make-up mirror (at least in 1BRs and above). As far as lighting goes, they are comparable although neither is really that great. The problem: when Disney put in energy efficient lighting, it assumed that the wattage needed was the same as having incandescent bulbs when in reality an energy efficient bulb. such as 60 watt, was less illuminating than a incandescent 60 watt bulb. Kidani actually used to be much worse than Jambo for lighting. The fix done by Disney was not to change the lighting but to paint the walls at Kidani a lighter color, which improved lighting in Kidani.

Rooms at Kidani and Jambo are different. Studios are close to the same size but the Jambo tub/shower is in a separate room with the toilet while the Kidani tub/shower is next to the sink and thus anyone using the sink can see anyone else using the shower. The Kidani 1BR (and 2BR) is about 100 sq ft larger than than the Jambo 1BR (and 2BR). The Kidani 1BR is overall much nicer, with more closet space, two bathrooms and a large master bath with a separate tub and shower; Jambo 1BR has a combined tub and shower in the master (and only) bathroom and the tub requires a very high stepover which can be difficult for older people with any knee issues. If desire is better room, the Kidani 1BR wins by a large margin. If you are like many of us who have bought there, you begin with the belief that you will always want Jambo and then, as time progresses, turn into a firm believer that the only place to stay if you have a 1BR or 2BR is Kidani. One other thing to be aware of with Jambo rooms: for all of AKV, there is no problem booking 11 months out except for both value rooms and club level, both of which are only at Jambo. The value (smaller rooms) very often disappear before 11 months out (booked by someone with a start date just before yours) or within seconds ater 8 a.m. at 11 months out, and for club level rooms that is really an all year problem. It is more a problem for studios and 2BRs than for 1BRs but advice to follow is that you should not buy AKV with the desire to get, and belief that you will always be able to get, value or club level rooms at 11 months out.

Jambo's advantage is amenities. It has the much larger store and lobby, and three restaurants: Jiko, a rather expensive but good table service. Boma, one of the best buffets on site, and Mara, a good quick service restaurant which has lots of seating. Kidani has only one table-service restaurant, Sanaa, but it is very good. The Jambo pool is significantly larger than Kidani's and has a lot more areas to find shade. However, the Kidani pool has the much longer slide and an excellent kids (3 to 12) water play area. Kidani also has the better food/bar service area at the pool with a lot more seating under the roof in the shade. Kidani also has a community hall and Jambo deos not. If you have a car, Kidani is ideal with its under-building parking lot that runs almost the length of the entire building, and with three elevators along each of the two wings, one can usually find a parking space fairly clise to one's room regardless of where the room is. Jambo parking is in a large lot across the road that is in the front of the building and walk from car to room can run from not too bad to very long. Bus service from the two buildings is comparable. Buses stop at both resorts, but often during higher demand morning times, there are direct busses to MK from each building. Overall the service to the parks is somewhat better than other DVC resorts, with fewer delays (possibly because there are only two stops at the resort), but distance to parks other than AK (only 10 minutes) is longer.

Another big difference between Kidani and Jambo is the walk from room to lobby (or bus stop or pool). The two wings at the Jambo building are very long and the walk from end room to lobby or bus stop can be punishing. However, Jambo has nothing on Kidani, which has the longest walks down an internal hallway from end rooms to lobby of any hotel in the world (and I mean on the earth not just WDW). The Kidani buiding is greater than 2/3 mile long and walk from end rooms to lobby or bus stop can be over 1/3 mile (basically the walk from end room on the north wing to the bus stop is about the same as walking from the base of World Showcase at Epcot to Germany). The result has been that members often make room requests for Kidani that can put them closer to the lobby. For Jambo, that is not actually the best idea if you have savanna view because rooms closer to the lobby do not have as good views as rooms elesewhere.

Last edited:
Just passed ROFR on AKL as well!! Don’t close until April though. Has anyone struggled with booking a studio around 8-9 months out? We are hoping to go in January or February...
You should have no trouble getting a standard or savanna, but the more desired value and club level go quickly at 11 months. Occasionally you can find a night here or there. Enjoy!

We haven't stayed in a remodeled studio at Kidani Village yet, but here is the photo of the vanity area of a remodeled studio at Jambo House. If one got the makeup mirror, I would think that Kidani Village would have it too.

IMG_4030.jpg

I'm so excited.... we are official owners at AKV. It's such a beautiful resort. We debated buying direct when we stayed there for the first time a few years ago, but just recently decided to purchase a resale contract, saving so much money. Can't wait to book our first trip to our new home.

I'm so excited.... we are official owners at AKV. It's such a beautiful resort. We debated buying direct when we stayed there for the first time a few years ago, but just recently decided to purchase a resale contract, saving so much money. Can't wait to book our first trip to our new home.
Congrats! Hopefully we'll be members soon. Waiting to hear from Disney direct.

I am staying at Kidani in July in a savanna view studio with my 15 yr old son. I’m not to picky about a room and don’t mind the walk but I know I definitely want to be in the south trail. Should I just request south trail or should I be more specific? TIA

Hi all - Thinking if planning a stay for later this year. Are both Jambi and Kidani villas renovated now? Hoping for a savannna studio. Thanks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter