***The Official AKV Owners And Lovers Thread***. Come And Chat

So if you are in Kidani Village is there anywhere to get coffee at besides your room? I heard there's a drink station by the Pool at Kidani right? Would I need to get it at the Mara in Jambo House?

It‘s in the gift shop in the lobby. You can fill your coffee and soda. Open from 7 am to 10 pm.

So if you are in Kidani Village is there anywhere to get coffee at besides your room? I heard there's a drink station by the Pool at Kidani right? Would I need to get it at the Mara in Jambo House?

In addition to the aforementioned, Sanaa also of course sells coffee.

I apologize is this has already been asked and answered but I see they are renovating the Jambo House rooms. Will they skip over the DVC rooms in Jambo House or are they included in this renovation?

https://www.disneytouristblog.com/new-rooms-animal-kingdom-lodge-jambo-house-review/

The renovations are nearly complete. It is the hotel side only, no DVC rooms are being renovated as they are on their own renovation schedule separate from the hotels. DVC Jambo and Kidani are not due again for some years.

SW

DVC has been slowly pulling inventory on Value rooms. 2 times I have tried to add a day to my reservation at the 11 month window and can't because of a 3 day block of unavailable rooms. I noticed it over MLK weekend booking and a few days ago. I called MS and they said they were taking them out to fix broken things in the rooms. So If you have trouble with booking value room this could also be the reason.

Unfortunately I had to cancel my Disney Cruise that was scheduled for next week. However, thanks to people canceling their spring break vacations, I was able to book a Savanah Room Studio in Jambo house.

Are we able to use the pool and splash pad at Kidani if we are staying at Jambo? My youngest daughter is two and she would love the splash pad.

May rent some points for a quick stay in November at Jambo House. Is there any quick service food options for lunch/dinner right now? Only the pool bars? If so, it seems a very limited menu.

May rent some points for a quick stay in November at Jambo House. Is there any quick service food options for lunch/dinner right now? Only the pool bars? If so, it seems a very limited menu.
From what I've heard there are no food options in Jambo aside from the vending machines. For food you need to take the shuttle over to Kidani where there are options at Sanna and in the store. We don't know when anything at Jambo will open back up, chances are not until 2021 at the earliest.

No food. People has described the place as almost tomb like. The hotel portion is not open and DVC accounts for very few units overall.

I will be there in November and am actually looking forward to it. With a full kitchen, I can cook, relax on the balcony and sit by the pool.... don't mind going to Kidani so might head out to Sanaa or the little store.

I knew what the deal was when I made the reservation, though, so this isn't a problem for me.... room and pool, peace and quiet sound good after the last few months. Just know if you decide to book at Jambo, that is the state of things and will be for awhile. Don't make the reservation assuming/hoping that things will be open in the near future... no indication that will happen anytime soon.

does anyone know what the current policy is regarding grocery delivery? In the past, it was allowed to be delivered during the day and held at bell services until you check in. I am not sure if that is still an option. with wanting to head to the parks as soon as we get there, i am not sure how to handle the grocery delivery.

And is it better to go with Garden Grocer type service, or would something like Amazon prime be better?

does anyone know what the current policy is regarding grocery delivery? In the past, it was allowed to be delivered during the day and held at bell services until you check in. I am not sure if that is still an option. with wanting to head to the parks as soon as we get there, i am not sure how to handle the grocery delivery.

And is it better to go with Garden Grocer type service, or would something like Amazon prime be better?

Bell services will still take in and hold your groceries for you. They ask that if you need assistance that we not walk with the bell services person, but rather wait at our rooms for delivery.

I personally like Amazon prime Now for prices, selection and service.
Walmart is an option too, I've used them and the prices can't be beat. They are good about letting us know when our order is on its way and I'm familiar with what the stores keep in stock at home, which is mostly the same in the south.

We are looking to book at Jambo Oct 9, 2021. I’m having a hard time deciding on what view to get. I can either get a studio with a savanna view, or a two bedroom standard. I’ve heard you can ask for a partial savanna view for standards. Anyone have experience with this? I’m not sure if I want to give up my guaranteed savanna for the possibility of a partial two bedroom. What is everyone’s opinion?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!