*** The Official August 2018 Thread*** - let's have some fun....

I'm trying to be consistent. When I took our son for his solo 10th birthday trip we did 1 night BC, 5 nights AS MUSIC then 1 night WL. So I'm trying to repeat the Deluxe, Value, Deluxe model.

I never took DS on a mother/son trip. I offered but he never wanted to go. He is going on his senior class trip in March so it's my "excuse" for taking DD.

Count us in for 8/24/18 - 9/2/18. It'll be myself, DW, DD2, DM, DF, DMiL and DFiL. Proposed itinerary with desired ressies set. Hoping CSR, but need to get the free dining to make it work financially. Fingers crossed!

Anyone able to cross reference me to the link I should be monitoring for the free dining?

Last edited:
Changing my dates again!

Decided to do a split stay next summer between Disney & Universal.

So our Disney dates are August 18-29.

We're still headed for the Poly --- although my daughters are now talking about the Beach Club!

Then we're going to Cabana Bay at Universal August 29 - September 1st.

:thanks:

Last edited:
So, we actually have a little action regarding our possible 2018 trip. I have an uncle whom is largely responsible for starting my Disney World addiction. He has lived in Oklahoma for quite a number of years now. Recently, he was talking to my mother on the phone, and the idea of him meeting us in Florida next year came up.

A while back, in a conversation I had with him on the phone, he mentioned how he was sorry that he had never had a chance to show me New Orleans, which he likes perhaps even a bit more than Disney. So, when my mother told me about him maybe meeting us for Disney, I suggested that perhaps we could meet in New Orleans, spend a day or two there, and then drive to Disney from there.

Nothing in stone yet, but a plan is starting to formulate.

Hi all! Add us to the list please! August 21-28 staying at All Star Music. This will be our second trip with our two kids. We went in 2015 at the end of April beginning of May. This trip they will be 8 & 6. I'm not looking forward to the HOT Florida temps in August, but it is the only time we are able to go. Hoping for low crowds and free dining!!

4.5 days and we book our Bounce Back for POR August 2018!
We booked a river view room with FD last week on bounceback. We were given the choice between a river view or a royal room for the bounceback offer. We are hoping to get a river view room in building 14 or 27 (we like the AB rooms over the mansion rooms). After looking at portorleans.org we saw that 14 and 27 are river view rooms. Last year we were in building 15 and loved it! Love PORS!

So a question for my August 2018 friends. Any predictions as to if they'll do MNSSHP in August next year like they are this year? We may wiggle our dates a bit if we can hit one of the early parties.

So a question for my August 2018 friends. Any predictions as to if they'll do MNSSHP in August next year like they are this year? We may wiggle our dates a bit if we can hit one of the early parties.
I hope so. That's the main reason we are booked for the last 2 weeks next year. :)

I hope not too soon and not too many parties. We avoid Jersey Week because the dates we would go usually have 4 parties out of the 7 nights. We like to do evenings in MK so I would rather go when there aren't a lot of parties.

And Halloween in August? I think September 1st is pushing it but August??? I'm on summer vacation, not fall break. lol

I never took DS on a mother/son trip. I offered but he never wanted to go. He is going on his senior class trip in March so it's my "excuse" for taking DD.

It's the best!! Went for a weekend get-away with my DS last year. We had a blast just the two of us. So much, he wants to go back again in November. We have the trip booked, but DW is against us going this year. And I'm not asking for any money, I've put my own money aside for this special trip. DS is upset and really wants to go! I'm hoping for the best...

It's the best!! Went for a weekend get-away with my DS last year. We had a blast just the two of us. So much, he wants to go back again in November. We have the trip booked, but DW is against us going this year. And I'm not asking for any money, I've put my own money aside for this special trip. DS is upset and really wants to go! I'm hoping for the best...

I'm not married but my SO is all for DD and I going. I keep offering for him to come with us but he said no thanks since DS won't be there and he doesn't want to be at the mercy of the girls. lol He has been once with us but he's more into Epcot so he wants to do an adults trip during F&W and focus on Epcot. Maybe in two years we can do that!

I hope you can make it work!

Count us in :) DH, DS (13), and I are booked at All Star Sports from 8/15 - 8/25 and are hoping to catch MNSSHP the last night we are there (Friday). I am having so much fun planning! Cannot wait! We are driving from NJ and plan to spend a day at Kennedy Space Center and a day at Gatorland/Titanic while we are there. I know it's bad to wish your life away, but I hope 2018 gets here fast :)

Count us in :) DH, DS (13), and I are booked at All Star Sports from 8/15 - 8/25 and are hoping to catch MNSSHP the last night we are there (Friday). I am having so much fun planning! Cannot wait! We are driving from NJ and plan to spend a day at Kennedy Space Center and a day at Gatorland/Titanic while we are there. I know it's bad to wish your life away, but I hope 2018 gets here fast :)

We are driving from NJ too!! August 21-28/30....still unsure how long. This will be our first time driving and with 2 kids ages 8 & 6 then. I'm worried about the drive and the August heat! Are you driving straight through or stopping? If stopping, where will you stop? Looks like you have a fun vacation planned!! Let's go 2018!!!

Hello to all
We have moved up our Disney trip from Aug 2019 to Aug 2018 . This will be my son's 13 & 8 1st trip . I haven't been to Disney in 22 years so it's like my 1st time as well. We are planning on staying on property at Pop Century or All Star movie. We will also we going wit my mother and my sister. As of right now we are driving but if I can get a deal on tickets we will fly. Aug 20- 25 for on Disney property but we will be staying in Florida for about 9 days total. Any tips will help I've been reading and watch youtube so I've learned a lot in the last three days .

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter