The Official Dec Trip Report Thread

There are 4 of us and the kids are grown now so we will be 4 adults behaving like children.
Welcome to the DIS and the Camping Forum. My next trip, this February, will be DW, DS and me. DS turns 20 in a few weeks. We were just at the Fort in September, but we brought our 6 year old niece. This will be the first trip without worrying about height requirements and school calendars. I'm pretty excited to see what an "adult" trip will be like.

j

Hey There! My kids and I will be staying in a cabin from the 23rd to the 30th. This is our first trip to Disney and we couldn't be more excited to be doing this inaugural trip at CHRISTMAS! There are 4 of us and the kids are grown now so we will be 4 adults behaving like children. I anticipate many tears of joy and overwhelming emotional responses to just about everything we see... 3 MORE WEEKS!!!
My husband says he is 7 in Disney years. Have a wonderful vacation!

On her first trip I warned my wife just before we went through the tunnel for the train station That once I hit Main Street I instantly turn into a 6 year old. I have high Hopes that this is the year they believe I really am just 6 but I have lots of experience at it at Jedi Training Academy

On her first trip I warned my wife just before we went through the tunnel for the train station That once I hit Main Street I instantly turn into a 6 year old. I have high Hopes that this is the year they believe I really am just 6 but I have lots of experience at it at Jedi Training Academy

I'm same way. As soon as I come out of that tunnel I'm a kid.

Or, more of a kid anyway.

I love walking through the train station tunnel onto Main Street and feeling all the magical possibilities of a day in The Kingdom! By the way, Mike, I like being called "Mrs Bert's mom" as you said in an earlier post.

Okay the Mrs Bert's Mom it is I know all too well that feeling you get stepping out of the tunnel and seeing THE CASTLE before you I get it everytime

And do you linger on the way out staring at the castle (especially at night) until the rest of the family yells at you to get moving??
I wish I was only just that bad. I start to feel a touch of sadness as I am leaving each of the parks for my last visit each trip. For Animal Kingdom our last walk around The Tree of Life. In DHS it was never the Sorcerers Hat I loved seeing the Mouse ears on the Water Tower and replaced that with THE THEATER. In EPCOT, it starts the last time we watch Illuminations and Seeing The Golf Ball disappear in the distance. Magic Kingdom which represents all of WDW for me, ( We are not really at WDW till I see the castle no matter what else we may have done ) is a lot tougher. Lucille my DW LOVES TONY's so we make that our first and last Park Meal By dessert I am planning our next trip. The next morning as we are having Breakfast at TRAILS END I approach heart broken Seeing the OUTPOST in my mirror as we pull out brings a tear to my eye

Last edited:
Just got back from another amazing Disney cruise if you have never taken one, I highly recommend it. Now to start planning our camping trip. Just printed my packing list and have started making a menu list for the week. We are not doing any parks, so except for eating out a few times at the resorts and DS, most meals will be made at camp. Looking forward to reading the trip reports for those that are already there or on there way.

Cruise, camp, dang Terri, when do you guys find time to pay the bills? :rotfl2:

I'll be there in a month. :cool2:

Bama Ed

Just got back from another amazing Disney cruise if you have never taken one, I highly recommend it. Now to start planning our camping trip. Just printed my packing list and have started making a menu list for the week. We are not doing any parks, so except for eating out a few times at the resorts and DS, most meals will be made at camp. Looking forward to reading the trip reports for those that are already there or on there way.

I know we camping here, but I highly second your cruise comment! Have fun at the Fort! Don't think I'll be flying back for the Christmas gathering :(

Tomorrow we will open our popup to make sure it's ok, clean it and pack it. We haven't used it since May and it's weathered Hurricane Irma so I'm hoping it's fine and that no water got in it. We are scheduled to arrive December 27 but I think I'm going to try and postpone it till December 29. My dad is having some health issues and I don't want to be away for so long. Will make the call tomorrow to Disney to see if they can change it but I fully expect to have to wait until a supervisor approves the change (or not). If I can't change it, I might just take the loss and show up two days later. I imagine they won't cancel it or put anyone in the site - they don't mess with throwaways so I should be safe.

We are here in 1936 until the 18th. Feel free to swing by and say hello. I'm not sure anyone is down here right now? Yes? No? I can swing by and meet meet you too. I'm on laundry duty this rainy morning.

Last edited:
Called today and it was amazingly painless to change my reservation to come in on the 29. I’m sure those two days will be snapped up quickly. Now i can start getting excited.

We are here in 1936 until the 18th. Feel free to swing by and say hello. I'm not sure anyone is down here right now? Yes? No? I can swing by and meet meet you too. I'm on laundry duty this rainy morning.

Glad you guys have arrived safe and sound. Have a blast and maybe post some pics if you can.

Tiggerdad, I have been posting my report in the Happy Campers 2017 post. Right now my trip report is on pause, but as promised will pick it up and continue on once home. I do have pictures of my site posted if you care to see. I don't have any photos of squirrels yet. However, I do have a squirrel update just for you...

Back when we first started coming here the squirrels were thick. The following year, they got into our belongings. The following year, they got into our tent and ate the tent and the food in it. The following year, they jumped right up on our table and tried to steal our lunch with us RIGHT THERE. Disney had at that time a serious squirrel problem! Last year however, I barley noticed them. Hubby and I have a theory that Disney did what Disney knows how to do and "took care" of the squirrel problem in one big swoop. I have my thoughts on how this was done. I saw like 10 squirrels in a two week time period last trip verses 569 just standing still at my site and counting. You can't say our lack of squirrels was due to another loop or time frame, cause the loop and time have always been the same (past three trips anyway). Also, extended stays. Zero squirrel nuisance last trip. Zero. Fast forward another 11 months and your squirrel population is back stronger than ever. Full force! Ninja strong and forming gangs once again. Nothing is going to keep those dirty little rodents down. Not even Disney, atleast not for long that is.

Squirrel Power!

IMG_2367.jpg

Today will be MK rope drop, then over to AK to use up some anytime FOP FPs, and then over to HS for Rockin Rollercoster and TT FPs. Big park day! Plan to be out of MK around 11. Things get crazy over at that park once the noon hour hits.

Glad you guys have arrived safe and sound. Have a blast and maybe post some pics if you can.

Last edited:
They were in development training. Only a skeleton crew on hand to keep up with the day-to-day operations. Sorry about any delays or lack of thieving. You have to expect losses in a big operation.

Just to clarify: They ate the tent...or a just a hole in the tent?

P.S.
I like the picture!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!