The Official Dec Trip Report Thread

Well looks like our trip is off. Picked the Coach up from shop (Minor stuff Winterize, Oil Change and inspection of filters and repair satellite system) And went to get fuel. Mistake 1 I should have waited till mid day and I got sideswiped. Half storage compartment doors on Drivers side and end cap gone Starting to think going for Christmas is a bad idea. No Body hurt but still upsetting

You are KIDDING me. Again? Bama Ed

giphy.gif

Well looks like our trip is off. Picked the Coach up from shop (Minor stuff Winterize, Oil Change and inspection of filters and repair satellite system) And went to get fuel. Mistake 1 I should have waited till mid day and I got sideswiped. Half storage compartment doors on Drivers side and end cap gone Starting to think going for Christmas is a bad idea. No Body hurt but still upsetting

Omg Mike, that sucks. I am glad no one was hurt but that sucks.

Sorry Mike.

If it’s usable, do what I did. Go anyway. I was less then an hour from the campground when I got hit, but I kept using the camper for the rest of the season before I took it to the factory to get fixed.

j

Sorry Mike.

If it’s usable, do what I did. Go anyway. I was less then an hour from the campground when I got hit, but I kept using the camper for the rest of the season before I took it to the factory to get fixed.

j
Jim the damage to rear driver side panel is too extensive for a duct tape redneck repair Won't risk having a chunk fly off while I am on the road Better safe and disappointed than arrested and disappointed.
Thanks Denise Maybe next year.

Mike, we are sorry to hear of the accident. Two years ago, driving home from the Fort, we also were in an accident with our new fiver in the mountains by Chattanooga. Tore off almost completely the back cap. After unhooking, Bill drove into Chattanooga to get miles and miles of duct tape. Rednecking it, We limped home to Wisconsin, entering one heck of a snowstorm, but we made it. Wiring in our back kitchen was also torn apart, so staying in it would have not been possible. I hear your pain. Good luck.

Jim the damage to rear driver side panel is too extensive
I was pretty luck that most of my damage was cosmetic. The cargo door was a mess, but I could get it to stay closed. Hopefully they get you fixed up and you can get rescheduled at the Fort.

j

Mike had to cancel at the last minute at this time last year (for those that didn't know). Now this mishap has happened and again it's a last minute cancel THIS year.

Unbelievable.

Bama Ed

2 years in a row? That's ridiculous. And I suppose the person that hit you said he never saw your rig right in front of them

Mike had to cancel at the last minute at this time last year (for those that didn't know). Now this mishap has happened and again it's a last minute cancel THIS year.

Unbelievable.

Bama Ed
Last year we were on our way. At our 1st stop found out that we had no power coming in from post with shore line connected. Everybody said no problem to fix see you in 2 weeks and we'll take care of it.

So sorry to hear Mike. Sometimes it seems the only luck we have is bad.
Boomer I have a deep belief nothing happens in God's world by accident just have to take it in stride and live Life on lifes terms

2 years in a row? That's ridiculous. And I suppose the person that hit you said he never saw your rig right in front of them
Young kid showing off for hi friends went to blow by me and found he had to slam on his brake sand took out my driver side storage doors and rear body cap

Dang Mike, I hate to hear this AGAIN.

Have you considered one of the other holidays? Sounds like someone wants you home for the holidays.

PS
Arrested and disappointed? Only if the cable is disconnected.

We are on the road! Made it from Birmingham area to Auburn to pick DS's girlfriend, who just finished her last final exam. The plan is to get a nap in the MM 346 rest area, then on to The Fort early Saturday morning for check-in. Heading to Animal Kingdom for a while then back to setup and dinner at Trails End. I am pushing to go over to MK after dinner to catch the fireworks. It just doesn't seem right if you don't get to Magic Kingdom on arrival day!

So sorry to hear this, Mike. Hope repairs can be made soon enough and the trip can be rescheduled.

Last edited:
Michael Having a birthday at Christmas time and spending those 2 days at WDW has been on my Bucket list for a LONG time Think 30 + years.
I have spent more than a few Christmases in jail and even at time and a half, with a John Wayne Marathon and group provided traditional inner they suck. Like I told Lucille last year after we got home and she suggested I fly down I want to do it but it won't mean anything with out her and the kids

Well folks, it's been another great trip! We're on the road headed home and I'm starting back in on my report. Happy Campers (Dec 2017). I just edited page 4&5 with some photos too.

Hope you all read up on my report. I cry & fight people (kind of sort of). It's drama filled, so it should make for a good read.

PS - no actual physical fighting ;) war like though for sure!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter