<><> The "Official" DISNEY RECIPE Exchange! <><> 1850+ recipes!

Update!!
We are done finding all the new pages and posts!! WOOHOO!!

@PrincessNancy96 and I will be redoing the actual index one post at a time. So bear with us. We will make notes as to which posts have been redone so you guys can start finding things again and so we know where we left off

Thanks, that was for hummus. I'm looking for the white bean hummus-they are two different items and flavors.

One of our members posted back in 2009: " I can't find a recipe to recreate the white bean hummus, and since it is not made by WDW they can't provide one either. But the japaleno hummus at Cost Plus World Market does taste similar, especially when eaten with plain Stacy's pita chips. "

So it may be that no one has this recipe. Sorry.

One of our members posted back in 2009: " I can't find a recipe to recreate the white bean hummus, and since it is not made by WDW they can't provide one either. But the japaleno hummus at Cost Plus World Market does taste similar, especially when eaten with plain Stacy's pita chips. "

So it may be that no one has this recipe. Sorry.

Thanks!

However in doing a google search I found this on allears.net...

@Kenny1113 -- maybe this is it...

White Bean Hummus
Boma Flavors of Africa
Animal Kingdom Lodge

Ingredients:

32 ounces Chickpeas, canned, drained, and rinsed
5 Tablespoons Tahini, mix well
2 Tablespoons Garlic, roasted
1 tablespoon Garlic, fresh
10 each Lemons, juiced
Salt and Pepper

Method of Preparation:

1. Place chickpeas in robot coupe (food processor). Puree.
2. Add tahini, both garlics, and half the lemon juice. Mix.
3. Adjust lemon juice and finish with salt and pepper.

However in doing a google search I found this on allears.net...

@Kenny1113 -- maybe this is it...

White Bean Hummus
Boma Flavors of Africa
Animal Kingdom Lodge

Ingredients:

32 ounces Chickpeas, canned, drained, and rinsed
5 Tablespoons Tahini, mix well
2 Tablespoons Garlic, roasted
1 tablespoon Garlic, fresh
10 each Lemons, juiced
Salt and Pepper

Method of Preparation:

1. Place chickpeas in robot coupe (food processor). Puree.
2. Add tahini, both garlics, and half the lemon juice. Mix.
3. Adjust lemon juice and finish with salt and pepper.

Yes this is what I have found too. :(
However this is not what has been served at Boma in recent years-it has a reddish/rust color and lots of flavor.

Thanks for looking!

Sorry @Kenny1113! We will keep tabs to see it that one comes up. If it does, I will let you know.

Dh said it probably has a curry, paprika or sun dried tomato to give it that reddish color.

OK appetizers and soups are updated.
Tomorrow we will be working on Sides and Entrees, we are missing about 1/2 the sides from the last move so those will need to be typed in and Entrees is 10 pages long so that's going to take me a few hours.

I have to say I really like the new options in the formats on the new boards.

Just a quick update about downloading the file. I found a setting in Google Drive that prevents people from downloading. I changed the setting, so the download should work. Please let me know if it's still a problem.

pirate:
I have been a lurker on the forum for a long time. How do I access the PDF file that is in the "sig"? Thanks. NEVERMIND - Found it in your signature. Thanks.

Last edited:
Does anyone have a recipe for the African spiced corned beef hash that Boma serves for breakfast? I looked in the index and did not see that recipe. My hubby would probably love me forever if I surprised him with that!

Hi, goofy mamma from the early days posted on page 170 she was trying to get in touch with you. She has a different screen name. Told her you may be traveling, guess

Got the new Kitchen Magic with Mickey. There'some repeats as well as recipes that have been posted online but there's also a lot of new recipes. About 156 pages and well worth the $22.95 price tag. Quite a few of the recipes have so many parts and steps to them (not to mention ingredients) that I'll probably never try them - but it's still fun to read. http://diningatdisney.com/new-disney-cookbook-kitchen-magic-mickey/
My above message was for you. With the new software posting and quoting changed..... Never was tech savvy:crazy2:

I check in every now and then but in the summer I'm off most of the time working on cruise ships. I think you can leave a message through this board?

BTW, the Disney Parks Blog regularly posts Disney recipes as well and just did a series of drinks from Castaway Cay.

buifw780313-613x919.jpg

Frozen Heart

• 5 oz. frozen tropical juice
  • 1 oz. coconut water
  • .5 oz blue curaçao syrup
  • .5 oz. passion fruit juice
  • .5 oz. orange juice
  • .5 oz. guava juice
Blend frozen tropical juice and coconut water. Layer bottom of glass with blue curaçao syrup. Pour blended drink and add passion fruit, orange and guava juices. Stir to mix.

DCLWH8475713-613x919.jpg

Warm Hugs

• 2 scoops ice cream
  • 4 strawberries
  • 1.5 oz. coconut cream
  • 4.5 oz. Illy Issimo Mochaccino
Blend ingredients and top with whipped cream, fresh strawberries and chocolate syrup.

WMFSTF5886885-613x919.jpg

Worth Melting For

• 2 pieces fresh passion fruit
  • 6 oz. piña colada mix
  • 1 oz. blue curaçao syrup
  • Ice
  1. Blend passion fruit with piña colada mix and ice.
  2. Layer bottom of glass with a half ounce blue curaçao syrup.
  3. Pour drink and drizzle a half ounce blue curaçao syrup.

vuivui37659921.jpg

Sven’s Carrot Delight
    • 3 oz. Odwalla carrot juice
    • 3 oz. vanilla mix
    • 1.5 oz. coconut cream
    • .75 oz. passion fruit juice
    • .75 oz. orange juice
    • .75 oz. guava juice
    • Ice
    Blend all ingredients with ice and enjoy!

4. Congratulations San Francisco, You’ve Ruined Pizza
    Pixar Animation Studios’ Luxo Café
    Makes 1 - 10 inch pizza

5. Store-bought pizza dough
    1/2-can of San Marzano tomatoes
    1/4-head broccoli, cut into bite-sized pieces
    1/2 garlic clove, smashed and minced
    1/2 garlic clove, thinly sliced
    2-oz. marinara sauce
    Semolina
    Zest and juice from 1/4-lemon
    Grated mozzarella cheese
    Chile flakes
    Parmesan reggiano
    Sea salt, to taste
    Extra virgin olive oil, to taste

San Marzano Tomatoes
    Drain a 1/2-can of San Marzano tomatoes and slice in half carefully. Squeeze seeds out and grate the “meat” of the tomatoes on a box grater. Season with sea salt and olive oil to taste. Add 1/2 garlic clove, smashed and minced.
    Slow-Cooked Broccoli
    Heat 1 tsp. of olive oil in a large saute pan. Add garlic and cook until fragrant, about 20 seconds. Add broccoli, chile flake, and enough olive oil to coat. Turn heat to low and cook, stirring occasionally until broccoli is cooked, but still has texture. Fold in lemon zest and season to taste with lemon juice and salt.
    Assembling Pizza: Heat oven to 425°F. Arrange store-bought pizza dough on a peel with a generous dusting of semolina. Spread 2-oz. marinara over dough. Sprinkle grated mozzarella cheese over the top to taste, then finish with chile flakes and broccoli. Place in the oven on a pre-heated pizza stone or sheet tray. Bake until the dough is cooked to your liking and the cheese is melted. Grate fresh parmesan reggiano cheese over the pizza and serve!

6. Citrus & Sichuan Peppercorn-Crusted Yellowfin Tuna Loin with Vegetables and Carrot-Coconut-Curried Infusion
    Flying Fish Café, Disney’s Boardwalk Resort
    Serves 4

Crusted Tuna

4 (6-ounce) tuna loin steaks
    2 tbsp. canola oil, divided
    Citrus-Sichuan Peppercorn Crust
    Fresh cilantro for garnish, optional
    Peppercorn Crust

2 tbsp. Sichuan peppercorns
    1 tsp. turbinado sugar or raw sugar
    1 orange, zested & juiced
    1 lemon, zested & juiced
    1 lime, zested & juiced
    1/2 tsp. coarse salt

Peppercorn Crust

Pulse-grind Sichuan peppercorns in a small grinder until coarse ground. Add turbinado or raw sugar, pulse to blend and slightly grind. Combine zests of orange, lemon, and lime in small mixing bowl. Add ground Sichuan peppercorn-sugar mixture to zest. Add coarse salt and blend well. Set aside.

Crusted Tuna
    Place large non-stick saute pan over high heat. While pan is heating, lightly coat tuna steaks with 1 tbsp. canola oil and lightly dust evenly with prepared citrus-Sichuan peppercorn crust. Do not overcoat.
    Add 1 tbsp. canola oil to pan and immediately add tuna steaks. Cook evenly on both sides to create a well-caramelized crust, about 2-3 minutes, watching carefully to avoid burning. Remove from pan and transfer to small sheet pan to rest. Tuna is best done rare to medium-rare. For more well-done, finish off in a 375°F oven. Slice tuna steaks on bias. Garnish with cilantro as desired. Serve immediately.

Screen-Shot-2015-07-14-at-12.51.47-PM.png

Local-style Acai Bowl

Aulani, a Disney Resort & Spa
    Serves 4

• 3/4 cup acai purée
    • 1 cup frozen strawberries
    • 1 cup frozen blueberries
    • 2 bananas, divided
    • 1/4 cup local honey, more for drizzling
    • 1/2 cup organic granola
    • 12 slices starfruit
    • 1/2 cup poha berries
    • 1/2 cup fresh strawberries
    • Fresh mint leaves, for garnish
    1. Blend purée, strawberries, blueberries, 1 banana, and honey in a blender on high speed. Pour into 4 small serving bowls.
    2. Top each with even amounts of granola, starfuit, poha berries, strawberries, and banana. Drizzle to taste with honey and garnish with mint.
    Chef’s note: Acai is a reddish, purple berry that comes from the acai palm tree which is native to Central and South America. High in antioxidants, the flavor is described as a cross between a rich blackberry or raspberry and a piece of dark chocolate. The sweet-tart poha berry is a relative of the tomatillo that looks like a cherry but tastes more like a tart tomato. Acai purée can be found in the freezer section of local health food stores.
cpswdw938475-613x408.jpg

Chickpea Salad

Serves 8 as a side dish or appetizer
Harambe Market, Animal Kingdom

2 tablespoons olive oil
1 tablespoon minced garlic
1 tablespoon minced fresh ginger
1/2 small jalapeno pepper, seeds removed, minced
1 teaspoon tamarind paste, dissolved in 3 tablespoons of water
1/4 teaspoon chaat masala, optional
1/2 medium yellow onion, diced
2 (14.5-ounce) cans chickpeas, drained and rinsed
2 to 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice, divided
Coarse salt, freshly ground black pepper, to taste
1 large tomato, seeds removed, diced
1/2 cucumber, peeled, seeded and diced
1/2 bunch cilantro, stems removed, minced

1. Heat oil in a small sauté pan over medium heat. Add garlic, ginger and jalapeno; cook until garlic is lightly golden. Set aside until mixture is room temperature. Whisk in tamarind paste and chaat masala. Stir in onion. Refrigerate until cold.
  2. Add chilled spice mixture to chickpeas, tossing to coat. Add 2 tablespoons lime juice and stir to combine. Season with salt and pepper. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
  3. Just before serving, add cucumber, tomato and cilantro. Add remaining 1 tablespoon lime juice, if desired. Serve chilled or at room temperature.
Cook’s notes: Tamarind paste has a distinctive, tart flavor. It can be purchased in Asian and Latin-American grocery stores or online. Chaat masala is a spice blend available in specialty food stores and some grocery stores or online.

My favorite drink at Epcot this year was "la Vie en Rose". The ingredients are supposed to be grey goose vodka, grey goose vodka orange, st Germaine and white and red cranberry juice. I made the slushie in the blender tonight and got pretty close. just wondering if someone has the recipe

My favorite drink at Epcot this year was "la Vie en Rose". The ingredients are supposed to be grey goose vodka, grey goose vodka orange, st Germaine and white and red cranberry juice. I made the slushie in the blender tonight and got pretty close. just wondering if someone has the recipe

I look online in several different sites and I did not find specific measurements.. Sorry. I even checked our recipe index and didn't find it there either. :(

Anyone have the recipe for the arancini (SP?) from Via Napoli?

Does anyone have the recipe for the Walt's Favorite Meatloaf at Carnation Cafe in Disneyland?
Menu says: "our special blend of beef and pork served with ketchup glaze, mashed potatoes, mushroom gravy etc." This sounds an awful lot like the 50s Prime Time Cafe Meatloaf recipe. Have you tried it to see if it tastes similar?

Cousin Ann's Traditional Meatloaf
50's Prime Time Cafe , Disney-MGM Studios
Blend of Beef and Pork topped with Tomato Glaze

2 lb ground beef
1 lb ground pork
4 eggs
1 cup seasoned bread crumbs
½ cup diced onions
1/4 cup diced green peppers
1/4 cup diced red peppers
2 Tbsp worcestershire sauce
Cracked black pepper to taste
Kosher salt to taste
½ cup Meatloaf Glaze (recipe below)

Dice peppers and onions and set aside for later use. Combine meats and seasonings. Add vegetables. Place meat mixture in oiled loaf pan. Bake at 350º F oven for 1 hour (internal temp 155º).
Brush meatloaf with meatloaf glaze. Bake another 10 minutes. Let meatloaf set 10 minutes, cut loaf and serve.

MEATLOAF GLAZE
½ cup ketchup
1 Tbsp brown sugar
1 Tsp Dijon mustard
½ Tsp worcestershire sauce

Combine all ingredients until mixture is smooth.

Mushroom Gravy
1 tbs butter
2 tbs spanish onion, diced
2 tsp garlic, finely diced
2 tbs shallots, finely diced
2/3 cup brown gravy
1 cup button mushrooms, sliced
1/3 cup heavy cream
black pepper

Heat butter in small saucepan. Add onion, garlic, shallots, and mushrooms. Saute until onions are tender about 5 minutes, add brown gravy and simmer for 5 more minutes. In a separate pan reduce heavy cream by half and add to gravy. Season with black pepper as needed.

The Disney Chef blog made this: http://www.thedisneychef.com/2012/06/moms-meat-loaf.html and has the following great advice:

"The absolute best way to make meat loaf is to shape it in a long, rounded mound, something that doesn’t fill every corner of the bread pan. This way, the fat that comes out of the top of the meat loaf during cooking rolls down the top and sides of the meat, creating that delish crust, and making sure that the meat is actually cooking, not simply boiling in its own fat. It also makes it easier to drain the pan, which I like to do about halfway through cooking, so I can use fattier ground beef (which makes the loaf more moist). Also, make sure you really dice your peppers and onions very, very small. The larger they are, the more likely your now super-moist meat loaf will crumble when you take it out of the pan. "

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!