The Official Riviera Owners & Info Thread

Lining up at 8... to get a 9am Skyliner?
The line forms an hour before it opens?
I’ve read that suggestion elsewhere as well. We made the decision this evening to ditch DHS morning rush. ROTR isn’t going anywhere so we’re gonna hit up DHS from lunch to close instead, hopefully this allows the Skyliner rush to process through.

Does anyone know if Topolino’s breakfast is available for walk up? Like, I know they have a walk up digital waitlist but I’m wondering if it’s ever actually open. I’ve been searching for reservations using TP but in vain so far. Trip is still a month out so definitely time for something to open, just wondering if there’s any shot at an alternative.

This might be a strange question but does anyone know if Bar Riva or the balcony/alcoves off of the main lobby have outlets? I am work from home and thought, why not work from Disney! So I booked a few days at the Riviera. I'd like someplace that I can work (and need an outlet for my laptop) on my arrival day in case my room isn't ready yet.

This might be a strange question but does anyone know if Bar Riva or the balcony/alcoves off of the main lobby have outlets? I am work from home and thought, why not work from Disney! So I booked a few days at the Riviera. I'd like someplace that I can work (and need an outlet for my laptop) on my arrival day in case my room isn't ready yet.
I don't know, but I like the Bar/Work idea pirate:

I'm not sure about those spots, but I've seen outlets in the voyagers' lounge behind Le Petit cafe.

Since they're only allowing parking for people staying at the resort or with an ADR, what's the best way to visit Riviera and eat at Primo Piatto (QS, so no ADR)?

Bus or drive to DS and take a bus from there to RIV?

Is it possible to park at CBR and walk over or are they only allowing people staying at CBR to park there?
Didn't see any responses about getting to RIV from AKV, but I had another thought. I see where you can schedule an open house tour of RIV. If we're going on a tour, can we park at RIV?

I assume it's then ok for us to stick around at RIV to shop, eat, etc. and not have to leave as soon as the tour is over? Is there a time limit (I think I recall seeing people say 3 hours for meal reservations)?

Of course, if this is feasible, it does come with the added risk that (although pictures/videos have not persuaded me), seeing it in person might make us fall in love with RIV! My bank account hopes that doesn't happen! :rotfl2:

Didn't see any responses about getting to RIV from AKV, but I had another thought. I see where you can schedule an open house tour of RIV. If we're going on a tour, can we park at RIV?

I assume it's then ok for us to stick around at RIV to shop, eat, etc. and not have to leave as soon as the tour is over? Is there a time limit (I think I recall seeing people say 3 hours for meal reservations)?

Of course, if this is feasible, it does come with the added risk that (although pictures/videos have not persuaded me), seeing it in person might make us fall in love with RIV! My bank account hopes that doesn't happen! :rotfl2:

You could take a bus from AKV to either HS or Epcot and take the Skyliner to the Riv.

Just a thought. Bus from AKV to Hollywood Studios. Transfer to the Skyliner. Also put a freeze first on the bank account 😂

You could take a bus from AKV to either HS or Epcot and take the Skyliner to the Riv.
Thanks. Trying to avoid taking a bus if possible, but parking at a park and taking a bus might be better than parking at DS and taking the bus from there.

I like the skyliner idea. If we park at EPCOT, the problem is that we can't go through the park to get to the International Gate/ skyliner station. If we park at DHS, is the skyliner station accessible from the parking lot? We haven't been to WDW since they added it.

Last edited:
Thanks. Trying to avoid taking a bus if possible, but parking at a park and taking a bus might be better than parking at DS and taking the bus from there.

I like the skyliner idea. If we park at EPCOT, the problem is that we can't go through the park to get to the International Gate/ skyliner station. If we park at DHS, is the skyliner station accessible from the parking lot? We haven't been to WDW since they added it.

Yes. At DHS the Skyliner Station is before the entrance.

Are they checking at the toll plaza whether you have a reservation for that park? Will they allow cars in to the DHS parking lot if you don't have a park reservation?

If you schedule the tour for RIV you can park in the visitor's lot at RIV. The DVC rep you schedule the tour with will call ahead to RIV and let them know you're coming. At least, that's what they did for us in August when we were staying at AKV and toured RIV. We drove to RIV and parked there, took the tour, walked the grounds, spent time there looking around the lobby, then headed back to AKV.

Oh and yes, after the tour, it's VERY hard not to want to buy RIV. It took me about 2-3 weeks after I was home until the itch to buy more points finally left. It truly is a gorgeous place, the grounds are beautiful, the rooms, lobby, everything is so elegant and impressive.

Good afternoon neighbors! My 11-month booking window for Riviera opens up in about 10 days. I've been reading opinions on room views. The consensus seems to be that preferred view isn't really worth it and that a standard on a high floor is just as good or possibly better. Do you all concur? I need to make up my mind!

Good afternoon neighbors! My 11-month booking window for Riviera opens up in about 10 days. I've been reading opinions on room views. The consensus seems to be that preferred view isn't really worth it and that a standard on a high floor is just as good or possibly better. Do you all concur? I need to make up my mind!
We don’t own DRR, but we stayed in a 7th floor standard view 1BR in late January. We had a wonderful view of Spaceship Earth and the high EPCOT fireworks. That said, I have no complaints about the preferred view photos I’ve seen posted, so it comes down to what you consider a more desirable view.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter