*** The Official September 2018 Thread *** let's get started to have some fun

I'm checking AK hours from the Disney website for the week I'm there (Sept 7-13) and not seeing ROL under Fireworks & Nighttime Spectacular. Does that mean they're not going to have it?
I'm seeing times for it on the direct Rivers of Light page for those dates.

Now this will be the first time we havent done CL at a deluxe, and also first time we do deluxe dining on a trip like this.
If I was staying CL it would defanitely be too much food, we tend to grab breakfast and afternoon snack and drinks in the lounge, I would end up with snack credits that I would end up getting stuff with the credits to take home.

I am a little concerned about so many TS but my husband is thrilled, also normally he use to eat three big meals a day but with the job he started this past Aug he eats and has lost weight he really couldnt afford to loose, he loves to get appetizers with dinner so I figured I needed to spoil him this trip.. If its way to much tho we wont do deluxe dining again.

I booked my BOG breakfast PPO but the hours changed and not thats a EMH! I dont know what to do now lol

For any others at WDW on 9/20, they just announced an after hours event that day: https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/b...s-dates-now-available-for-magic-kingdom-park/ If you link to the event page, the Sept date doesn't show, but I just booked it so I know it does in fact exist in the system.

I have been trying to do one of these for two years, so I am excited it is happening for this visit. I guess it might help narrow down park hours for that date, too, since it starts at 9PM. It is a little crazy planning with the MNSSHP and the after hours event that week. Luckily the after hours event starts at 9, which is after the current closing time (8PM) and the hours for the park last year (9PM), so I don't think it should screw up plans for those visiting that day.

For any others at WDW on 9/20, they just announced an after hours event that day: https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/b...s-dates-now-available-for-magic-kingdom-park/ If you link to the event page, the Sept date doesn't show, but I just booked it so I know it does in fact exist in the system.

I have been trying to do one of these for two years, so I am excited it is happening for this visit. I guess it might help narrow down park hours for that date, too, since it starts at 9PM. It is a little crazy planning with the MNSSHP and the after hours event that week. Luckily the after hours event starts at 9, which is after the current closing time (8PM) and the hours for the park last year (9PM), so I don't think it should screw up plans for those visiting that day.
I booked tickets for me and DH this morning for 9/20 :)

Awww man. I totally would have loved to do DAH. Sucks we'll miss it.

My husband is kind of inclined to do it (on 9/20), but we're doing a tour at the Magic Kingdom that morning and it just seems like a long day...especially since it's our 3rd MK day and we'll have ridden everything by that point....hmmm.... Do After Hours events sell out?

My husband is kind of inclined to do it (on 9/20), but we're doing a tour at the Magic Kingdom that morning and it just seems like a long day...especially since it's our 3rd MK day and we'll have ridden everything by that point....hmmm.... Do After Hours events sell out?
I personally believe this one will since it's the only one offered in September at this point. Plus, they let in such a fewer amount of guests than say MNSSHP your likelihood of it selling out is greater. I didn't want to take the chance so I bought tickets as soon as the dates dropped.

And also, we are feeling like we have an awful lot of MK time too now. We'll be attending MNSSHP, EMM, HEA Dessert Party, and now DAH. Feels like alot so I'm going to retool our plans a bit.

And also, we are feeling like we have an awful lot of MK time too now. We'll be attending MNSSHP, EMM, HEA Dessert Party, and now DAH. Feels like alot so I'm going to retool our plans a bit.

My husband convinced me to do it, so now we’re doing the same—MNSSHP, EMM, HEA dessert party and this. But I love the Magic Kingdom and think it will be nice to have so much time there. And DAH will end our time at the MK so it should be a nice relaxing goodbye, riding whatever we want :)

I personally believe this one will since it's the only one offered in September at this point. Plus, they let in such a fewer amount of guests than say MNSSHP your likelihood of it selling out is greater. I didn't want to take the chance so I bought tickets as soon as the dates dropped.

That was my thought, too. I feel like the percentage of frequent visitors is higher in the fall and so things like this are more likely to sell out when there is only 1 during the month. Of course, my assumption about Sept visitos is not really based on data, just experience, comments on the board, and weird patterns for what was hard/easy to book the last two visits. I was on the phone right away, too!

My husband convinced me to do it, so now we’re doing the same—MNSSHP, EMM, HEA dessert party and this. But I love the Magic Kingdom and think it will be nice to have so much time there. And DAH will end our time at the MK so it should be a nice relaxing goodbye, riding whatever we want :)

Haha. We are changing up our plans, too. I think the biggest change I will be making is to not book FP+ for some of the rides our daughter can't ride on our MK days. My husband and I will ride those as many times as we want at this event instead! I still think we w ill spend the same amount of time at MK or maybe drop half a day and go to HS. Maybe I'll drop our PPO BOG since we really only do it to get on 7DMT and I think my husband might be done with it for a while. Still thinking on this one. Kinda glad I skipped the HEA dessert party and MNSSHP this time, but I am sure I will wish we did it all!

That was my thought, too. I feel like the percentage of frequent visitors is higher in the fall and so things like this are more likely to sell out when there is only 1 during the month. Of course, my assumption about Sept visitos is not really based on data, just experience, comments on the board, and weird patterns for what was hard/easy to book the last two visits. I was on the phone right away, too!

Haha. We are changing up our plans, too. I think the biggest change I will be making is to not book FP+ for some of the rides our daughter can't ride on our MK days. My husband and I will ride those as many times as we want at this event instead! I still think we w ill spend the same amount of time at MK or maybe drop half a day and go to HS. Maybe I'll drop our PPO BOG since we really only do it to get on 7DMT and I think my husband might be done with it for a while. Still thinking on this one. Kinda glad I skipped the HEA dessert party and MNSSHP this time, but I am sure I will wish we did it all!

The more I think about it, the more I think this will work out fine. We are pretty heat-sensitive so may work out just fine not going to MK as much in the middle of the day and taking a pool/sleep break instead.

Argh, there's DAH August 30. That's our arrival day, but we're not getting in until 11:30 PM. Dang it! It sounds amazing!

Just booked our September trip. Doing a long weekend (Sept 7th-10th) and staying at All Star Movies. No ADRs. Planning to go full steam at the parks and try to get some pool time in as well.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter