*** The Official September 2018 Thread *** let's get started to have some fun

Hoping your dishwasher is old - and a new one is an upgrade by default. Sometimes the appliance dying isn't horrible. I remember hoping the very old washing machine would die to justify in my head spending $ on a new one.

We were lucky - the freezer part was fine and I have another refrigerator downstairs. I was able to save the very pricey nuts in the freezer but not all of the cheeses in the refrigerator because it died overnight. Woke up to 62 degrees - throw it all out!

The dishwasher is only 5 1/2 years old, but it's "builder's grade" and I'd spend more to repair it than it's probably worth. The new one will be an upgrade, but I really hope it lasts longer. We've also had to replace our washing machine this year (it was 7 years old). I keep hearing "They don't make them like they used to," and I'm finding that to be true. Our dryer is almost 20 years old, and I've only replaced a gasket (knock on wood).

When our fridge went out, I was able to catch it and ask neighbors to borrow extra space in their garage fridges/freezers until ours was repaired. Good neighbors are worth their weight in gold!

I'm just hoping all of this is behind us for a while and we're done with all the broken things and can enjoy our trip without something else hanging over our head!

Good news and Bad news. First the good. 17 days to go and I was finally able to book a Candy Sushi reservation on 9/9 but I had to do it at 5:30 instead of 3:30 which also meant I had to move all our afternoon plans around. Luckily there is still plenty of times available at Coral Reef and all our FP+ were for in the morning. Now the bad news. We were only able to book Candy Sushi for a party of 2. No availability for a party of 4. I intend on showing up and letting my girls do it (7 and 4) and hope they don't tell me they can't. I called dining reservations and the agent told me it shouldn't be a problem. Fingers crossed!

Well, because I apparently have completely lost my mind...I just booked the RoL Dessert Party. The desserts just look so pretty! I was actually leaning towards canceling the MNSSHP Dessert Party until I saw that they offer most, if not all, of the specialty party desserts. Now that one is staying.

So that is 3 dessert parties (also doing the HEA one). I don’t have a problem...

But anyway, 15 days!! This is actually the point in the countdown where I get kind of “meh” about going. This happens everytime at about the two week mark. But then next week I come to my senses and can barely contain myself. I just can’t believe it is almost here!

lol I do! It happens every year...at the two week point, I kind of become numb to it, and then at the one week point, I get excited again lol
I stay excited from the 30 day mark on but I do stress about everything. I just went upstairs and looked at my pile with all my "Disney clothes", our ponchos, magic bands, reservations etc. I'll do it again before I go to bed.

lol I do! It happens every year...at the two week point, I kind of become numb to it, and then at the one week point, I get excited again lol

I know what you mean. There isn’t any planning left to do! I did some more packing today, but I hate packing!!!

I stay excited from the 30 day mark on but I do stress about everything. I just went upstairs and looked at my pile with all my "Disney clothes", our ponchos, magic bands, reservations etc. I'll do it again before I go to bed.

My pile is in a plastic bin. Have to decide what to ship - first time shipping - and stocking of OL.

If you have a hopper, all you have to do is go over and band in and turn around and go back to wherever you were - DHS would be a good day for this at International Gateway.

Yes! Have AP. I am going the first 'day' before everyone else gets there. All of us are going two full days so, you are right - one quick hop IF the rules don't specifiy over a long period than 2 weeks.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter