*The Official VILLAS AT DISNEY'S GRAND FLORIDIAN RESORT & SPA Owners & Lovers Group*

Disney Reveals First Look at Tiana and More Characters Coming to 1900 Park Fare

1900 Park Fare Characters

Tiana at 1900 Park Fare

Ahead of the April 10 reopening of 1900 Park Fare restaurant at Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort & Spa, guests are getting their first look at the characters they’ll be able to meet during breakfast and dinner service. The characters chosen for this revamped dining experience all “celebrate the power of a wish.” This includes Princess Tiana dressed in her adventurer gear, which she will also wear on Tiana’s Bayou Adventure — which opens this summer at Magic Kingdom.

Mirabelle from Encanto meeting guests at 1900 Park Fare.

Also meeting guests will be Mirabel from “Encanto.”

Aladdin at 1900 Park Fare

Aladdin, dressed in his Prince Ali look will be walking around to meet guests.

Cinderella at 1900 Park Fare

Cinderella will greet guests as well. In the previous iteration of 1900 Park Fare, “Cinderella” characters were featured at dinner.

Paintings at 1900 Park Fare

We’ve also been given a look at the previously announced portraits in the main dining room. Created by Disney artists, each one highlights a different Disney character “as they hope, dream and wish upon a star (or even a magic lamp or a wishing well).”

Big Bertha at 1900 Park Fare

Big Bertha, the organ that has called the Grand Floridian home since 1988, will also remain on display in the main dining room. This enhances the dining room’s homage to the late Victorian period and the carousel theming that can be found throughout 1900 Park Fare. In March, Disney revealed the full menu and prices for the restaurant, which includes new additions and old favorites.

We're staying in the resort studios for the first time. I've heard different things about the kitchenette. Can anyone confirm whether it's a beverage cooler or a mini-fridge? Also, is there a toaster & microwave?

We're staying in the resort studios for the first time. I've heard different things about the kitchenette. Can anyone confirm whether it's a beverage cooler or a mini-fridge? Also, is there a toaster & microwave?
It’s a beverage cooler, but I think I heard it may soon be replaced with a refrigerator, there is definitely a microwave, and you can possibly request a toaster.

Is there a bell service at the villa building? I want to drop bags off before heading to the parks. Wondering if I should have Lyft drop me off at the main building or villa building. Thanks!

Notes: Adding full letter to international guests regarding construction. No new updates at this time.

*Construction Notes*

Updated 4/17/24

As of 4/17/24, the only visible construction at The Grand was located outside the Main Building. Pictures taken during my trip last week can be viewed below. According to emails sent to guests, as well as blogs, work on the Lobby should begin soon. NO DATES HAVE BEEN GIVEN AS FAR AS START OR COMPLETION DATES. As information becomes available, I will be sure to update this thread (Page 1 included). No information has been given regarding any additional work at this time. I’d appreciate anyone who has trips coming up, if they’d kindly post any new construction indoors or out. I’d love to keep this thread as up to date as possible. Thanks so much!!!

1712593691234.jpeg

1712593702409.jpeg

Current Lobby State: REFURBISHMENT HAS NOT STARTED.

IMG_2429.jpeg

EMAILS SENT TO GUESTS

Letter Sent to Local Guests:

Dear Guest,
In an effort to continually enhance the Guest experience here at the Walt Disney World® Resort, we often refresh our offerings and atmosphere. In preparation for your upcoming stay, we would like to make you aware of renovations that will be taking place during your visit. While we work our magic, you will see or hear construction around Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort & Spa – including our lobby – during daytime hours.

Letter sent to International Guests:

"Dear Guest,

Since March 2022, Disney's Grand Floridian Resort & Spa has been undergoing a period of enhancement to continuously improve the magic of this fantastic Resort.

Walt Disney Travel Company International have just been made aware that some aspects of this ongoing period of enhancement will continue to take place during your stay through 2025. This will include some minor work where the lobby will be undergoing some enhancements but will remain fully accessible. We would like to take the opportunity to assure you that these minor enhancements will not deter from the comfort and luxury of your stay at Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort & Spa.

We wish to confirm that all amenities, including dining, shopping, spa, and recreation including all pools and water play areas will be open for your enjoyment. We’d like to remind you about just some of the many incredible experiences at this Resort."

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter