*The Official VILLAS AT DISNEY'S GRAND FLORIDIAN RESORT & SPA Owners & Lovers Group*

:welcome: Happy you found us! I added you to the Owners List! The walkway will be great to have as an addition! Just hope it doesn't make booking at 11 months harder!!

Thank you! Of our home resorts VGF 2BR seems to be the easiest to book, and CCV the hardest (Sep-Jan). I would have thought it would be the other way around. Maybe more VGF owners trade out than assumed? Whatever the cause I'm happy about it - ease of booking is a luxury in itself.

Thanks for creating this thread. Very useful, well organized information!

Thank you! Of our home resorts VGF 2BR seems to be the easiest to book, and CCV the hardest (Sep-Jan). I would have thought it would be the other way around. Maybe more VGF owners trade out than assumed? Whatever the cause I'm happy about it - ease of booking is a luxury in itself.

Thanks for creating this thread. Very useful, well organized information!

Thanks so much, I appreciate it! I’m happy to do it! 😊

Hey guys! Just wanted to note that on Page 1 I started a "ROOM VIEWS" section. If anyone has any views they'd like to share with us, please post your pictures and i'll link your post to the new section! It will definitely be helpful to others looking for room request help!

Thank you to @mlittig for sharing!!!
Not an owner, but we stayed at VGF in late July. Didn't see any bathrobes in our studio... perhaps they removed them due to Covid? Or they're only in the 1-2 bedrooms?

We had one of the few awful view rooms, so I wanted to post pics as a warning.

1221 standard view studio, 2nd floor:
IMG_20200725_191942053_HDR.jpg

IMG_20200725_191947957_HDR.jpg
To the far right, and zoomed in...only good thing was the kids could see the monorail from the sofabed vs staring at the porte cochere roof which is what we saw while sitting on the balcony.
IMG_20200729_081552897_HDR.jpg

Not an owner, but we stayed at VGF in late July. Didn't see any bathrobes in our studio... perhaps they removed them due to Covid? Or they're only in the 1-2 bedrooms?

We had one of the few awful view rooms, so I wanted to post pics as a warning.

1221 standard view studio, 2nd floor:
View attachment 527654

View attachment 527655
To the far right, and zoomed in...only good thing was the kids could see the monorail from the sofabed vs staring at the porte cochere roof which is what we saw while sitting on the balcony.
View attachment 527658

Thanks for sharing your pics! I’m sorry the view was not up to par! It is possible that with everything going on, they took the robes out! It would definitely make sense. They were in my studio when I was there in November.

I feel like this belongs in this thread.
Today I learned that the Grand Floridian Society Orchestra will no longer be performing. Apparently they had been moved to Hollywood Studios and renamed the Disney Society Orchestra, but now that is also cancelled. While not an owner here, I feel the like the group brought a big part of the magic that sets the Grand Floridian apart from being just another fancy resort. I have reached out to Disney via this email address: wdw.guest.communications@disneyworld.com to express my disappointment. I encourage others to do the same.

The Grand Floridian lobby will not be the same without the beautiful sound of music that they provided :sad: :sad2:

Thanks for starting this thread - feel free to add me as an owner. We are new VGF owners and recently passed ROFR for our first add-on. Looking forward to our first trip.

Thanks for starting this thread - feel free to add me as an owner. We are new VGF owners and recently passed ROFR for our first add-on. Looking forward to our first trip.

:welcome: and Congrats!!! I’ll get you up under the Owners List!!!

The Grand Floridian lobby will not be the same without the beautiful sound of music that they provided :sad: :sad2:
Will the Grand Piano remain?
Heck my local Costco had Grand Piano music for the final days of road tour . Never know what you can buy but this was pleasant surprise this morning. I didn’t buy one cause it wouldn’t fit in my car.

Will the Grand Piano remain?
Heck my local Costco had Grand Piano music for the final days of road tour . Never know what you can buy but this was pleasant surprise this morning. I didn’t buy one cause it wouldn’t fit in my car.

Hope so!!!!!!!!

Does anyone know where I can find a current list of what's open and what's closed at the GF? We arrive next week and I thought I saw something about the Mad Hatter themed splash zone being closed. I can't find it now. My kids LOVE it! Thank you!!

I'm not an owner, but I rented points for Marathon Weekend. The Marathon, unfortunately, isn't happening, but my family is going to make the best of it. The two silver linings, so far:

1) we don't have to get up at 3:00 in the morning 4 days straight
2) we're still staying at VGF! 🥰

So my first question: I know the studios don't have laundry facilities in the room, so where's the laundry room within the building? I've searched the Intertubes, and never found a straight answer.

I'm not an owner, but I rented points for Marathon Weekend. The Marathon, unfortunately, isn't happening, but my family is going to make the best of it. The two silver linings, so far:

1) we don't have to get up at 3:00 in the morning 4 days straight

LOL, DH said that when he ran the Dopey, the getting up at 3:00 4 days in a row was the hardest part!

Sorry, I can't help you with laundry facilities. I have my first stay 2 weeks after you. And since we have extra points due to circumstances w/COVID, I'm staying solo in a 1 BR, so no laundry need.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!