The "OK so we're driving then" May 14 PTR

HFJohnson

DIS Veteran
Only 63 days to go (although it still feels like forever) and I've just paid the balance on our stay so now seems like a good time to start our PTR...

THE CAST

Me - Massive DLP fan since our first trip in 2011. This will be trip number 5 for me
DH - likes Disney but doesn't "get it" in the same way I do. He would only have gone the once if he'd had the choice but this is will be trip number 4!
DD (10 in May) and DS (6) - both Disney fans and can't wait to go back for their fourth trip.

Sister, brother-in-law, niece (4) and nephew (will be 3 during our trip) - DLP novices for the most part (my sister has been once about 20 years ago)

Mum & Dad - also Disney novices

After waxing lyrical about DLP for some time I finally badgered/convinced/nagged my family to join us for a trip. We may all be going on a big trip to Florida in the next few years so this is kind of a practice run!

TRAVEL

Originally we were going to all travel together on the Eurostar but for various reasons (mainly the high cost of the train tickets, even for the indirect route) we're all now finding our own ways there. My sister and family are getting the boat to France and driving up and back. We are now driving there and back, although DH is coming back two days early on the train, and my parents decided to pay the extra for the direct train there but will be driving back with me, DD and DS! It would have been nice to go on the train but it will also be good to drive. I like just being able to sling all the luggage in the boot and not having to worry about carting it on and off trains. Plus I'm looking forward to driving through the big Disney entrance!

WHEN

Saturday 24th May to Thursday 29th May

WHERE

Saturday night will be spent at the Sejours & Affairs in Val d'Europe and then the next day most of us will move on to the Sequoia Lodge for four nights. My parents, however, have opted to stay at the DLH so they don't have quite so much walking to do.

STILL TO DO

Finalise a rough schedule
Decide on restaurants and get them booked (we already have tickets for Buffalo Bills on Sunday night)
Make t-shirts for the children
Arrange travel insurance and breakdown cover
Check we have everything we need for driving in France
Get all of the paperwork together
Pack!

Im in!! :yay::dance3:
We'll be home the day before you arrive! Do tell about the tees?! How are you making them?

Im in!! :yay::dance3:
We'll be home the day before you arrive! Do tell about the tees?! How are you making them?

Fingers crossed we both have some lovely warm weather!

I've copied the idea for the t shirts from A Dream is a Wish's trip report from last year. They're just Mickey-head iron transfers with the children's names on them - two black and red Minnie ones for the girls and two pirate Mickey ones for the boys. I've done the girls ones and they've come out really well.

So, 50 days to go and we've decided on restaurants...

Saturday - somewhere in Val d'Europe

Sunday - Buffalo Bills at 6.30 pm (although my sister's children are a bit young so they will be eating somewhere else that night. Possibly Rainforest Cafe)

Monday - Cafe Mickey at 12.30 for my nephew's birthday. We will also order a cake

Tuesday - Plaza Gardens - 6pm after the parade

Wednesday - Hunter's Grill

All other meals will be counter service/Earl of Sandwich/snacks

Trip sounds great and looks like you're all sorted :thumbsup2 I'll keep my fingers crossed for good weather for you :)

Reading along! Ill be coming home just before you aswell. Do share photos of the T Shirts please!

Two weeks today and hopefully we will have made it to Val d'Europe, checked into our hotel and found somewhere nice for tea. :hourglass

Everything is pretty much ready to go. I've finished the children's goody bag for the journey. I decided to do one rather than two in the end as some of the things are to share and I've wrapped other bits for them to open. It contains...

One sticker book each
One DVD each (Frozen and Monsters Inc)
A tin of travel games
Some Disney sweets, biscuits and juice

I've also made them little travel pillows which they'll also get on the day.

Last things to do...

Tell the credit card company we're going on holiday
Buy a birthday present for my sister
Pack!

:cool1:

It sounds like you have everything all planned and are ready to go. :goodvibes The last few days always seem to drag once you are prepared. I don't think we would go any way apart from driving, it is just so convenient to have so much choice of times and to be able to put as much stuff as you like in the car - hello kitchen sink!

All sounds good, I will be there at the same time and its my first time :). Kids are really excited however the build up has taken a back seat as we are moving house next week :eek:.

Exciting! I have a few bits to give to the boys on the plane, I must get some bags to put them in.
Where did you get the Disney sweets?

All sounds good, I will be there at the same time and its my first time :). Kids are really excited however the build up has taken a back seat as we are moving house next week :eek:.

Wow, a house move! At least thinking about that will make the time pass quickly!

Where are you staying? How exciting that it's your first visit.

Exciting! I have a few bits to give to the boys on the plane, I must get some bags to put them in.
Where did you get the Disney sweets?

I found some little packs of popping candy in tesco, plus some monsters university juice cartons and some mickey mouse biscuits.

It sounds like you have everything all planned and are ready to go. :goodvibes The last few days always seem to drag once you are prepared. I don't think we would go any way apart from driving, it is just so convenient to have so much choice of times and to be able to put as much stuff as you like in the car - hello kitchen sink!

Nooo, it's more 'hello lots of lovely souvenirs!!!' lol :lmao:

C x

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter