Mini TR for another Boston Road Trip - updated Nov 22

Still here and chiming in as I can. Long, full days on week days and picking up call shifts on weekends as I can, So not much DIS time leftover. :)

I do think it's sad that the system and Disney's greed....sadly have gotten to a place where if you want to ride all the popular rides you pretty much have to stay onsite, or stay long enough for more than one day at each park, otherwise wait for many hours...and then you will just run out of time! Sorry to be negative Disney...I love you but it's pretty sad.

I agree for our trip coming up in Sep I got really good rate at a Universal hotel, and while we may go to Disney a few days I wasn't planning on staying there, and I've realized that means I won't be able to get Fp's for certain rides. :confused3

Hello DisPeeps!

FP time has come and gone...I got some of what I wanted and some not a chance in hell...no 7DMT, no SR, definitely no MMRR....but other than that I'm sufficiently ok with it. The one snag was...now that I'm an AP holder....I was only able to book 7 days of FP's...while the rest of my peeps have 10 day park hopper tickets....so for park days 8-10 I booked FP's for them and I will just....sit in a corner and weep while they go on rides lol....or I guess I can try single rider or try to book same day FP's for whatever I can get whilst they are off having fun with the FP's I booked for them...sigh....oh well, I will be at Disney and I can always just....find some tasty food to eat and absorb all those details that I never have time to really take in...yeah, that's what I will do!!

My Disney newbie friends who are coming on this trip sent me a link to Hash House a GoGo restaurant in Orlando and said they want to do. I have been to this place in Vegas and liked it but....what? You want to take away from Disney time to have a meal ...gasp...offsite??? Ugh lol. We do have one non-park day planned for the week that these friends will be with us, so I think we'll plan it for that day - it's like a 40 min drive from where we are staying anyway, but also, they don't take ressies and it's March break so...gah...it's gonna be nuts like everything else..

If anyone's following along on FB...I just got back from a cruise with my parents. It was (gasp) on Norwegian Cruise lines. It was a lot of fun...but I think the ship was too big for my folks!! They liked it but found it just too damn far to walk to everything on the ship. I thought it was great despite it not being a Disney cruise :) and this morning I was home and at breakfast I was thinking...where's the buffet? oh...I have to prepare my own food?? no thanks.

I think I am as ready as I'm gonna be for this upcoming Disney trip...I haven't done as much tweaking as usual to the plans but I'm gonna keep trying to improve the times of my FP's...they are way too late in the day mostly, which means low chance of getting a 4th for anything...so hoping to move them a bit earlier...since I have a bad feeling every park will be packed right from sunup to sundown anyway!!

That's all folks...happy Monday!

I got some of what I wanted and some not a chance in hell...no 7DMT, no SR, definitely no MMRR....
Well... poop.
so for park days 8-10 I booked FP's for them and I will just....sit in a corner and weep while they go on rides lol....
This is what you do. You go with them and speak with the CM. Tell him/her that you got FPs for them but couldn't for yourself, and could you please ride with them?
Very good chance you'll be let on. If not... nothing lost.
My Disney newbie friends who are coming on this trip sent me a link to Hash House a GoGo restaurant in Orlando and said they want to do. I have been to this place in Vegas and liked it but....what? You want to take away from Disney time to have a meal ...gasp...offsite??? Ugh lol.
:laughing: How dare they!
If anyone's following along on FB...I just got back from a cruise with my parents. It was (gasp) on Norwegian Cruise lines. It was a lot of fun...but I think the ship was too big for my folks!! They liked it but found it just too damn far to walk to everything on the ship.
I'm glad you had fun and not surprised they thought it was too big. My mom made it clear she doesn't want to go on a large ship.
this morning I was home and at breakfast I was thinking...where's the buffet? oh...I have to prepare my own food?? no thanks.
:lmao:

This is what you do. You go with them and speak with the CM. Tell him/her that you got FPs for them but couldn't for yourself, and could you please ride with them?
Very good chance you'll be let on. If not... nothing lost.

Great idea! Hadn't thought of that, or that there was any chance! I will give it a shot!

I'm glad you had fun and not surprised they thought it was too big. My mom made it clear she doesn't want to go on a large ship.

Yeah I think it would be a hard sell to get them to do it again. That said I do think if we could get everyone together on a ship with something for everyone it would be a good time...but probably not for a while!

Great idea! Hadn't thought of that, or that there was any chance! I will give it a shot!
Let me know how it works out!
Yeah I think it would be a hard sell to get them to do it again. That said I do think if we could get everyone together on a ship with something for everyone it would be a good time...but probably not for a while!
Have some cousins who went on one of the biggest cruise ships in the world. I think maybe the Oasis? They hated it. They had a group of several hundred and... no one could find anyone else.

Have some cousins who went on one of the biggest cruise ships in the world. I think maybe the Oasis? They hated it. They had a group of several hundred and... no one could find anyone else.

Wow that's a big group!! I imagine that would be a challenge no matter where you went, but good to know! I was thinking more if my family with kids and grandparents went...we could meet up for meals and do our own thing for much of the rest of the day....but anyway...as always just dreaming about future vacations...

Our first day is MK, so I'm reasonably happy with what I got - couldn't get 7DMT, but I did get Pirates, Buzz and Jungle Cruise for my son who is a ride wimp like me, and Space Mountain for everyone else. I had wanted to get BTMR but there was no hope for that. I will keep trying but it's a tough call because I really want all the ones we have too!! Does Pirates have shorter wait times than BTMR if I can get it? Not sure what to do...
I would rope drop BTMR, it is easy to get to if you go through Adventureland and cut through the washroom area. There is usually a FP drop at several points during the day so maybe you will be able to add some additional ones. Even if you group them by one or two and try for similar times, that might help.
The one consoling factor is that we have the Fantasmic Dessert party that night, so at least we will get a good experience to see that show, which I've actually never seen. But the downside of that is that now that it's booked, it means we can't change our HS day to a different day and hope for FP's. I have not completely given up and will keep trying...but I don't have much hope for going on much that day! At least there is lots to take in with SWGE and TSL....but...still stings a bit!
The Fantasmic dessert party sounds like fun!
I guess I can try single rider or try to book same day FP's for whatever I can get whilst they are off having fun with the FP's I booked for them...sigh....oh well, I will be at Disney and I can always just....find some tasty food to eat and absorb all those details that I never have time to really take in...yeah, that's what I will do!!
Solo time is fun! Have you seen the Frozen Sing a Long? It is hilarious! Or head to the lounge at HBD for the Margarita flight!
If anyone's following along on FB...I just got back from a cruise with my parents. It was (gasp) on Norwegian Cruise lines. It was a lot of fun...but I think the ship was too big for my folks!! They liked it but found it just too damn far to walk to everything on the ship. I thought it was great despite it not being a Disney cruise :) and this morning I was home and at breakfast I was thinking...where's the buffet? oh...I have to prepare my own food?? no thanks.
I loved your pics on FB, looks like you had lots of fun!

Wow that's a big group!! I imagine that would be a challenge no matter where you went, but good to know! I was thinking more if my family with kids and grandparents went...we could meet up for meals and do our own thing for much of the rest of the day....but anyway...as always just dreaming about future vacations...
Just make sure you have meeting points, I suppose... several of them. It'd be like being at AK and saying meet me at guest services... except you're all at Kali.

I've been doing some minor tweaking to our plans, but since my friends have the non-park hopper tickets, we don't have tons of flexibility for the time that they will be with us. I keep checking back in case of newly available FP's and dining...have managed a few minor adjustments.

For anyone who's following, here's a brief summary of where we will be when etc. And in case anyone is going to be in the same parks at same times, maybe have time for a DisMeet or just a hello.

Friday March 6 - travel day for DD and I, flying from YYZ to MCO, arrival approx 1pm

Saturday March 7 - travel day for friends non park day - errands etc - T and M, and my DS, pick up at MCO 4pm, dinner ADR for House of Blues at DS

Sunday March 8 - first parks day! MK - FP's for Pirates starting 10am, then Buzz and Space (for the daredevils) and JC for my wimpy self and my DS

Monday March 9 - EP day! FP's for SE, Land and TT, hope to ride Soarin' as well, and eat lots of food at F&G

Tuesday March 10 - HS day! Hope to get BG for ROTR so early!!! FP's for Muppets, Alien Saucers and TSMM, also doing Fantasmic Dessert party at 7:30pm

Wed March 11 - non parks day - picking up mom at MCO, probably DS or shopping at outlets, ADR for Homecomin' at DS

Thursday March 12 - US and IOA day

Friday March 13 - MK day - FP's for JC, Space, BTMRR

Saturday March 14 - T and M leave for home :( May do late afternoon/evening at AK - FP's for NV, KS and ROL just in case

Sunday March 15 - BOG breakfast at 10am, then FP's for HM, Buzz, Pirates, hop to EP later in day for dinner ADR at La Hacienda

Monday March 16 - Non parks day - maybe go into Orlando, rest by the pool etc.

Tuesday March 17 - AK morning, FP for Safaris, Dinosoar, Tough to be a bug, maybe hop to HS for evening

Wed March 18 - EP day, FP's for Soarin, Seas, SE

Thursday March 19 - Non parks day - pool, rest, maybe resort hop or DS

Friday March 20 - Right now planned as HS day but couldn't get good FP's - maybe do EP or AK instead...

Saturday March 21 - Last parks day - MK - FP's for Buzz, JC and PP

Sunday March 22 - fly home! :(

but since my friends have the non-park hopper tickets, we don't have tons of flexibility for the time that they will be with us.
I'm looking at getting those Magic (non-PH) tickets too... not sure yet.
Thursday March 12 - US and IOA day
I think if you've been before... then 1 day is enough for both parks.

I think if you've been before... then 1 day is enough for both parks.

Yeah I have been before, but also with my friends trying to get the most out of their 4 day Disney tickets...we can't really devote more than one day to it. But really the HP lands are really the priority...get me some Butterbeer!! That's all I care about and riding the Hogwarts Express...broke the bank for that one lol.

Wow you have a nice long trip!
We arrive on 3/23 so we will just miss you!
Your plans sound great, sorry you didn’t get all the FP you wanted, I would definitely ask to go on the ride with your friends. They let us do that every time we asked on the epic trip!

Wow you have a nice long trip!
We arrive on 3/23 so we will just miss you!
Your plans sound great, sorry you didn’t get all the FP you wanted, I would definitely ask to go on the ride with your friends. They let us do that every time we asked on the epic trip!

I'm encouraged that they let you do that - ie: sneak in a single extra rider with other people who have FP's...I will give it a shot for sure!

:laughing: Yep. Not an inexpensive ride!

No it isn't, they really know how to get you!! I may just ride back and forth on that Hogwarts Express all day, in between Butterbeers...

Starting to get a little anxious over here because a) Coronavirus and b) WTH was Disney thinking opening MMRR in March right after ROTR??? So now....to get IN to the park at all do we have to be there at 4am? And with all those PEOPLE...ugh....who knows...things are changing daily...I know...right now I'm going with the WASH YOUR HANDS approach but...it's also hard not to feel some anxiety about travelling at all...

OK rant over...back to Disney planning...just starting to wonder if perhaps avoiding HS altogether might be a better idea....

Our trip isn't until April, and I have to admit, it is a little unnerving to think about traveling with SO many people during a breakout of illness like this, but it's been on my mind too!

Were you able to get any FPs at DHS? I can't remember from your previous post. I think if you stick to arriving around the time your FPs start and knowing you won't be able to experience everything in the park, you would still enjoy your time spent at DHS. We were there between Christmas and New Year's 2019 and still enjoyed our time walking through Galaxy's Edge and the rest of the park despite not being able to ride there.

Our trip isn't until April, and I have to admit, it is a little unnerving to think about traveling with SO many people during a breakout of illness like this, but it's been on my mind too!

Were you able to get any FPs at DHS? I can't remember from your previous post. I think if you stick to arriving around the time your FPs start and knowing you won't be able to experience everything in the park, you would still enjoy your time spent at DHS. We were there between Christmas and New Year's 2019 and still enjoyed our time walking through Galaxy's Edge and the rest of the park despite not being able to ride there.

I'm trying not to freak about the virus...but we are going with my mom who is not young, and though my dad isn't coming, I worry about bringing it back with us...sigh...but at the same time, I don't want to stop living when they say the risk in the US is still low...but then...are we being reckless? Who knows.

We did eventually manage to get FP's for Alien Saucers, TSMM and Muppets for HS - problem is they are late in the day - which I actually did on purpose because we have the Fantasmic Dessert party that night. So the plan was originally going to be to go to HS super early to try to get an early boarding group for ROTR, ride that, and then leave the park until late afternoon when our FP's start. But now with MMRR opening...I think even getting into the park before official opening is going to be a challenge...I will keep reading what Touring Plans and Kenny the Pirate have to say about that...now that MMRR has officially opened. But seriously...what was Disney thinking doing this at this time?? I think they may get a lot of frustration...

Starting to get a little anxious over here because a) Coronavirus
I hear you. Not so concerned for me. I’m fairly healthy and under 80 years old. But my mom isn’t and the cruise is in May.
So now....to get IN to the park at all do we have to be there at 4am?
Oh no. Not at all.

Better aim for 3am, just to be safe.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!