The Panic Attack is officially OVER

Goofy'slady

When Life Gives You Lemons - SHOP!
So this morning was my FP+ window and I have been having a mini panic attacks since Monday in regards to whether or not I'm going to get everything. Yesterday I spent most of my afternoon at the office answering patient calls in between writing out my plan of attack. I made a schedule of our park days, which days we were going to be there, what our ADR's were, extras like Pirate Empress makeovers, even down to what times we wanted to catch shows that don't require a fastpass were scheduled for. I had already let my office know to expect me in a little late in case things like the MDE was down and so forth. I got up extra early to make sure I was dressed and ready to go once everything was all set. I had my notes and my glasses on - I WAS READY!

7AM - I went straight for my AK day which I made for the end of our trip instead of the beginning. I nabbed FOP right away, then scored Everest and the Safari. Then it was straight to HS day which is our second park day, nabbed Slinky Dog coaster (I thought my girls and I would just go walk around Toy Story Land but my 20yr old informed me yesterday that she wanted to do the rides as well), TT and RRC.
We'll be in MK for 2 days and I was able to get SWSDMT, Thunder Mountain, Splash Mountain, Space Mountain, Peter Pan and Haunted Mansion!!!!

Here's were the good luck ends...our Epcot day. I open that day and I saw Frozen Ever After but I went in for Soarin only because all three of us want to do that since the last time we were there in 2015 the older version was still going. So since both Soarin and FEA are top tier rides I could only score that one. My 13yr daughter is gonna be a little disappointed but I think overall I did very well. I can breath and begin our arrival day countdown.

Here's were the good luck ends...our Epcot day. I open that day and I saw Frozen Ever After but I went in for Soarin only because all three of us want to do that since the last time we were there in 2015 the older version was still going. So since both Soarin and FEA are top tier rides I could only score that one. My 13yr daughter is gonna be a little disappointed but I think overall I did very well. I can breath and begin our arrival day countdown.
Sounds like you did really well with FP...In regards to FEA, I highly recommend getting to EPCOT before rope drop. If your 13yr daughter really wants to ride that, it might be worth it to get to the park early that day. FEA opens with Future World in the morning. I'm not sure if you like to rope drop or not, but take that into consideration if that attraction is high on your families list.

I think that will be our plan of attach. Before leaving for the office this morning I mentioned it to my oldest daughter that I couldn't get FAE and she actually cracked a smile. You see Malstrom was her absolute favorite ride in Epcot and she wasn't happy when the closed it to make room for the Frozen ride. So I told her of our plan and her smile quickly turned into a grumble and a mumbled "you're kidding right?". She'll more than likely go a long with the rope drop plan if nothing more than to ride the ride with high expectations of not liking it, complaining about it and teasing her baby sister for being 13 and still liking Frozen. *Shhhh don't tell anyone that she nearly knocked both me and her baby sister over back in 2015 to meet her favorite princess Pocahontas and has every intention on meeting her again this year* LOL

How was the availability for SDD on day 2? Did you get it for morning or afternoon?

Neither, I was left with a 7pm ride time. So that tells me I was extremely lucky and they were in fact about to run out of FP's for the ride all together.

Great Job! My FP window was this monring too! I was able to get everything I wanted by being very strategic about which ones I went for first and when I went from them on our trip. We are going for 7 nights so I knew it won't be impossible to get everything we wanted but like you I was also breathing a sigh of relief! Being a crazy planner, i had a chart all made up with everyting and then put the FPs I was going to go for with dates and times in order that I wanted to get them. Maybe a little neurotic but planning now makes for a smooth trip later.

Have you looked at 7DMT for your other day at MK OR thinking about rope dropping 7DMT as well? I'm only saying that, because you will be stuck with 3 fastpasses for the majority of the day. You won't be able to get a 4th fastpass until sometime after 7 p.m. when you scan in.

I believe OP was talking about Slinky Dog.

The only tip I have is you didn't need to grab Everest and Safari before Slinky Dog. You can do tough to get individual rides before filling up the rest of your park days.

If you're still able to get FEA today, Soarin is easier than FEA as a 4th FP or RD attraction.

Good job.

I just did ours on Monday. It was stressful, but we got everything we wanted.
I was able to get Slinky Dog at 1:05 PM on the 7th day of our trip. I actually got it earlier, but had to move it because it conflicted with our lunch reservations.
I decided to do one ride at a time instead of booking the whole day at once. I figured I could go back and fill in the rest of the day once I had all the more popular attractions. I jumped back and forth alot, but it seemed to work well.

Congratulations on getting your picks! I am anxiously awaiting fr when I can book my FP for our December trip.

If they have FEA dessert party on your Epcot day, you could try that. We really enjoyed it and you get to ride FEA after the park closes to everyone else. Enjoy your trip!

So this morning was my FP+ window and I have been having a mini panic attacks since Monday in regards to whether or not I'm going to get everything. Yesterday I spent most of my afternoon at the office answering patient calls in between writing out my plan of attack. I made a schedule of our park days, which days we were going to be there, what our ADR's were, extras like Pirate Empress makeovers, even down to what times we wanted to catch shows that don't require a fastpass were scheduled for. I had already let my office know to expect me in a little late in case things like the MDE was down and so forth. I got up extra early to make sure I was dressed and ready to go once everything was all set. I had my notes and my glasses on - I WAS READY!

7AM - I went straight for my AK day which I made for the end of our trip instead of the beginning. I nabbed FOP right away, then scored Everest and the Safari. Then it was straight to HS day which is our second park day, nabbed Slinky Dog coaster (I thought my girls and I would just go walk around Toy Story Land but my 20yr old informed me yesterday that she wanted to do the rides as well), TT and RRC.
We'll be in MK for 2 days and I was able to get SWSDMT, Thunder Mountain, Splash Mountain, Space Mountain, Peter Pan and Haunted Mansion!!!!

Great job! Got some very good FPs, should be fun.
For your EPCOT day, if your daughter wants to ride FEA, 2 options. Be there early, and at RD go directly to FEA, then back to the other attractions in Future World.
Or keep refreshing for FPs and see if any FEA become available. While not as likely, it does happen.

Thank you all for your suggestions. I came home from work and told my youngest I didn't get the FP for FEA and I braced myself for a mini meltdown but she surprised me and said its okay mum its not the end of the world. I looked at my oldest who grinned in sheer delight from not having to ride FEA and able to keep her memories of her beloved Maelstrom all to herself and untainted.

I have been having mini panic attacks all week as well, but this morning was my FP morning and I was able to get everything I wanted at the times I wanted!!! 60 days to go - Let the official countdown begin!!!! :yay:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter