The Plaza: dinner ADR is back

I can’t thank you enough for your post! I had to cancel CRT and Plaza was my back up plan but knew we probably had to try for a walk up and would have to cross our fingers that we would be able to be seated. Was just able to book a 7:45 so I am thrilled to have a reservation!! Thanks again!!

Last edited:
Thanks for sharing that news. It’s one of my favorite places to eat and I really prefer ADRs.

Thanks for posting this, the prime lunch spots are back as well and I was able to book lunch on our departure day.

An interesting observation I made... before the took away the ADR option whenever I went to The Plaza with an ADR, the restaurant was always full. When I went last year during a time that ADR was not an option, I walked up and was seated immediately and the restaurant was more than half empty and this was at a prime lunch time around 12:30. There were even CMs outside the restaurant letting people know they had tables available. Based on my experience, I think perhaps the experiment to go no ADR to give a walk up option in MK didn't work very well. I think they have everybody so programmed for ADRs that it's hard to do otherwise.

I'm personally really happy about this because I much prefer having my reservation ahead of time and not having to worry about how busy it may or may not be when I want to eat there.

Sorry if this is a repost... I noticed a couple of days ago that you can make dinner ADR at The Plaza again. I am going late May/June and changed lunch to dinner.

Thanks for posting. I was able to get a late lunch for our trip next week! I’d given up checking because I knew Plaza ADRs could be hard to come by.

Thanks for posting this, the prime lunch spots are back as well and I was able to book lunch on our departure day.

An interesting observation I made... before the took away the ADR option whenever I went to The Plaza with an ADR, the restaurant was always full. When I went last year during a time that ADR was not an option, I walked up and was seated immediately and the restaurant was more than half empty and this was at a prime lunch time around 12:30. There were even CMs outside the restaurant letting people know they had tables available. Based on my experience, I think perhaps the experiment to go no ADR to give a walk up option in MK didn't work very well. I think they have everybody so programmed for ADRs that it's hard to do otherwise.

I'm personally really happy about this because I much prefer having my reservation ahead of time and not having to worry about how busy it may or may not be when I want to eat there.

I would think it would be hard to do because you have to walk from wherever you are to go there and find out if you're going to have to wait 2 hours for a table. At least with rides you can see what you're getting into on the app. But with no way of knowing, people aren't going to walk from the back of the park to main street to have a huge wait, they'll just eat at a more convenient CS

I am looking forward to finally trying this out on my next trip, Haven't ever been and the kiddo wants to go.

The issue I think is this: At 180 days out, you have the dining plan, you want a meal, are you willing to gamble NOT reserving with an ADR and hoping that you can get a spot at The Plaza as a walk up guest? If they are full, and the wait is insane, then are you stuck with a set of TS credits you can't use? My guess is that most people are not willing to take that chance, and so they make an ADR elsewhere.

We did have lunch at The Plaza last summer, but we were not on a dining plan. Since we were paying out of pocket, it really wasn't a big deal, if there was a long wait there, we would have simply gone to a QS location for our lunch.

The issue I think is this: At 180 days out, you have the dining plan, you want a meal, are you willing to gamble NOT reserving with an ADR and hoping that you can get a spot at The Plaza as a walk up guest? If they are full, and the wait is insane, then are you stuck with a set of TS credits you can't use? My guess is that most people are not willing to take that chance, and so they make an ADR elsewhere.

We did have lunch at The Plaza last summer, but we were not on a dining plan. Since we were paying out of pocket, it really wasn't a big deal, if there was a long wait there, we would have simply gone to a QS location for our lunch.

I totally agree and it wasn't a chance I was willing to make accept for the fact that it was a planned QS meal for me at Casey's, so we were right there anyway and gave it a shot. But, I'm with you, if I were looking for a TS meal in that slot, I would not be leaving it to chance which is why I'm so glad they have gone back to ADRs there. To me it's an all or nothing kind of thing, either everything is ADR or it's not.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter