The Rainbow Lounge - LGBT Chit Chat

What do we think about a Rainbow Lounge?

• Loving it, I'll be here every day. This IS now officially my new homepage on all devices!

• I'm in between. Fun idea but I don't really have much to say at the moment *puts it on watched*

• What's this? I chit chat where ever I want.

Results are only viewable after voting.
The Vero Beach resort seemed like a world away from WDW even though its a 90 minute drive south. The vibe of the resort is far more laid back, though still being uniquely Disney. The pool and waterslide are awesome and the resort is beach-front. We watched the waves crash on shore from our balcony. It was the perfect relaxing end to our trip after a whirlwind stay at the World.

Have been thinking of other places to go to unwind. LOVE WDW but some times you just want a quiet get away. Def will have to check this out now. Thanks for the idea.

Hi guys. We just got back from doing three nights at Bay Lake Tower and the three nights at Disney's Vero Beach Resort. It was our first time at both and I can definitely say we loved the whole trip. Prior to the BLT trip we were fans of AKL, but I think we're now converts to the contemporary. The clean lines of the rooms and the easy walking distance to MK make this resort an easy favorite. Plus watching the MK fireworks from the Top of the World lounge was a highlight of the trip.

The Vero Beach resort seemed like a world away from WDW even though its a 90 minute drive south. The vibe of the resort is far more laid back, though still being uniquely Disney. The pool and waterslide are awesome and the resort is beach-front. We watched the waves crash on shore from our balcony. It was the perfect relaxing end to our trip after a whirlwind stay at the World.

I have to say I'm a tad bummed that we don't have another trip scheduled yet, but I'm sure that will change very quickly.
I just bought into AK, i'm looking forward to my first stay in May, my last one was a split between BLT and BW, and I have to say I'm not a fan of BLT. I enjoy the closeness of the MK but the room is small, it was almost too small for three people. I don't like the way the bathroom is set up and there really is no place for the luggage if you have more than two people. I did like watching the fireworks from our balcony, but the size was just too cramped for a studio. Now BW was perfect, I love the location and it was very spacious. I'm glad you had a great time. I book my 60 day fast passes in two weeks. Will be staying at Value resort then for my last free dining trip.

I enjoy the closeness of the MK but the room is small, it was almost too small for three people. I don't like the way the bathroom is set up and there really is no place for the luggage if you have more than two people.
We treated ourselves to a 1-bedroom, so that probably had a lot to do with our enjoying the resort. We have found the Poly studios to be a tad tight, so I can't see how the tiny ones at BLT could be anything but claustrophobic.

We treated ourselves to a 1-bedroom, so that probably had a lot to do with our enjoying the resort. We have found the Poly studios to be a tad tight, so I can't see how the tiny ones at BLT could be anything but claustrophobic.
It's funny, I went with a two friends and one, like me found it really tight. But she is going back with her partner and Nephew and they are doing a one bedroom. So we shall see how that goes, but their first night will be at the poly studios.

Never, never even been outside of the UK before and I’m planning a solo trip I’m thinking The Polynesian.

Feel free to ask for any tips! I just finished a solo long-weekend there (my first solo) and have a weeklong solo trip planned for September.

I'll also be taking my first trip to the U.K. in August (Edinburgh and London)! So, if you have any tips there I'd really appreciate it.

It's funny, I went with a two friends and one, like me found it really tight. But she is going back with her partner and Nephew and they are doing a one bedroom. So we shall see how that goes, but their first night will be at the poly studios.
I guess it really depends if you want to spend some time at the resort or are just looking for a place to sleep.

Going off the boards for a bit; the Community forum has literal Nazi sympathizers, and due to the no politics/religion rule I can’t even engage with them (mods would just censure me and not them). I’ve put them on ignore, but I’d rather not have to deal with a vacation site where I have to dodge Nazis.

Will see how I feel in a week or so.

Going off the boards for a bit; the Community forum has literal Nazi sympathizers, and due to the no politics/religion rule I can’t even engage with them (mods would just censure me and not them). I’ve put them on ignore, but I’d rather not have to deal with a vacation site where I have to dodge Nazis.

Will see how I feel in a week or so.

Please be advised you can always report them without engaging with them. I do largely avoid the community boards, however find the moderators/administrators incredibly responsive and reasonable.

The internet is certainly starting to become quite the cesspool!

We are going since my husband likes The Food & Wine festival. We’ll be at the Boardwalk - this way we can walk to Epcot

Never been, it seems really cool. And staying next to Epcot is a huge plus!! I was thinking of staying at the BC for upcoming trip, but could not quite justify the cost.

Hope you have a great time!

I just officially booked my room at the Shanghai Disneyland hotel. It was a steal at $155 a night! That's cheaper than a value resort during the same time frame -- I can't believe it.

How on earth did you manage that??? I heard the whole place is absolutely gorgeous and quite opulent!

How on earth did you manage that??? I heard the whole place is absolutely gorgeous and quite opulent!

We're traveling during Thanksgiving so it'll be quite cold so maybe that has something to do with it? There was a 25% off promotion going on for rooms so we just booked it. My boyfriend works for an airline so it's a little easier for us to fly around from place to place. I think it's funny that the hotel/flight to shanghai is cheaper than staying for the same amount of time in Orlando in a value.

Never been, it seems really cool. And staying next to Epcot is a huge plus!! I was thinking of staying at the BC for upcoming trip, but could not quite justify the cost.

Hope you have a great time!

Thanks!

I agree regarding the cost of the room, especially since we are just - in effect - sleeping there.

Admittedly, I’m a bit of a princess when it comes to sleeping and can get quite nasty if not comfortable. That said, one of my favorite places to stay has been Coronado when I stayed there several times on a business trip. It was very comfortable, and I found the pricing very reasonable.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!