The Rumor Tracking Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
DSS called me today about our April 2019 trip and during the conversation he told me that Mickey and minnie runaway railway would be open for that trip. I wonder how much they really know? But I am not getting my hopes up, just wanted to share.
It would certainly be great if that comes true, but projected opening is between late August to Early October. Of course, until they announce it anything is possible.

So just to get conversation going.....

Rumor - Jungle Cruise to get some movie overlay if it goes well - not a huge surprise, but this is a Jim Hill rumor I believe, so he may be leaning a bit forward here - have not seen any confirmation from other known sources
Rumor MMRR will open sometime between Late August and early Nov per one insider(mansionbutler84 at WDWMagic.com) which fits what others have said.
per Martin at WDWMagic.com - the major redo of Mexico ride into Coco is dead - may still get a minor overlay but doubtful and no timings - my assumption here is UK will happen now then....

Not sure how I feel about the Jungle Cruise movie overlay. If it is just adding some new elements that "fit" and allow for some new jokes, etc. then I think it could be ok and allow for some "freshness" to it - but if it is like a total redo and it loses its "spirit" I will be really upset

Rumor - Jungle Cruise to get some movie overlay if it goes well - not a huge surprise, but this is a Jim Hill rumor I believe, so he may be leaning a bit forward here - have not seen any confirmation from other known sources
If you read the first page this rumor started long ago when The Rock put on Instagram he was working on some things with Imagineering.

Still a big thumbs down from me.

Didn’t the pirate films and Captain Jack prove they had some staying power well before he was added to the attraction?

Just throwing the rock in JC if a film does well sounds premature to me.

ETA: Jack added in 2006; first movie 2003, second movie 2006.

Seas in Epcot possibly getting a remodel
Of all that's left in EPCOT, The Living Seas is our favorite. We loved it as Seabase Alpha. And, the Nemo overlay has been nothing but a positive experience for my family. Still today, my daughter thinks the sea gulls are talking to her when they say , "Mine, Mine, Mine". :lovestruc

All that saying, the Coral Reef restaurant was a bit of a disappointment this past trip. Service wasn't that great and it did look "worn" inside. If they do some reworking, I hope they keep the immersive experience of the pavilion. We would miss it very much if they simply got rid of it!

Saw this article about the Seas in Epcot possibly getting a remodel...not a lot of information I hadn't heard before at least floated, except for the survey that was sent out to folks about the Seas.

https://m.orlandoweekly.com/Blogs/a...ant-aquarium-might-be-getting-a-giant-remodel
I guess it depends the direction they are taking Future world. An aquarium in 2018 is nothing special. It was in 1986. Has my family had fun at The Seas? Sure, but my local aquarium (Fort Fisher Aquarium in NC) (which isn't very big), is bigger, more educational, has more fish than that. Despite it being 30 minute drive away, we get a family membership (one year for the family cheaper than one single day ticket at WDW). So .. we can experience that at home .. I can't experience entertainment like Soarin', Test Track, Mission Space, Spaceship Earth or even Living with the Land at home. So the Seas is pretty skippable next time.

The only thing "special" about the Seas is the giant Bruce they can play in and Turtle Talk. When we were there last time, it just felt dark, empty and lifeless. (It was a nice break, but was just shocked at how few people were in there).

They either need to redo it to make it like modern-day aquariums (dive shows, interactive exhibits, educational demonstrations, etc.) or ditch the fish and make an exciting "sea" themed ride.

Either way .. that Nemo "ride" needs to go. (if you can even call it a ride .. it's more of a moving chair that gets you into the building.

I guess it depends the direction they are taking Future world. An aquarium in 2018 is nothing special. It was in 1986. Has my family had fun at The Seas? Sure, but my local aquarium (Fort Fisher Aquarium in NC) (which isn't very big), is bigger, more educational, has more fish than that. Despite it being 30 minute drive away, we get a family membership (one year for the family cheaper than one single day ticket at WDW). So .. we can experience that at home .. I can't experience entertainment like Soarin', Test Track, Mission Space, Spaceship Earth or even Living with the Land at home. So the Seas is pretty skippable next time.

The only thing "special" about the Seas is the giant Bruce they can play in and Turtle Talk. When we were there last time, it just felt dark, empty and lifeless. (It was a nice break, but was just shocked at how few people were in there).

They either need to redo it to make it like modern-day aquariums (dive shows, interactive exhibits, educational demonstrations, etc.) or ditch the fish and make an exciting "sea" themed ride.

Either way .. that Nemo "ride" needs to go. (if you can even call it a ride .. it's more of a moving chair that gets you into the building.

I feel the same. I'm a couple of hours away from an aquarium that we can go to any time we want. Its a nice break from the heat.

I feel like the original Seas pavilion - with Sea Base Alpha was more unique and would welcome a change back to that. Now it is largely just an aquarium with the Nemo stuff added but that ride isn't anything special (a break from the head and do enjoy the parts where they project the characters into the aquariums, but nothing special) and Turtle Talk is pretty cool, but those things could almost be anywhere - it's not using the full potential of the pavilion

Make it more like you are really in an undersea city - tie it to the scenario created for the one option at the end of Horizons ... make it like you are in a real city of the future that is underwater and build off that. Then if you want a thrill ride add in Crushes Coaster or something

I feel like the original Seas pavilion
I did too. Kids really have enjoyed the Nemo overlay. Even with them in their teens now, they still like going to the pavillion. I do agree that they can do more with this area. But, I would very much miss an underwater experience at EPCOT.

Don't get me started with them ripping out Shark Reef at Typhoon Lagoon. Still not over that one...

I feel like the original Seas pavilion - with Sea Base Alpha was more unique and would welcome a change back to that. Now it is largely just an aquarium with the Nemo stuff added but that ride isn't anything special (a break from the head and do enjoy the parts where they project the characters into the aquariums, but nothing special) and Turtle Talk is pretty cool, but those things could almost be anywhere - it's not using the full potential of the pavilion

Make it more like you are really in an undersea city - tie it to the scenario created for the one option at the end of Horizons ... make it like you are in a real city of the future that is underwater and build off that. Then if you want a thrill ride add in Crushes Coaster or something

The original was Seabase Alpha with a thunderingly dull movie attached. Surely I wasn't the only person who tried to zip through the theater before the doors on the other side closed?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!