The Rumor Tracking Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is a weird rumor that I don’t think will actually happen.

I saw martin on wdwmagic indicate that this rumor is not necessarily incorrect. He started rather ambiguously as he must that it was being called something different but that the concept was the same.

I saw martin on wdwmagic indicate that this rumor is not necessarily incorrect. He started rather ambiguously as he must that it was being called something different but that the concept was the same.
Yeah I saw that. Still seems weird.

I'm not sure the best place to ask this question, but right now the rumor is that Toy Story Land will open Memorial Day, correct?

We're planning a trip at the end of June and I really want to see this!

Latest update on Epcot from MagicFeather at WDWMagic.com:
IIRC, Brazil paperwork is being finalized. UK is in development hell like Stitch, but still projected for WDW50. Hotel is around the same time, if not a bit later than Guardians. The bottom line is. By 2023, expect at least one new pavillion and one new ride (not Rat) in WS. If things get done, both of those number may change to 2.
So now to speculate....
First ride in WS other than Rat is UK ride, so the second is?.... thoughts folks? I am thinking maybe, just maybe some kind of attraction for Brazil?

Also looks like a 2nd pavillion is still on the table as well - could this be Spain still?

Latest update on Epcot from MagicFeather at WDWMagic.com:
So now to speculate....
First ride in WS other than Rat is UK ride, so the second is?.... thoughts folks? I am thinking maybe, just maybe some kind of attraction for Brazil?

Also looks like a 2nd pavillion is still on the table as well - could this be Spain still?

I assume they mean brand new and not just the Coco overlay as well, correct?

still think it would be great if they put in the Rhine river cruise ride in Germany ... also would be a ride in the back as right now, even with Rat, the rides are all towards the front of WS on either side.

I assume they mean brand new and not just the Coco overlay as well, correct?

still think it would be great if they put in the Rhine river cruise ride in Germany ... also would be a ride in the back as right now, even with Rat, the rides are all towards the front of WS on either side.
I'm probably in the minority, but I love simple boat rides or dark rides - as long as there isn't a huge line. So, with each new one they add, it hopefully makes the lines of the existing ones go down...

I'm probably in the minority, but I love simple boat rides or dark rides - as long as there isn't a huge line. So, with each new one they add, it hopefully makes the lines of the existing ones go down...

Add me to that minority!

Add me to that minority!

Not sure it it is even the minority - the boat rides are some of our favorites at Disney ... we ride Living with the Land at least a couple of times each trip. And they do tend to have high capacities (the Navi River Journey being the exception)

Here is the tentative slate per MagicFeather:
Consider the EPCOT Slate to be Three Phases:

By 2020:
Rat
Coco
By 2021:
I:WotW (well... Maybe not that incarnation)
Guardians
UK
By 2023:
Hotel (Maybe bumped to '21)
New Country
Another FW reno in West that is not Imagination!

I am assuming the I:WotW is illuminations new version, but am not sure

By 2020:
Rat
Coco
By 2021:
Guardians
UK
By 2023:
New Country

I too was assuming I:WotW is the new version of illuminations

Interested about the FW West reno that isn't Imagination which really just leaves The Land and the Seas. I can't see anything major with the Land (some refreshing, sure - updating animatronics in Living with the Land, sure) so guess that leaves the Seas. I recall at one point the idea of turning the seas into the Marine Life Institute from Nemo, so maybe this is that.

Not sure it it is even the minority - the boat rides are some of our favorites at Disney ... we ride Living with the Land at least a couple of times each trip. And they do tend to have high capacities (the Navi River Journey being the exception)
It's always seemed like there are more people that wish for thrill rides or E ticket rides, than there are people who think the simple boat rides are the best, but I could be wrong.

It's always seemed like there are more people that wish for thrill rides or E ticket rides, than there are people who think the simple boat rides are the best, but I could be wrong.

well, I think a lot of people like Disney because it has both - it isn't just Thrill Rides but rather has things for the entire family.

And to this day I think Pirates of the Caribbean and the Jungle Cruise are still two favorites and they are both boat rides

well, I think a lot of people like Disney because it has both - it isn't just Thrill Rides but rather has things for the entire family.

And to this day I think Pirates of the Caribbean and the Jungle Cruise are still two favorites and they are both boat rides

I like the rollercoasters, especially since they're not too crazy compared to other parks. But I also love the dark rides like Haunted Mansion and Pirates a lot too. The Disney Parks are intended to be fun for so many audiences so I think they've been largely effective at working that venn diagram of thrill and non-thrill. I also feel like if you really want the biggest, baddest coasters of all time there are places you can go and have a blast, but Disney will probably not ever remotely touch that segment and that's perfectly ok.

By 2020:
Rat
Coco
By 2021:
Guardians
UK
By 2023:
New Country

So it seems like Wonders of the World will be the new theme of Illuminations if thats what that means. I'm expecting a mix of Illuminations, World of Color, and Rivers of Light for the new show once it happens. I also still believe Brazil would come with an UP attraction. Just imagine riding through a dark ride with the piano interlude playing. It could be amazing!

So it seems like Wonders of the World will be the new theme of Illuminations if thats what that means. I'm expecting a mix of Illuminations, World of Color, and Rivers of Light for the new show once it happens. I also still believe Brazil would come with an UP attraction. Just imagine riding through a dark ride with the piano interlude playing. It could be amazing!

Oh my gosh I would LOVE an Up attraction!

An Up attraction could be cool - maybe a Peter Pan like ride system but you are in the floating house sailing across the Brazilian landscape

Seems like omnimover would make a lot of sense. I am surprised that there isn't some sort of ride on property(florida) that uses the mechanism like Mater's Jamboree in DCA, but I'm not sure that gobbles up the riders like an omnimover.
Certainly seems a lot of smoke for Epcot, I'll be excited to see where the fires end up.
I feel like they've been held back for a while for budget reason, and now they have some sort of a green light, but are paralyzed by the decision process. I think Epcot could really swallow up a lot of people with a few more new attractions. They don't have to be E-tickets either.

Seems like omnimover would make a lot of sense. I am surprised that there isn't some sort of ride on property(florida) that uses the mechanism like Mater's Jamboree in DCA, but I'm not sure that gobbles up the riders like an omnimover.
Certainly seems a lot of smoke for Epcot, I'll be excited to see where the fires end up.
I feel like they've been held back for a while for budget reason, and now they have some sort of a green light, but are paralyzed by the decision process. I think Epcot could really swallow up a lot of people with a few more new attractions. They don't have to be E-tickets either.

The Alien Saucer Swirl ride (which is one attraction we shouldn't use an abbreviation for) that is part of Toy Story Land will be just like Mater's, just different theme

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!