The Rumor Tracking Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would bet spaceship earth referb and/or Mary Poppins will be pushed back as well as more ticket/food price hikes and upcharges on perks that used to be free
Disney can't raise ticket and room prices when people are scared to travel. I actually think we will see room discounts and expanded free dining soon. They make no money off on sold rooms and people not showing up at the parks. Raising food prices in the parks is probably one of the things they could get away with.

I would be surprised if Typhoon opens up at anytime in the next six months.

Disney can't raise ticket and room prices when people are scared to travel. I actually think we will see room discounts and expanded free dining soon. They make no money off on sold rooms and people not showing up at the parks. Raising food prices in the parks is probably one of the things they could get away with.

I would be surprised if Typhoon opens up at anytime in the next six months.

yup - keep raising food prices and then offer free dining so it seems like an even better deal!!!

I really wouldn’t put anything past them. Simply not reopening Typhoon is one of the easiest ways to cut staff. They’d probably hope Blizzard Beach would absorb most of the crowd.
Close Blizzard Beach and keep Typhoon Lagoon open, says my family. Last time we went to Blizzard, every slide on the mountain was down. Complete waste of a visit.

Obviously having to close the 2 Chinese parks really hurts Disney's Bottom line, but it doesn't make any sense to close revenue generating parks here. They might try to run parks with less staff, but closing a park to save money on staff because another park other side of the globe is closed doesn't make sense. I can see them cutting things like entertainment, reducing park hours, and limiting shows schedules or eliminating less popular entertainment altogether.

Okay since we are in a slow period, just some news...
Imagination per Martin at WDWmagic.com - look for Imaginations to go down 2023(current schedule) he was asked if it will be the move from Figment to Inside out - he stated that is not the plan THIS week, so it was considered at some point.

Okay since we are in a slow period, just some news...
Imagination per Martin at WDWmagic.com - look for Imaginations to go down 2023(current schedule) he was asked if it will be the move from Figment to Inside out - he stated that is not the plan THIS week, so it was considered at some point.

obviously Disney isn't asking for my opinion, but I do love Inside Out and think the characters can be used really well at a pavilion - but not at the expense of Figment. I'd love more if they create an amazing attraction for him (my vote would be something like Mystic Manor but themed to Figment) and then use Inside Out int he rest of the pavilion - maybe upstairs and bring the rainbow bridge back but with the colors of the Inside Out characters, etc. .... I feel like there are ways for both sets of IP to be in the Pavilion

obviously Disney isn't asking for my opinion, but I do love Inside Out and think the characters can be used really well at a pavilion - but not at the expense of Figment. I'd love more if they create an amazing attraction for him (my vote would be something like Mystic Manor but themed to Figment) and then use Inside Out int he rest of the pavilion - maybe upstairs and bring the rainbow bridge back but with the colors of the Inside Out characters, etc. .... I feel like there are ways for both sets of IP to be in the Pavilion
MYSTIC MANOR BUT THEMED TO FIGMENT?! DISNEY NEEDS TO HIRE YOU

I also love Inside Out and I think it´s a great IP for Epcot, I mean, it´s a movie about how our imagination and feelings work (sorta! lol).
Also, loved your Mystic Manor-Figment idea! Miss Gina is right, they should pay you for those! ;)

Martin in regards to the Spaceship Earth refurb:

Seems like a pretty big change.

I'd be lying if I knew how much of an impact that change would or wouldn't have ... all I will say is how much I love this attraction and how iconic it is - so I hope whatever they do, they do well. if it is scaled down, fine - but have that be to the amount of changes made not the quality of those changes

I'd be lying if I knew how much of an impact that change would or wouldn't have ... all I will say is how much I love this attraction and how iconic it is - so I hope whatever they do, they do well. if it is scaled down, fine - but have that be to the amount of changes made not the quality of those changes
The load and unload are sort of problematic from an ADA point of view. While I love SSE I could see where some improvements to the load/unload could be made. Making areas a little more accessible and more open. The unload in particular includes the whole post show area which the entire building was supposed to be gone basically. We of course would still see updates to that but the building may be staying instead.

Just some updates:
Per Martin at WDWMagic.com - Brazil is gone - well he put it "delayed" but it won't happen as Bob decided he didn't want to pay for it, and sponsorship wasn't fitting the bill. This makes the closest they have come to adding a new area to WS since Equitorial Africa. They are still looking to add, but nothing close to happening.

AS for UK - and Mary Poppins - per Martin this is behind schedule - although if they wanted to complete by the 50th they could with scope they have .

It seems odd that there isn’t a stronger business case to be made for a new WS pavilion given that’s it’s basically just dining and merch.

Len Testa suggesting on his podcast today that he’s hearing that Mickey and Minnie’s Runaway Railway actually may have soft openings
Here´s hoping for a soft opening on March 1st... I´d love to try it out, I´m actually hyped for MMRR!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter